Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 09:44 PM

32,066 posts, read 15,046,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
It seems that atheists have become increasingly vocal in their disapproval of Christianity. They have posted billboards with anti-Christian messages in anticipation of an important political conference, protested, and even reserved platforms in various places that were used for Nativity scenes to instead post signs that mocked various religions.

I do not know the message of Islam or Judaism, but I know that Christ said that we should love our brothers and sisters, including our enemies, be respectful, and that we would be held accountable for all of our actions.

This is the fundamental law that usurps man's law and often serves a basis for justification of righteousness in society.

Atheism on the other hand ultimately says that we are not accountable for our actions unless we get caught. Theoretically, a group of powerful atheists could impose laws to exterminate people that did not fit into their vision of society, and there would be no one to hold them accountable.

If the used the right propoganda, they could bastardize a certain segment of people and reduce their value to that of rats or cockroaches.

Then their actions would be justified and guilt would be subdued.

Basically, society would adapt to the circumstances surrounding atheist ideology. Realistically, it does not make sense for people to willingly suffer when they only have one life to live, so if one had the means and the mechanism to eradicate a group of people that made their life more difficult, that would be the logical way to procede.

Furthermore, the generation of children being raised in a society that puts great value in material things and self worship, would likely be incredibly disrespectful because there will be no accountability.

There will be no need for humility. No need for selflessness. It would truly be survival of the fittest and those that are not at the top of the food chain would experience hell.

I don't see how atheism is a positive message. There is no accountability. It is based on entitlment.

It means that people believe they deserve an easy way out. Last time I checked, life was not easy.

How do you not see that being an atheist is a positive message. And there is accountability because they don't blame things that happen in the name of god. The easy way out is to say it's god's will and that is how religious people deal. Atheists believe in themselves

Old 08-22-2012, 09:44 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,300,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Yes, really.

Religion in Nazi Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LOL.

And guess what? The Nazis attempted to ban atheism.

From the same link:

Now where have I seen that bold-faced statement before??
I thought atheists were supposed to be logical. I can't always be right.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:45 PM

13,414 posts, read 9,944,426 times
Quote:
Really?

LOL.

I mean, that's like saying, I'm straight, but I only have sex with guys. Am I really straight?

Nope.

Have you ever read the Gospel? Because Christ says, turn the other cheek and love your enemies.

That's the bottom line. To be Christian, is to mimic Christ. Anytime we do otherwise, we are not exhbiting Christian behavior.
In that case, perhaps you should focus your energies on the supposed Christian majority - who's house is definitey not in order according to your above definition - instead of making up stories about how atheists are really Nazis.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:45 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,916,997 times
Quote:
It seems that atheists have become increasingly vocal in their disapproval of Christianity. They have posted billboards with anti-Christian messages in anticipation of an important political conference, protested, and even reserved platforms in various places that were used for Nativity scenes to instead post signs that mocked various religions.

I do not know the message of Islam or Judaism, but I know that Christ said that we should love our brothers and sisters, including our enemies, be respectful, and that we would be held accountable for all of our actions.

This is the fundamental law that usurps man's law and often serves a basis for justification of righteousness in society.

Atheism on the other hand ultimately says that we are not accountable for our actions unless we get caught. Theoretically, a group of powerful atheists could impose laws to exterminate people that did not fit into their vision of society, and there would be no one to hold them accountable.

If the used the right propoganda, they could bastardize a certain segment of people and reduce their value to that of rats or cockroaches.

Then their actions would be justified and guilt would be subdued.

Basically, society would adapt to the circumstances surrounding atheist ideology. Realistically, it does not make sense for people to willingly suffer when they only have one life to live, so if one had the means and the mechanism to eradicate a group of people that made their life more difficult, that would be the logical way to procede.

Furthermore, the generation of children being raised in a society that puts great value in material things and self worship, would likely be incredibly disrespectful because there will be no accountability.

There will be no need for humility. No need for selflessness. It would truly be survival of the fittest and those that are not at the top of the food chain would experience hell.

I don't see how atheism is a positive message. There is no accountability. It is based on entitlment.

It means that people believe they deserve an easy way out. Last time I checked, life was not easy.

What a load of brown steaming smelly stuff

Old 08-22-2012, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureNarcotic View Post
We still live in a land of laws. If I kill a man, it is likely that I will be held accountable for such action. That is still mostly irrelevant, because unless a man has taken some action against me, I have no reason to do him harm.

Your entire premise is insulting. Not just to atheists, but to Christians. The message you are sending to them is that if they had no fear of the afterlife, they would have no moral compass of their own.
The message is, I have one life to live and I don't get judged when I die.

Why wouldn't I take advantage of that? You think I'd really want to live in a house with boarded up windows, working two jobs, taking our your trash, cleaning up your wastes?

Hell to the no.

If I truly believed in the ideology of no accountability and entitlement, I'm gonna get mine. Like 50 cent said, "get rich or die tryin."

And if I die, no big deal, I just cease to exist. You want to win big, you got to risk big.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Ahhhhh the "not a true christian" ploy. Okay.
Is Christ not the fundamental basis of Christianity?

Christ is God. Don't you think that God would be the final word?

I don't know if you noticed, but Christianity, starts with the word, "Christ."

What a revelation!!!

Old 08-22-2012, 09:48 PM

635 posts, read 539,327 times
Quote:

Why wouldn't I take advantage of that? You think I'd really want to live in a house with boarded up windows, working two jobs, taking our your trash, cleaning up your wastes?

Hell to the no.

If I truly believed in the ideology of no accountability and entitlement, I'm gonna get mine. Like 50 cent said, "get rich or die tryin."

And if I die, no big deal, I just cease to exist. You want to win big, you got to risk big.
If that is the case, why are atheists less likely to commit crimes than religious people?

Old 08-22-2012, 09:48 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,397 times
Quote:

Hell to the no.

Crazy thinking, crazy post, crazy thread....

Old 08-22-2012, 09:49 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,199,967 times
Quote:
Is Christ not the fundamental basis of Christianity?

Christ is God. Don't you think that God would be the final word?

I don't know if you noticed, but Christianity, starts with the word, "Christ."

What a revelation!!!
In that case 99% of the people calling themselves "christian" are not christians.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:49 PM

345 posts, read 643,040 times
Quote:

Hell to the no.

Sooo...is this your admission that you are a sociopath whose actions are only swayed by a fear of the afterlife?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism