Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 02:47 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,597,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
"I had to move because the cops were closing in on me; I think they figured out that I killed the last person who demanded to know why I moved to their town ..."
lmao!! The funniest thing is I'm the nicest person on my block, yet the most feared. I'm finally moving out of my state and I'm really happy. I imagined some of my neighbors having a party the night the sign went up in front of our home.
(We live in a very religious area)
In a few months you'll notice how much happier my posts become I'm sure.

Old 10-25-2014, 05:01 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Yes, you've mentioned the exact reason I did it in your post. It flowed better than Sam, which is the name I wanted. My husband wanted the name Edison, so, it was either Sam Eddie or Samuel Edison. I was not going to have a boy named Sam Eddie. ha ha

Some religious friends insist on calling him Samuel instead of Sammy. I think they think if they say it long enough they will drive the devil out of him and Jesus will have pity on his soul. lol What ever floats their boat. I think they're just being ass-hols.

I too believe human nature is inquisitive and I think it's for protection. "Are they like us or not?" I imagine my family is pretty scary to half the country. A band of atheists who use to play in rock bands. ha ha
RUN......................RUN
When I was pregnant with my first son (he is now 28), I wanted to name him Nicodemus. I am not religious at all...I just LOVED the name. My sister told me that I shouldn't name my son anything that would get him beaten up on the playground.

Old 10-25-2014, 07:17 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,125,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
As I have mentioned elsewhere, I moved to my current location a couple of years ago and quickly ran into the fact that people tend to be a little impertinent and want to know WHY we moved here.
"Why? What's wrong with the place? We thought it would be a nice place to live, but if you know something we don't..."

Old 10-25-2014, 11:21 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alt Thinker View Post
So, you are, like ... Liv Tyler?

Or does The Boss take you to the carnival? (Sha La La)
I can't stand Bruce Springsteen and never could. That man sings like he's attempting to give birth backward, slowly and via a non-traditional canal.

But then again, I don't say "Joisey" either.

Sterotypes die hard.

Lliv Tyler seems rather a mental stump but I don't know her so, hard to say. I do think she's pretty, if that counts? I have to give to her that she was part of the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy.

Old 10-26-2014, 12:08 AM

4,196 posts, read 4,449,313 times
LOL. It's one thing to associate something with someone's chosen 'handle' - it is quite another to bother asking them and insisting to know the origin or reason. I'd just ignore these type of idiots because it is the internet, home of anonymity, alternate personality and alter ego.

Personally, I never thought anything of your CD user name other than you may:
1) Have 13 as your favorite number
2) Been the 13th John that signed up using their own first name as user name on CD site
3) Had some landmark life experience occurring on the 13th (day of month, graduated 2013 etc..)
4) Perhaps been a play on some famous 'John' in history
5) Been the 13th child in a family or the eldest of three siblings
6) Have Baker as a surname i.e. connoting a 'Baker' dozen
7) Were childhood fan of TV Show about California Highway Patrol officers, 'Chips' and liked John Baker
8) Were a John into the number of moon cycles in a year
9) Were a dyslexic Baskin Robbins Ice Cream fan

For those playing the aforementioned game of 'guess the avatar origin of one's CD user name'....

1MIN FINAL JEOPARDY - YouTube

Old 10-26-2014, 05:38 AM

16,661 posts, read 15,654,903 times
OK, folks.

This thread has provided the requested information, and has run its course. Now that it has veered off course, its time to say goodbye to this discussion of John13's username.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism