Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2021, 11:56 AM

521 posts, read 164,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Well, that's a valid point. Do animals know when 'they've done wrong' (broken the house rules) or is it a human delusion? We can look into that if you like but I was for a few years involved in animal - caring and I learned what was animal behaviour and what was human misunderstanding. Dogs have an instinctive position in the pack and that instinct they bring into the house and what position the householder puts them into determines their behaviour and character. When they act in that character and you freak out, they don't understand. They know they've done 'wrong' according to your human moral codes but don't know what because they acted according to their doggy moral (or social) codes.

It's probably true that there are no bad dogs, only bad dog - owners. Human owners interpret a dog staring into their eyes as 'love', because that's human instinctive behaviour, but a dog is looking for eye signals to tell it what it should be doing.

Or at least, that's what I picked up about the subject.

At the moment we are listening to you, and appealing to 'within' as a source of wisdom is appealing to a human faculty most prone to misinterpretation, misperception, misunderstanding and self delusion. Listen, I would would suggest, rather to scientific research.

Scientific research about what? Isn't human faculty - which, as you say is prone to self-delusion - doing the scientific research?

Your study of animal behavior is superficial. Do you think Jane Goodall understands chimps? Do you think you even understand your wife?

I was once told by a farmer that on the day that his cow is to be taken away for slaughter, tears would run down its face. How could the cow know? And it happened all the time with every other cow. Also, a Muslim friend told me that the cows that he was about to slaughter for Ramadan celebration would submit and show no distress after he said the prayers before slitting the animals throats. Think about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2021, 11:57 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,347,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sree251 View Post
What Americans? If we still have real Americans, we wouldn't be in such a mess. And you guess right, I can't make sense of that woke stuff people say on American TV these days.
I'm starting to understand your despair and anguish. And here I thought it was just Eyesore being your hero.

Sad to be you.

Whenever I heard an American talking about real Americans they seem to be speaking about only those Americans who look and think just like themselves.

It's being moral to share your country with your fellow countrymen.

Old 01-31-2021, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
He seems to be all over the place, trying to claim an Eastern mind and, apparently a Western mind. It would be nice if he would clarify. He seems very oppositional.

I appear oppositional because you are stubbornly resistant. My words are crafted to agitate. Focus on the agitation within, the way a samurai stays focused instead of getting distracted by his opponent. If this is real combat, it would take me seconds to dispose of you with my katana.

Zen emphasizes meditation-practice to bring about insight into the nature of mind and the personal expression of this insight in daily life, especially for the benefit of others including atheists.

Old 01-31-2021, 12:28 PM

51,074 posts, read 24,578,993 times
Quote:
I appear oppositional because you are stubbornly resistant. My words are crafted to agitate. Focus on the agitation within, the way a samurai stays focused instead of getting distracted by his opponent. If this is real combat, it would take me seconds to dispose of you with my katana.

Zen emphasizes meditation-practice to bring about insight into the nature of mind and the personal expression of this insight in daily life, especially for the benefit of others including atheists.
Oh, no Japanese.
As I said earlier, it seems as if you are just here to argue from any position.

Old 01-31-2021, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
I'm starting to understand your despair and anguish. And here I thought it was just Eyesore being your hero.

Sad to be you.

Whenever I heard an American talking about real Americans they seem to be speaking about only those Americans who look and think just like themselves.

It's being moral to share your country with your fellow countrymen.

Canada is in worse shape than the US which I thought was bad until I went to Europe. This feeling of inner goodness has even gotten to the Aussies and Kiwis. Looks like western civilization has seen its best days.

This feeling of inner goodness stems from self-hate which is a mutation of the humility taught in Christianity. I can still see, in my mind, my Catholic grandma who would beat on her chest as she said in prayer: "Through my fault, through my fault, through my most grievious fault."

Old 01-31-2021, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Oh, no Japanese.
As I said earlier, it seems as if you are just here to argue from any position.

You've got it wrong. It's from no position.

Old 01-31-2021, 01:17 PM

Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJy9STLb9IU

I hate to go off topic, but I should have thought that the Wokesters would say stuff in favour of these 'Real' Americans.

The native Indians were not the Founding Fathers who became the first Americans. Thereafter, the nation - founded on their Christian morality - grew to include them and practically everybody else who came from all over the planet. And now, the atheists - through intellectual thievery and rebranding of Christian morality - want to establish secular humanism as the new template for restructuring social order in America. How do the religion and spirituality of Native Indians fit in, morally-speaking?

Old 01-31-2021, 01:23 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,347,938 times
Quote:
Canada is in worse shape than the US which I thought was bad until I went to Europe. This feeling of inner goodness has even gotten to the Aussies and Kiwis. Looks like western civilization has seen its best days.

This feeling of inner goodness stems from self-hate which is a mutation of the humility taught in Christianity. I can still see, in my mind, my Catholic grandma who would beat on her chest as she said in prayer: "Through my fault, through my fault, through my most grievious fault."
You have no clue about most things. I would much rather live in Canada then in the US especially the South. New Zealand sounds like a great place to live, maybe even better than Canada

Enjoy your depressing and hateful thoughts. Even those about having to see women knees in Church.

Old 01-31-2021, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Right and wrong is everything to do with man -made social convention (not woman -made as that is only Right, never wrong). Eliminate humans and where would 'right' and 'wrong' be? Also gone.

I don't see what your argument 'correlation is not causation' is intended to show.

Eliminate humans? This would eliminate everything and not just right and wrong.

The framework of your reasoning is based on the assumption that humans are physical objects in the universe like worms in your worm farm. You fail to realize that you are the framer of the reasoning, the maker of the universe, and not the worm in the worm farm.

Old 01-31-2021, 01:32 PM

51,074 posts, read 24,578,993 times
Quote:
You've got it wrong. It's from no position.
We understand. Only you are all seeing and all knowing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism