Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2022, 11:51 AM

16,768 posts, read 4,971,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
It has been explained. This stuff about asking for explanation for what was already explained more than adequately seems the lamest ploy employed 3 atheists when they are completely stumped.
No, your explanations are fallacies. Pretending you have answered is the lame ploy.

Quote:
This is your thread. Do a search of all my posts and look for my posts on why Atheism lacks logic.
And my responses showing the fallacies you use.

Example here, with logic why gods are not required.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/63568247-post35.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2022, 11:55 AM

16,768 posts, read 4,971,895 times
Quote:
Most laws passed through political process have their origin in religious texts , mostly the Bible in the US.
No, the Bible is usually avoided, for obvious reasons. Many of your laws and principles come from secular philosophy going back to the ancient Greeks.

Quote:
You think people of religion alone should be disallowed from participating in our political process?
No, they should keep their religion out of the process. No one is arguing people of religion should be disallowed from participating in any political process.

Quote:
You do realize Atheism is counted as religion.
Only for the sake of equal rights.

Old 06-20-2022, 11:56 AM

50,770 posts, read 24,277,952 times
Quote:
It has been explained. This stuff about asking for explanation for what was already explained more than adequately seems the lamest ploy employed 3 atheists when they are completely stumped.

This is your thread. Do a search of all my posts and look for my posts on why Atheism lacks logic.
Frankly, your bitterness about religion and lack thereof makes your posts of little value. If I want to learn something about religion, I'll look for a religious poster who is more balanced.

Old 06-20-2022, 11:59 AM

Quote:
You cannot control what anyone wants. Especially when you want to control what believers should or should not want. This cannot be more comical.

Freedom of religion just means freedom to practice one'e religion and expression which may include teaching others what their religion says.
Another dishonest post. I am talking about no one should control anyone's religion. If they want to be catholic, let them be catholic. But don't let the catholics decide what the laws of the nation are. If they want to be Mormon, let them be Mormon. Even hindu. And even atheist.

There's a difference between teaching someone who wants to learn something, and forcing it down someone's throat. You don't know the difference.

There are over 20 churches in my community and most have electronic billboards out front advertising their 'welcomeness'. People are intelligent enough to walk in...if they want to.

Old 06-20-2022, 12:01 PM

15,952 posts, read 7,015,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Frankly, your bitterness about religion and lack thereof makes your posts of little value. If I want to learn something about religion, I'll look for a religious poster who is more balanced.
i am not here to teach you anything, of value or not. funny that you think that.

Old 06-20-2022, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
No, your explanations are fallacies. Pretending you have answered is the lame ploy.

And my responses showing the fallacies you use.

Example here, with logic why gods are not required.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/63568247-post35.html
Post your rebuttal in response to my post here. There is no fallacy, only lack of logic in atheism.

Old 06-20-2022, 12:02 PM

Quote:
i am not here to teach you anything, of value or not. funny that you think that.
well, you're certainly succeeding.

Old 06-20-2022, 12:08 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,321,091 times
Quote:

No the only thing that has been proven is that you neither understand nor care to understand what atheism actually is. So all you have suceeded in doing is concocting up a new meaning for atheism and find that illogical. What stumps us is when a supposed ly intelligent broad minded person is so bigoted in one aspect of a subject thst she needs to be dishonest and mean spirited to support her bigotry. And I hate having to use those words but none are more accurate.

Atheism does not mean anti religion or anti God. It means without God same as assexual means without sex. I believe the a at the front ofva word like atheist comes from Greek, Harry can correct me if I am wrong.

Germany does not have an army, atheism means anti religion and you have proven atheism lacks logic: are there any other falsehoods you have posted?

Old 06-20-2022, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heron31 View Post
It's remarkable you can see at all through those dark religious glasses. By the way, ALL laws were passed through political process. That's why they call our Congress people "lawmakers."

Sure, if they keep their religion out of it. There is this fundamental principle of this country referred to as the separation of church and state....

In Everson v. Board of Education (1947), Justice Hugo Black wrote: "In the words of Thomas Jefferson, the clause against establishment of religion by law [the First Amendment] was intended to erect a wall of separation between church and state."
So how do you plan, constitutionally, to keep religious people, priests, and clergy, and teachers of religion from voting?
The "lawmakers" laws were inspired by biblical practices. That is different from "Congress people" passing laws.

Old 06-20-2022, 03:59 PM

Quote:
So how do you plan, constitutionally, to keep religious people, priests, and clergy, and teachers of religion from voting?
The "lawmakers" laws were inspired by biblical practices. That is different from "Congress people" passing laws.
He's not saying that.

I think he's saying that it's wrong for a priest (for example) to tell parishioners who they are not allowed to vote for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism