Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 09:13 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,300,855 times

Advertisements

It seems that atheists have become increasingly vocal in their disapproval of Christianity. They have posted billboards with anti-Christian messages in anticipation of an important political conference, protested, and even reserved platforms in various places that were used for Nativity scenes to instead post signs that mocked various religions.

I do not know the message of Islam or Judaism, but I know that Christ said that we should love our brothers and sisters, including our enemies, be respectful, and that we would be held accountable for all of our actions.

This is the fundamental law that usurps man's law and often serves a basis for justification of righteousness in society.

Atheism on the other hand ultimately says that we are not accountable for our actions unless we get caught. Theoretically, a group of powerful atheists could impose laws to exterminate people that did not fit into their vision of society, and there would be no one to hold them accountable.

If the used the right propoganda, they could bastardize a certain segment of people and reduce their value to that of rats or cockroaches.

Then their actions would be justified and guilt would be subdued.

Basically, society would adapt to the circumstances surrounding atheist ideology. Realistically, it does not make sense for people to willingly suffer when they only have one life to live, so if one had the means and the mechanism to eradicate a group of people that made their life more difficult, that would be the logical way to procede.

Furthermore, the generation of children being raised in a society that puts great value in material things and self worship, would likely be incredibly disrespectful because there will be no accountability.

There will be no need for humility. No need for selflessness. It would truly be survival of the fittest and those that are not at the top of the food chain would experience hell.

I don't see how atheism is a positive message. There is no accountability. It is based on entitlment.

It means that people believe they deserve an easy way out. Last time I checked, life was not easy.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:15 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,458,327 times
Oh, FSM, not this again.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:16 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,169,559 times
That would be subjective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Oh, FSM, not this again.
It's indisputable. Isn't it?

17,842 posts, read 14,379,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
It seems that atheists have become increasingly vocal in their disapproval of Christianity. They have posted billboards with anti-Christian messages in anticipation of an important political conference, protested, and even reserved platforms in various places that were used for Nativity scenes to instead post signs that mocked various religions.

I do not know the message of Islam or Judaism, but I know that Christ said that we should love our brothers and sisters, including our enemies, be respectful, and that we would be held accountable for all of our actions.

This is the fundamental law that usurps man's law and often serves a basis for justification of righteousness in society.

Atheism on the other hand ultimately says that we are not accountable for our actions unless we get caught. Theoretically, a group of powerful atheists could impose laws to exterminate people that did not fit into their vision of society, and there would be no one to hold them accountable.

If the used the right propoganda, they could bastardize a certain segment of people and reduce their value to that of rats or cockroaches.

Basically, society would adapt to the circumstances surrounding atheist ideology. Realistically, it does not make sense for people to willingly suffer when they only have one life to live, so if one had the means and the mechanism to eradicate a group of people that made their life more difficult, that would be the logical way to procede.

Furthermore, the generation of children being raised in a society that puts great value in material things and self worship, would likely be incredibly disrespectful because there will be no accountability.

There will be no need for humility. No need for selflessness. It would truly be survival of the fittest and those that are not at the top of the food chain would experience hell.

I don't see how atheism is a positive message. There is no accountability. It is based on entitlment.

It means that people believe they deserve an easy way out. Last time I checked, life was not easy.
The problem is- what you have described as atheism, in NOT atheism, so your whole strawman rant is invalid.

/end thread

Old 08-22-2012, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpanda View Post
That would be subjective.
I just fail to see how preaching entitlement delivers a positive message to the youth of our society.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
The problem is- what you have described as atheism, in NOT atheism, so your whole rant is invalid.
Really?

Explain.

If there is no God, there is no one to hold us accountable. Am I incorrect in my assertion?

Old 08-22-2012, 09:21 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,458,327 times
Quote:
Really?

Explain.

If there is no God, there is no one to hold us accountable. Am I incorrect in my assertion?
We hold OURSELVES accountable instead of relying upon some supernatural force to do it for us. And it works amazingly well, despite all the anti-atheist propaganda to the contrary.

There! Question answered.

6,993 posts, read 6,336,082 times
Quote:

Please document the above ludicrous assertion (bolded text)....

17,842 posts, read 14,379,343 times
Quote:
Really?

Explain.

Yes, you are incorrect in your assumptions.

If you personally need an imaginary authoritarian parental figure or the threat of eternal hell to keep you from harming others, then you may need therapeutic help in developing empathy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism