Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2017, 11:59 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,853,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I think we now know what we can expect from our new posting pal. poor argument, presentation (not that I'm entitled to criticize ) and fielding the "Who made everything, then?' argument as a first resort, rather than a last.
You're up early my old cabbage. Forget to do the clocks did you...like me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2017, 12:11 AM

691 posts, read 419,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
More smoke and mirrors Trans.

You are doing what all theists do. You note that the universe exists and immediately jump to the unfounded conclusion that it must have been 'created'. What is your verifiable evidence that there was once a time when 'nothing' existed...in order for there to have been a 'creation'.

How do you know that the universe hasn't always been there in some form or other. Whilst the verifiable evidence seems to show that what we see today came about by means of some kind of cosmic explosion, that evidence does not say that, prior to that, there was 'nothing'. It is possible that BB was not the 'creation' of the universe but one of many 'changes' that it has gone through.

So then. Let's see your verifiable evidence for a 'creation' (in terms of something from nothing).
You ask for proof and it's just true you can't prove your side either. And sure say that's what we always say tho frankly to correctly be puralizing me in this conversation then I am included with you and transponder. I mean I really see you're angle. I get it.

I like a good bit myself.

Old 10-29-2017, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstelm View Post
You ask for proof and it's just true you can't prove your side either. And sure say that's what we always say tho frankly to correctly be puralizing me in this conversation then I am included with you and transponder. I mean I really see you're angle. I get it.

I like a good bit myself.
Is English your first language?

Old 10-29-2017, 12:19 AM

Quote:
You ask for proof and it's just true you can't prove your side either.
Our side is not claiming 'truth' and threatening people if they don't believe it. Further, if we have two sides that conflict and there is no evidence to prove either side is right, then the best thing to do is to follow reason, logic and common sense...not 'that idiotic thing called..'faith'.

I'd be interested to know, in what other aspect of your daily life, do you rely on 'faith' to make decisions rather than relying on either, verifiable evidence, reason, logic or common sense?

Old 10-29-2017, 02:11 AM

691 posts, read 419,477 times
Your arguments are ... wait there's a word for it.... the attacking of irrelivent parts of the opposing debator because there's nothing in the well.... It was... well if you look up anything about philosophizing, and holding up a point just to warm your feelings is the gist of the definition... ah whatever it was. It's acedemic... you know... not real world (the sun is hot water is wet gravity is a *****) thinking...

here's what mattered to me today - all of the people that were on my list got a job done correctly. I've gotten updates about people that are not my family but are, important to me and the reports were reassuring. A man who was hoarding the best fridge in the building because of its size ( provided he is responsible for getting it moved, and I knew it so, I wanted to do the christ thing and give him a hand with it anyway... when I was done walking carpet rolls outside), he asked my 55 yr old maintance man to do it instead cause you know..... " blah blah my way my time you said so blah" ) long story short my god hating Mike gave it his best but did drop it by accident. It was funny how that guy got pinned. Ya know. Ironic funny. I Mean.. you know .. there's your fridge you wanted. .... this Alabama guest showed off his off the radar( wink) 9mm compact and tells me he's a felon .. and the gun brought this up, but he don't trust the town,. Something about his wife..maybe unfounded... and he was burglerized but some how shot the guy wrong but that was somewhere back then... known that guy a while and this surprised me a little.. a felon? Well you know. Life. Tonight some stressful things because they were bad things happened. Nothing juicy or dramatic. Just simple things in the "who hasn't" category... the only one that's got my attention is I noticed a ... how do I say it cause like.... who are you jokers?.... my boss has ceased to address easy to fix problems in his business which leaves the people only getting what they themselves assume they paid for... Their assumption... and I finalize this ladies... (I dunno 45.. outta state... hubby standing behind her) transaction... it fell apart so badly as I'm giving it too her. She noticed my surprise... asked me "what is it" and I remember my how to do customer service but chewing I got. ... all businesses in our industry have the same 'obstacles' it is my job to protect the payer from such. ... yea I don't agree either but bills , children, wife is looking to move so....yea I need a better place to earn money. Kinda angry that it is actually in the bible that men will do all sorts of evil in name of a job.... really motivating ... like morale super high. . I want to say " we got nothing you wanna give us money for cause our problems tend to last a while. And the boss, he says this us slow season... we need this amount to stay in business. .. part of me thinks so..your business is uncaring and awful... only thing it's got is other workers that try to get the customers the best least harmful f-ed lie we got... crap... this ain't just my job... what if these things come home to my new baby!?... well what would you do? I put out a" Sorry please wait I'll come back .. when I'm done getting a lot of things ready for our many good trusted customers " bs pr sign that ... it's even broken. I left the only sales desk for like i hope 30 minutes. ( bed off what the next costumer said when I came back to do my job)... I went off to my aka cans guest and sat in his corner a while about what he's learn in the 25 more years he's been alive then me... this convo was heard and I got stopped by a guy, and he says "something blah blah my wife thinks you're worth reaching out to. You know I work in this union and there's freee manual, the first month's dues is x.. you used to lay pipe before this? Blah blah something around if you tell me you'll work they way we're looking for...you'll be probing if in a week think about it outsdoor workers get x$ .. yea year round... what do you mean what's it cust to insure her and the baby.., you know what a union is? I look at him for a while and then tell him prove it. I come back to 4 attitudy offended ... *how dare I get treated like this* people in line. You know the the ones.., that when you say "I'm sorry I had you waiting as long as I have. I was reporting to a guest call and was not aware how involved it would be! What is it i may do for you? " they look at the back of your computer monitor before making eye contact only while they say the word " I " .... then at many important looking google Internet print off pages before continuing " been waiting for 30 minutes! And here is my confirmation of purchase " .... you know... americans...oh well.. after a few bad things a few more good things happened. But Miley had my bike prettied up and put back together by about 2 hours after I clocked out. I today I cash a check with a coulee extra hours and I took some money and bought Miley a electric cigarette injector tubes and tobacco. Man... I make 792 a month... that dude makes like 320... Always see him working and I work 6 days a week.

So it was nice to help him make his money go farther. But all this and im up on 48 hours awake...motorcycle was together at 36hr? Alabama can cook a burger, the heats off in my home UT irs keeping my beer cold... and even tho it sad these thinfs are true, I had a lot of fun writing this.

Old 10-29-2017, 02:19 AM

Old 10-29-2017, 07:05 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,697,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
You're up early my old cabbage. Forget to do the clocks did you...like me!
Always forgot to reset the clocks, old waterpout, which is why I was always one of those turning up late at the office (to ironic clapping), but now I fill the house with radio clocks, so I don't have that problem.

Now, the problem is Old Scroatiness..I get to bed lade, wake up a few hours earlier for a few hours of post, pipe and coffee, then crash after 6 until I am woken by the doorbell.

"Do you know Jesus?"
"I don't think so. Does he live around here?"

Old 10-29-2017, 07:06 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,697,383 times
Quote:
Your arguments are ... wait there's a word for it.... the attacking of irrelivent parts of the opposing debator because there's nothing in the well.... It was... well if you look up anything about philosophizing, and holding up a point just to warm your feelings is the gist of the definition... ah whatever it was. It's acedemic... you know... not real world (the sun is hot water is wet gravity is a *****) thinking...

here's what mattered to me today - all of the people that were on my list got a job done correctly. I've gotten updates about people that are not my family but are, important to me and the reports were reassuring. A man who was hoarding the best fridge in the building because of its size ( provided he is responsible for getting it moved, and I knew it so, I wanted to do the christ thing and give him a hand with it anyway... when I was done walking carpet rolls outside), he asked my 55 yr old maintance man to do it instead cause you know..... " blah blah my way my time you said so blah" ) long story short my god hating Mike gave it his best but did drop it by accident. It was funny how that guy got pinned. Ya know. Ironic funny. I Mean.. you know .. there's your fridge you wanted. .... this Alabama guest showed off his off the radar( wink) 9mm compact and tells me he's a felon .. and the gun brought this up, but he don't trust the town,. Something about his wife..maybe unfounded... and he was burglerized but some how shot the guy wrong but that was somewhere back then... known that guy a while and this surprised me a little.. a felon? Well you know. Life. Tonight some stressful things because they were bad things happened. Nothing juicy or dramatic. Just simple things in the "who hasn't" category... the only one that's got my attention is I noticed a ... how do I say it cause like.... who are you jokers?.... my boss has ceased to address easy to fix problems in his business which leaves the people only getting what they themselves assume they paid for... Their assumption... and I finalize this ladies... (I dunno 45.. outta state... hubby standing behind her) transaction... it fell apart so badly as I'm giving it too her. She noticed my surprise... asked me "what is it" and I remember my how to do customer service but chewing I got. ... all businesses in our industry have the same 'obstacles' it is my job to protect the payer from such. ... yea I don't agree either but bills , children, wife is looking to move so....yea I need a better place to earn money. Kinda angry that it is actually in the bible that men will do all sorts of evil in name of a job.... really motivating ... like morale super high. . I want to say " we got nothing you wanna give us money for cause our problems tend to last a while. And the boss, he says this us slow season... we need this amount to stay in business. .. part of me thinks so..your business is uncaring and awful... only thing it's got is other workers that try to get the customers the best least harmful f-ed lie we got... crap... this ain't just my job... what if these things come home to my new baby!?... well what would you do? I put out a" Sorry please wait I'll come back .. when I'm done getting a lot of things ready for our many good trusted customers " bs pr sign that ... it's even broken. I left the only sales desk for like i hope 30 minutes. ( bed off what the next costumer said when I came back to do my job)... I went off to my aka cans guest and sat in his corner a while about what he's learn in the 25 more years he's been alive then me... this convo was heard and I got stopped by a guy, and he says "something blah blah my wife thinks you're worth reaching out to. You know I work in this union and there's freee manual, the first month's dues is x.. you used to lay pipe before this? Blah blah something around if you tell me you'll work they way we're looking for...you'll be probing if in a week think about it outsdoor workers get x$ .. yea year round... what do you mean what's it cust to insure her and the baby.., you know what a union is? I look at him for a while and then tell him prove it. I come back to 4 attitudy offended ... *how dare I get treated like this* people in line. You know the the ones.., that when you say "I'm sorry I had you waiting as long as I have. I was reporting to a guest call and was not aware how involved it would be! What is it i may do for you? " they look at the back of your computer monitor before making eye contact only while they say the word " I " .... then at many important looking google Internet print off pages before continuing " been waiting for 30 minutes! And here is my confirmation of purchase " .... you know... americans...oh well.. after a few bad things a few more good things happened. But Miley had my bike prettied up and put back together by about 2 hours after I clocked out. I today I cash a check with a coulee extra hours and I took some money and bought Miley a electric cigarette injector tubes and tobacco. Man... I make 792 a month... that dude makes like 320... Always see him working and I work 6 days a week.

So it was nice to help him make his money go farther. But all this and im up on 48 hours awake...motorcycle was together at 36hr? Alabama can cook a burger, the heats off in my home UT irs keeping my beer cold... and even tho it sad these thinfs are true, I had a lot of fun writing this.
That was a Gish -gallop and no mistake

Old 10-30-2017, 12:55 AM

Quote:

"Do you know Jesus?"
"I don't think so. Does he live around here?"
Lol! Stevenson Street I think.

Old 10-30-2017, 04:39 PM

19,970 posts, read 13,459,195 times
Quote:
That was a Gish -gallop and no mistake
Too incoherent; it gives the term a bad name. Mstelm, are you okay? You shouldn't hit the sauce when you write late at night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism