Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2023, 01:32 PM

10,529 posts, read 6,160,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Flats?

I've got to be running along now. No more time to play, but before I sign off I'd like to ask where you are from. That term "flats" is not one used around where I'm from...

Good for you if you are getting a decent ROI regardless the I. We've got some decent equity gained over the years in our home, but I don't include that in our portfolio of investments, since we're not planning to sell our home. Whatever the value might be when we die, for our kids perhaps. (Though it's always good to know there is value there too in the event we are forced to sell before we die for any reason).

Either way, diversification is always a good hedge against downturns regardless the I. Just saying.

Seems these comments might be suited for another thread I started some time ago for just such occasions...

The Off-Topic Thread

https://www.city-data.com/forum/reli...ic-thread.html

Flats is the widely used UK expression for apartments LM, though the word apartment has started being used here and there. Transponder is in South Wales according to his location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2023, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Missed yo'all. especially the trounce - training where i have to take a turn round the garden counting to ten several times, and return to the screen. "....Right....now, for umptieth time; atheism is not a belief -system..."

Hey Arq. Good to have you back.

Old 09-28-2023, 04:06 PM

15,853 posts, read 6,311,569 times
Quote:
Missed yo'all. especially the trounce - training where i have to take a turn round the garden counting to ten several times, and return to the screen. "....Right....now, for umptieth time; atheism is not a belief -system..."
Hey Arq, I made an entire worldview using song lyrics. Ask me anything.

Old 09-28-2023, 05:57 PM

50,087 posts, read 20,697,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Hey Arq. Good to have you back.
My Lady. Good to be back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Hey Arq, I made an entire worldview using song lyrics. Ask me anything.

Hi. How do I get back on topic?

Old 09-28-2023, 06:07 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,909,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
LOL, I suppose if you're going to "what if" stuff, that would be a good what if. What if it were the other way around and you ended up being one of those 72 man virgins for a woman? See how that works? Now that is a nice "I hope the hell that happens" thing for me to dream about.

NS, I cannot rep you again to leave a private comment. Michael Way mentioned that you used to be known by another name circa 2009 with the initials I. W. Is that you?

Old 09-28-2023, 06:22 PM

15,853 posts, read 6,311,569 times
Quote:
My Lady. Good to be back.

Hi. How do I get back on topic?
"Take me back to the start" -Coldplay, The Scientist.

Old 09-28-2023, 07:16 PM

88,525 posts, read 84,719,546 times
You never know who is gonna show up at these things!

Old 09-28-2023, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Don't bother to get up on my account. Since you ask (and Hi Learnme, ol' pal). I had mentioned once or twice that I wanted a more public - open forum to get my pet theory and opinions out, since Crypto failed to make me a fortune and my Disney shares aren't looking too great. But the Forum I'm still on is rather light on hits, it seems. Also I had a kind DM asking after me and suggesting I stop hiding like a pacifist vole and get my butt back over here. No names but thanks to her, and as I got a helping push out, she gave me a push back in.

Anything more to say about lost loved ones? Only maybe my Theory of the atheist afterlife. While I reckon after we die we rejoin the stream (as Taoism has it) whether that's cosmic consciousness or just stardust atoms, if there is an afterlife, I am willing to bet that no one religion has the ticket concession. No god judges us and no creed or lack of one excludes anybody. Thus, if one is going to believe in an afterlife, choose the atheist (or irreligious) one. If your religion turns out isn't the right one, it isn't particularly the wrong one, either.

When you say 'I wanted a more public open forum to get my pet theory and opinions out' do you mean you want to share your research etc. I seem to remember you were working on a book?

Couldn't you just start your own personal thread and add your ideas as and when?
eg

Hannibal Flavius started a thread about DaVinci's Serpents a while back. Of the 421 posts in the thread, 408 are Hannibals.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/reli...-serpents.html

I don't see why you couldn't have your own thread.

Old 09-29-2023, 08:15 AM

29,540 posts, read 9,704,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
When you say 'I wanted a more public open forum to get my pet theory and opinions out' do you mean you want to share your research etc. I seem to remember you were working on a book?

Couldn't you just start your own personal thread and add your ideas as and when?
eg

Hannibal Flavius started a thread about DaVinci's Serpents a while back. Of the 421 posts in the thread, 408 are Hannibals.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/reli...-serpents.html

I don't see why you couldn't have your own thread.
408 of 421 is a bit like talking to one's self, is it not? I'm not sure that's what TRANS is interested in doing. I know I wouldn't be...

Old 09-29-2023, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
408 of 421 is a bit like talking to one's self, is it not? I'm not sure that's what TRANS is interested in doing. I know I wouldn't be...
Yes I just meant in the sense that it's one persons idea coralled into one thread and the mods don't seem to object to that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism