Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2022, 09:22 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
I do not think they willfully ignore the issues, they simply do not think about them. They have an idea of who they are in their head, and this idea has eyes and hands because people have eyes and hands. So when they think of this image of themselves outside of their body as a spirit, that too has eyes and hands.

And if they believe in souls, they have no reason to question themselves, because it is something they 'know' to be true.
The truth you seem oblivious to is that our "experience" of possessing the eyes, hands, and feet is entirely interpretations by our Spirit (consciousness) as is the whole of what we consider our Reality. Since it actually emanates from what has become our Spirit, it will remain with our Spirit when we are no longer tethered to this physical "production factory" (spiritual womb).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2022, 09:33 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,867,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The truth you seem oblivious to is that our "experience" of possessing the eyes, hands, and feet is entirely interpretations by our Spirit (consciousness) as is the whole of what we consider our Reality. Since it actually emanates from what has become our Spirit, it will remain with our Spirit when we are no longer tethered to this physical "production factory" (spiritual womb).
So can the spirit or consciousness manifest itself in other interpretations. Can we will our spirit to interpret ourselves as a Reptile for example? Or is our spirit limited to whatever it is forced to interpret at any given time such as our human lifetime?

Old 08-15-2022, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
So can the spirit or consciousness manifest itself in other interpretations. Can we will our spirit to interpret ourselves as a Reptile for example? Or is our spirit limited to whatever it is forced to interpret at any given time such as our human lifetime?
It is NOT determined by our Spirit. We could never function or comprehend what is actually there so our brain produces a "user interface" using the inputs from our sensory system to enable us to function within what is presented as a physical Reality while our Spirits develop and mature. What is actually there is God's Consciousness Field (spacetime field).

Old 08-15-2022, 11:42 PM

16,768 posts, read 4,971,895 times
Quote:
The truth you seem oblivious to ...
(where is the yawning smiley when it is needed?)

Quote:
... is that our "experience" of possessing the eyes, hands, and feet is entirely interpretations by our Spirit (consciousness) as is the whole of what we consider our Reality.
The truth you seem oblivious to is that your 'truth' is nothing other than your arrogant opinion.

Quote:
Since it actually emanates from what has become our Spirit, it will remain with our Spirit when we are no longer tethered to this physical "production factory" (spiritual womb).
As I said, you can not explain how spiritual hands and eyes would work, presuming our consciousness, sorry, Spirit (with a capital S) , even survives death.

Old 08-16-2022, 06:43 AM

19,970 posts, read 13,459,195 times
Quote:
You are mistaken primarily because the kind of energy you are comprised of (your actual Self) is part of the 95+% of energy in the universe that is NOT directly measurable by science. We cannot track it to know if it dissipates or not. However, it is unlikely that it does. It is part of what is expanding our universe.
Yes I know, energy that is conveniently invisible, unmeasurable and undetectable yet despite this you somehow KNOW that it is 95% of what you or I are. It is a variation on a god of the gaps argument.

Old 08-16-2022, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
(where is the yawning smiley when it is needed?)
The truth you seem oblivious to is that your 'truth' is nothing other than your arrogant opinion.
Not true. It is the result of my personal experiences as well as my arrogant opinion!
Quote:
As I said, you can not explain how spiritual hands and eyes would work, presuming our consciousness, sorry, Spirit (with a capital S) , even survives death.
Once we are "born again: as Spirit and no longer in the womb, we will not need any user interface. We will experience Reality directly (spiritually as a Spirit). I expect we will retain our self-image based on our learned configuration but based on what our ACTUAL character has BECOME (think Shallow Hal).

Old 08-16-2022, 04:21 PM

Quote:
It is NOT determined by our Spirit. We could never function or comprehend what is actually there so our brain produces a "user interface" using the inputs from our sensory system to enable us to function within what is presented as a physical Reality while our Spirits develop and mature. What is actually there is God's Consciousness Field (spacetime field).
So do you believe in reincarnation? When this life is over does the spirit populate something else. Does it go to this consciousness field HQ as example and reassigned to another lifeform learning new lessons and making new connections - basically an ongoing journey of spiritual discovery?

Also, I see you mentioned about your personal experiences as shaping your belief in this. I am fairly new to these threads in this section, but could you elaborate a bit about your personal experiences. I am curious. That is of course up to you, but I think if you personalize this it is would be easier to relate to your messaging.

Old 08-17-2022, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
So do you believe in reincarnation? When this life is over does the spirit populate something else. Does it go to this consciousness field HQ as example and reassigned to another lifeform learning new lessons and making new connections - basically an ongoing journey of spiritual discovery?
I am not a fan of reincarnation because I find a physical body and existence tedious and frustrating. However, I do believe that we face some kind of "refinement" after this existence because virtually none of us can achieve the perfection of Spirit that Jesus did. I believe the refinement will occur in the spiritual realm in what is referred to as the lake of fire. But it is conceivable that might involve "re-seeding" our Spirit in another vessel. I hope not!!!
Quote:
Also, I see you mentioned about your personal experiences as shaping your belief in this. I am fairly new to these threads in this section, but could you elaborate a bit about your personal experiences. I am curious. That is of course up to you, but I think if you personalize this it is would be easier to relate to your messaging.
I have done this so many times within the forum and in my blogs that I question its efficacy. I was an atheist for over 30+ years. In deep meditation, I encountered a consciousness that was NOT mine which completely consumed my consciousness and an uncountable multitude of others in a Oneness that is verbally indescribable but unmistakable. It completely eliminated my atheism instantly and provoked multiple decades-long efforts to explain to my intellect how it could be possible.

I pursued science rigorously and what I call the spiritual fossil record of speculations about God and discovered that the descriptions, revelations, and demonstration of God's Holy Spirit on the Cross by Jesus Christ in the Bible narrative exactly matched the consciousness that I encountered. I used the "mind of Christ" as my source of truth as I reinterpreted the Bible narratives in light of God's True Nature as revealed by Christ.

Old 08-17-2022, 02:26 PM

Quote:
I am not a fan of reincarnation because I find a physical body and existence tedious and frustrating. However, I do believe that we face some kind of "refinement" after this existence because virtually none of us can achieve the perfection of Spirit that Jesus did. I believe the refinement will occur in the spiritual realm in what is referred to as the lake of fire. But it is conceivable that might involve "re-seeding" our Spirit in another vessel. I hope not!!! I have done this so many times within the forum and in my blogs that I question its efficacy. I was an atheist for over 30+ years. In deep meditation, I encountered a consciousness that was NOT mine which completely consumed my consciousness and an uncountable multitude of others in a Oneness that is verbally indescribable but unmistakable. It completely eliminated my atheism instantly and provoked multiple decades-long efforts to explain to my intellect how it could be possible.

I pursued science rigorously and what I call the spiritual fossil record of speculations about God and discovered that the descriptions, revelations, and demonstration of God's Holy Spirit on the Cross by Jesus Christ in the Bible narrative exactly matched the consciousness that I encountered. I used the "mind of Christ" as my source of truth as I reinterpreted the Bible narratives in light of God's True Nature as revealed by Christ.
Thank you for going through this again for my benefit. I wanted to see where you were coming from. I too experienced something incredibly powerful that it has left an imprint on me that will always be there. It is hard to put into words, but for those few hours, I was in a state whereby I felt such incredible love and connection to the universe. I don't know who the presence was but its power was consuming and beautiful.

Every one of us has a story who went through a life changing event so again - thanks for providing yours!

For me, I'm still on the fence but who knows what is in store and if i'll have another spiritual journey that will put me on the other side.

In the meantime, I appreciate the input from everyone in this part of C/D. Most individuals in here, who are on both sides and in the middle, are good people being honest with how they think and feel.

Old 08-17-2022, 06:22 PM

895 posts, read 475,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Yes I know, energy that is conveniently invisible, unmeasurable and undetectable yet despite this you somehow KNOW that it is 95% of what you or I are. It is a variation on a god of the gaps argument.
The gaps are slowly being reduced on the Planck scale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism