Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 02:29 AM

1 posts, read 2,106 times

Advertisements

I'm currently being mobbed at my work. It's been going on for a year now. It has become an all out sneaky back-stabbing war. My Internet Service Provider is Christian too, and shares my personal home web surfing data with my co-workers. Then my co-workers mention it in casual conversation in a context where I couldn't possibly report it without seeming like a crazy person. It nearly drove me into a psychotic episode. Pretty sick.
However, over time, I learned to use their own tricks against them, and realized that they are actually pretty weak in the head. Also, I'm a little more educated than they are, so I have a tremendous advantage over being able to hit back (verbally) in a quick and just manner. It's weird. I'm like this one guy who's "taking the whole place hostage". They push me, I push back, they stop. But, they just keep coming back for more. They hate really hate me now. They totally don't get it. I'm only one guy, getting stronger, while they're all freaked out, scrambling around, trying to figure out who's actually in the wrong.

From this, I've developed an eminence prejudice towards Christians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 06:55 AM

1,224 posts, read 4,001,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdimage View Post
I'm currently being mobbed at my work. It's been going on for a year now. It has become an all out sneaky back-stabbing war. My Internet Service Provider is Christian too, and shares my personal home web surfing data with my co-workers. Then my co-workers mention it in casual conversation in a context where I couldn't possibly report it without seeming like a crazy person. It nearly drove me into a psychotic episode. Pretty sick.
However, over time, I learned to use their own tricks against them, and realized that they are actually pretty weak in the head. Also, I'm a little more educated than they are, so I have a tremendous advantage over being able to hit back (verbally) in a quick and just manner. It's weird. I'm like this one guy who's "taking the whole place hostage". They push me, I push back, they stop. But, they just keep coming back for more. They hate really hate me now. They totally don't get it. I'm only one guy, getting stronger, while they're all freaked out, scrambling around, trying to figure out who's actually in the wrong.

Well, don't lump them all into one group because they're not all like that. No more than "we" are all one way or another.

Sorry you're going through that. The obvious solution is to find another job, but in this economy that's not an easy option. You could report it to the ACLU I suppose since your boss is obviously in on it. You are experiencing religious persecution and I wouldn't put up with it. It's not right.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:43 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,045,427 times
Quote:

My first reaction is that I would think it is illegal for an internet company to share your personal home use of your internet surfing with anyone. Maybe you can get a seperate internet company for your home use?

Old 02-17-2011, 10:06 AM

2,319 posts, read 4,806,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milleka View Post
Sweetheart, I understand your excitement for God. I've been there. But, not everyone shares your faith and it's not fair to shove it down their throats. Churches are located, virtually, on every street corner. They can find it when they want and should be left alone when they don't. It's not right for this guy to be beat over the head with a Bible when he's just trying to earn a paycheck.
I agree. I would also contact the ACLU, and I would contact a lawyer about the Internet Service Provider dispensing personal information to the co-workers. Throwing words back and forth isn't a long term solution to this type of problem.

Old 02-17-2011, 12:18 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,898,289 times
Quote:
My Internet Service Provider is Christian too, and shares my personal home web surfing data with my co-workers.
Am I the only one who finds this hard to believe?

Old 02-17-2011, 12:24 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,045,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
I find it hard to believe and if it is happening its time to get another internet provider and a lawyer............

Old 02-17-2011, 12:32 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,853,584 times
Am I reading your post correctly....you are not Christian and are being persecuted by Christians at work?

Old 02-21-2011, 08:14 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,225,526 times
Don't have much to say other than if this is true you need to watch out. Ultimately the gang usually wins. I'd plan an exit strategy then sue them from afar.

I'm a moderate that works in a very conservative environment and believe me I try to keep my head down. I can see something like this happening.

Old 02-23-2011, 04:46 PM

281 posts, read 447,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
No, you're not.

Old 02-23-2011, 10:11 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,867,056 times
Quote:
.........they're all freaked out, scrambling around, trying to figure out who's actually in the wrong.
When the fox is on the prowl the sickest chickens can be found huddled at the back of the coop.....squawking amongst themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism