Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 10:45 PM

838 posts, read 1,212,160 times

Advertisements

Every atheist that I know seems to be mad at the world for not understanding them or full accepting their disbelief in God. Why are atheists such bitter people and always trying to force people not to believe in God? I just don't get it. It's like they are mad at God...and they turn against the world and God...and are just...well..miserable. Feel free to disagree.

Last edited by page3000; 08-28-2008 at 11:01 PM..

Old 08-28-2008, 11:00 PM

1,055 posts, read 4,117,979 times
I hope your post is in satire or just trolling cause you got it backwards, lol.

I'm not miserable actually a damn site happier than many "religious" people I know. That and couldn't care less what people thought of my disbelief in god. At least I don't go door to door bugging people about it or start wars over it or anything like that, heh.

Old 08-28-2008, 11:04 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,237,991 times
Originally Posted by page3000
Quote:
Why are atheists such bitter people and always trying to force people not to believe in God?
Because Christians generally tell atheists that they're going to hell without even actually knowing these people.
Atheists are only being judged by the cover and not the fruit of their labour.

And if you think about it is pretty arrogant of Christians to do this.
I mean even I would get mad eventually when people only think of me as a dumb jock because of my perfect physique.
I can't help it that God blessed me with a beautiful body.
And a sharp mind.
Plus an incredible sense of humour.

I resent it when people just hold it against me that God created me close to perfection.

Old 08-29-2008, 05:37 AM

428 posts, read 1,631,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by page3000 View Post
Every atheist that I know seems to be mad at the world for not understanding them or full accepting their disbelief in God. Why are atheists such bitter people and always trying to force people not to believe in God? I just don't get it. It's like they are mad at God...and they turn against the world and God...and are just...well..miserable. Feel free to disagree.
I disagree. Maybe the atheists you know are reacting to something--other people proselytizing to them?

Old 08-29-2008, 05:47 AM

306 posts, read 1,162,113 times
Quote:
That is a pretty sweeping generalization.

Old 08-29-2008, 05:58 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,628,860 times
That's not how I see it at all. There are a few atheists who occasionally sound sick and tired of being preached to all the time but I think there's some pretty bright and successful atheists on this forum who don't seem miserable at all. I could also point out that I've seen my share of miserable sounding religious people who feel they have lot their way and are trying to get back in the good graces of God. Everyone is unique and I think that we see a pretty good cross section of society on this forum and it's not at all accurate to lump all of one group into any one category. There are happy and successful Christians and atheists as well as troubled and confused Christians and atheists. Life isn't really that simple.

Old 08-29-2008, 06:43 AM

1,088 posts, read 2,196,812 times
My friends (who are Christians by the way) generally refer to me as "Sickeningly Optimistic". I think if you told one of them I'm bitter they'd laugh in your face. lol

Life's short, and we only get one. There's no use spending it mad and miserable. That said, I don't think there's anything wrong with asking to be treated fairly and not discriminated against for our nonbelief. You can only listen to the Turn or Burn spiels so many times before it just starts to get on your nerves, no matter how happy and cheerful you are. It's not that we're mad or fear hell, its that we want to be left alone to live our lives like everyone else. Or at least, that's what I want - its not exactly fair of me to speak for all atheists. Big brushes make for messy pictures, after all.

Old 08-29-2008, 06:46 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,142,139 times
Quote:
Just sounds like the particular atheists you know are no fun to be around. I'd just get some new friends.

Old 08-29-2008, 07:46 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,516,611 times
Quote:
Boy, you must be comparing all Atheists to one old sourpuss I suggest you get to know some of the Atheists here on this board..As far as forcing their nonbeliefs on other people..have you visited the Christianity sub or the parent forum here..Why would they be mad at God..they don't believe he exists..

Old 08-29-2008, 08:10 AM

2,008 posts, read 3,328,192 times
Quote:
Well hell, everyone's miserable now-a-day

In my experience here most Atheists are pretty laid back.

I guess it depends on who you hang out with. There are of course those Atheists who don't even have their drivers license yet and don't like god because some religious person told them they are going to hell for looking at a playboy...

But to be honest, and not to sound harsh, rude or miserable ... I think this is a bit of a blanket statement... but if you want to talk about forcing beliefs....

well I think just about everyone can see where I am going with that one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism