Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 01:29 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,240,127 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by grace_explosion
Quote:
I see Jesus at the 100% level.
You only believe to see Jesus 100%.
If you believe that Jesus = Christ = God, then only God would understand God.

It already is very difficult for people to understand another human person for a 100% because they are 2 individuals. Because they have experienced different events and interpreted them differently each individual is 'different'.
This is already true for humans, let alone for (human) ideas and philosophies.
Even the French communists interpreted Marx's philosophy in such a way that Marx could not recognise himself and / or his ideas in communism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2008, 01:39 AM

97 posts, read 203,665 times
Hey you,

#1... it was a play on words.

#2... 100% in understanding would produce a 100% conclusion in perceived end result... if we were dealing with a 100% efficacious character in a 100% being... would it not??

It's kinda just plain math... in a way.

God is 100% or He wouldn't be able to hold the title "God". Cause if He wasn't all that... someone else would be... and that someone else would be "God", wouldn't He/She/It... or whatever an atheist or agnostic one would philosophize is in ultimate control??

Even a humanist looks at reality... sees only material and declares man, as the highest being, to be collectively the measure of all things.

Who's in control?? What is?? Weather?? Energy?? Mass?? Man??

Anything??

For a Christian - God is 100%... and for a human being to say God is not 100% enough to be capable of achieving a 100% result... doesn't mean God is less than 100%. It just means that Christian doesn't see or believe God at the level of 100%. They are really just describing how weak their own faith is - and not putting God in their size faith "box"... was what I was saying.

Grace and peace.

"LeeLee"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by grace_explosion You only believe to see Jesus 100%.
Quote:
If you believe that Jesus = Christ = God, then only God would understand God.
It already is very difficult for people to understand another human person for a 100% because they are 2 individuals. Because they have experienced different events and interpreted them differently each individual is 'different'.
This is already true for humans, let alone for (human) ideas and philosophies.
Even the French communists interpreted Marx's philosophy in such a way that Marx could not recognise himself and / or his ideas in communism.

Old 05-14-2008, 01:54 AM

Quote:
It's kinda just plain math... in a way.
Maybe, but even math isn't understood a 100%.
If I'm not mistaken Quantum Mechanics can make logic seem illogical.

Quote:
Even a humanist looks at reality... sees only material and declares man, as the highest being, to be collectively the measure of all things.
True, but a modern humanist would not utter the notion that he understands God, like Christians often do, or at least believe.

People can only understand the Bible a 100% whenever they take it literally and keep ignoring daily reality around them, but this is not the same as understanding God.
Simply because the Bible is not God as my written biography would not be me.
Stories have a beginning, middle and an end, just like life but they do not change. Once something is written down it stays like that.
But life, in order to survive, can change every time it is acquired.
My point is that ideas, once they are written down, do not change.
Unless they are revised.
Like Christianity revised Judaism and the Islam revised Christianity.

Old 05-14-2008, 02:10 AM

97 posts, read 203,665 times
Interesting. Hmmmm. I can only speak from my paradigm. God does not change. His very name means "I AM". He is a Self-Sustaining State of Being who Exists as the Center (the central defining point) of all definition.

He can reveal Himself to whatever degree He wills to reveal Himself. The paradox about Christianity... when striving to attain the 100% level... is to know nothing but Jesus Christ and Him crucified...and "see Jesus" at the level of 100%. To just believe.

It's the opposite of reason according to sight or what exists all around us here. It's having "spiritual sight".

We're opposites. Usually, well, opposites attract.

But on philosophy type things... I am one who is a "peace and love" junkie.

Can you look into the parallel universe of spiritual opposites... and invert and comprehend?? What I mean??

As I cease to exist according to the reason of this world... I step into a spiritual reality in which God is at the 100% level.

Do you believe in miracles? I minister full shekinah glory... like how in the Bible says the glory fills the temple and people cannot stand. It's a tangible manifestation of the unseen... something I would assume (maybe I'm wrong) an atheist would say does not exist. In the full shekinah glory, miracles... are normal. Supernatural from a natural perspective... but normal from the parallel dimension.

Probly makes NO sense to you. GOD is Life. He does not change. What we need to do is be changed into His unchanging Life.

And all I need to do is know nothing according to the reasoning mindof this world... to know everything I need to know from my heart... to know... God's Love... at the level of 100%.

?????

It's how it works... on my side of the portal.

Grace and peace.

LeeLee
Quote:
Originally Posted by grace_explosion Maybe, but even math isn't understood a 100%.
If I'm not mistaken Quantum Mechanics can make logic seem illogical.

True, but a modern humanist would not utter the notion that he understands God, like Christians often do, or at least believe.

People can only understand the Bible a 100% whenever they take it literally and keep ignoring daily reality around them, but this is not the same as understanding God.
Simply because the Bible is not God as my written biography would not be me.
Stories have a beginning, middle and an end, just like life but they do not change. Once something is written down it stays like that.
But life, in order to survive, can change every time it is acquired.
My point is that ideas, once they are written down, do not change.
Unless they are revised.
Like Christianity revised Judaism and the Islam revised Christianity.

Old 05-14-2008, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Probly makes NO sense to you. GOD is Life. He does not change. What we need to do is be changed into His unchanging Life.
Life changes, because life = growth = change.
Only people who refuse to grow try not to change.

Quote:
As I cease to exist according to the reason of this world... I step into a spiritual reality in which God is at the 100% level.
Man is not 100% spiritual, nor is he 100% physical.
The mind is not physical, although the brain is.

Quote:
The paradox about Christianity... when striving to attain the 100% level... is to know nothing but Jesus Christ and Him crucified...and "see Jesus" at the level of 100%.
I agree that faith does not need proof, but this doesn't mean that I believe anything illogical.
Every scientific theory started out as uncertain, thus needed faith to be tested. However, once the scientific theory was proven it became fact, so faith turned into knowledge.
Knowledge does not need require any faith.
So you could say that I do not believe that God=Love, but I know that God=Love.

The difference with (organised) religion and myself is that I don't mind that people do not believe what I know.
Unless people threaten my well-being I don’t care what they believe, as long as they do no harm.

Last edited by Tricky D; 05-14-2008 at 03:14 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 05-14-2008, 04:36 AM

7,999 posts, read 12,282,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grace_explosion View Post

if you just tried harder....that you could become a believer just like them.

it's all about "free will"...and you haven't so chosen

Brace yourselves:

First off, June absoltely believes that human beings possess a "spiritual" aspect to their human nature. (Yes, yes, I know...An atheist believes that?) --Yes, I do. I see it almost every day. That being said, however:

I can absolutely, positively assure you that it has nothing to do with June "trying harder." Trust me: If it truly came down to June's trying, she'd be there by now. She'd be shouting her belief in God from the mountain tops. (Or, more than likely, speaking it softly in her understated June way...) June is fully aware of the fact that she possesses free will. June makes choices that impact both herself and others. June can honestly tell you that she has been open to, and tried, and tried, and tried, but it does NOT come down to her making a conscious choice. June cannot "force" herself, either by will or intentional choice, to believe in God. I'm sorry, but June just can't...

--And yet, June can absolutely acknowledge the fact that human beings possess a spiritual aspect to their natures. We all ask ourselves, at one point or another, what the meaning of life is, how we got here, and whether or not there is anything after death. Or we think about, experience, and ponder the true meaning and reality of love. However, despite all that pondering, questioning, wondering, hoping, longing, and questioning, questioning, questioning again, June just isn't fathoming the "god" part. Most of all, if she did, how in the world would she know that any spiritual inclinations that she might have = Jesus Christ/God?

How would that be a "known?" What defines "longing?"

--And if anyone can truly, effectively answer that one for dear old June, then she'd be more than happy to climb to the top of that mountain with you!

...Because in part, June fully suspects that way up there, above the mountain tops, the geese fly effortlessly, knowing what June does not:

The connection between the music, and the band...

Take gentle care.

Old 05-14-2008, 02:50 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,176,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grace_explosion View Post
Even a humanist looks at reality... sees only material and declares man, as the highest being
Incorrect..

We're animals just like the rest.

It is indeed the religious who declare humans to be the highest beings (on Earth).

Old 05-14-2008, 04:11 PM

553 posts, read 568,857 times
I used to believe n great part because I was socialized into it. Hell, I grew up in one of more saturated areas of the world in regards to the Christian faith - the Caribbean. Clearly 400 years of slavery let a mark.

Anyway I believed because from youth, I was basically handed a set of beliefs and told they were completely true, no questions asked. But then I grew up, became more curious, moved out of my little sheltered environment and stopped being afraid to actually readthings from the other side of the fence. Never knew there was a whole other world out there.

In short, saw the so-called evidence Christianity claims it has and saw nothing worth a second glance. I mean, when you have a writer like the one who wrote the book of Matthew making up crap, claiming fulfilled prophecies when they were not and spouting foolishness about some guy coming back 2,000 years ago who never showed up as scheduled, I have NO idea why I should believe the rest of the story.

Old 05-14-2008, 04:45 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,631,496 times
June wrote:
Quote:
First off, June absoltely believes that human beings possess a "spiritual" aspect to their human nature.
Oh stop, you're scaring me! Please don't tell me that you're going to start speaking in tongues!

Old 05-14-2008, 04:59 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,263,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Most atheists were raised in religious families. I was myself.

It has nothing to do with not trying to believe in something. It's about a lack of evidence. There are even Christians who will admit that.
There is tremendous pressure in colleges today to question religion, and since there is no hard proof for it, many college students go in religious and come out athiest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism