Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2021, 09:57 PM

20,761 posts, read 8,606,055 times

Advertisements

I've recently discovered Sadhguru's youtube channel. There is an official one but also a couple of others to whom he's given permission to post video and audio of his talks and seminars. He is a spiritual teacher for a modern age, gives common sense advice.

I don't know much about his background but clearly he is formally educated. He gave a TED talk in India in 2009 describing how he started his spiritual journey and how he would like everyone to come together to help the planet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyPTXHym2ko
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2021, 08:49 AM

15,881 posts, read 6,349,256 times
He lost perception of time. There are explanations besides the mystical for that.

"All experiences are created within"....to a certain extent I can agree with that.

"I realized I could change myself beyond social upbringing in 24 hours"...that's making good time but I agree on much of what makes us who we are just ends up being programming. We can change that. I've found it very difficult at times to change it so if he's imagining his brain rewiring in 24 hours I'm very skeptical. Although, drugs seem to have efficacy on snapping people out of certain thinking patterns so maybe it's possible.

He's saying the same thing lots of other people are saying. Some of them are in the name of the mystical and some are not.

I do like how he focuses on the message he is trying to convey and not trying to sell a particular means of attaining it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism