Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 01:35 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,302,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
No, I don't really KNOW. I don't really KNOW there is no Easter Bunny either; it might be hiding somewhere in Kyrgyzstan. My point is that rationality tells me that it is extremely improbable. The idea that people do whatever the voices in their heads tell them to do is frightening.
If you don't know, well, I was not asking you the question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 04:53 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,502,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
ha ha ha good one. i dont have a thesis, he just did it. he talked i listened.
If God really talks to you, ask him how many fingers I'm holding up.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:49 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,396,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
If God really talks to you, ask him how many fingers I'm holding up.
You do realize that holding up one finger like that could get you a possible BAN !!!

Old 04-20-2009, 06:51 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,502,064 times
Dang, you guys are GOOD!

Old 04-20-2009, 08:35 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,552,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
I see once again that your ignorance is just screaming that you really need to stop judging people by their belief.

I do read more than my bible and I never pressed my belief on you or any one who is against what I belief. If you think so, then post anything that I posted that proves your claim.

I call you ignorant because of the way that you view people and what they believe. I never condemned you for being an atheists or never said anything hateful towards that.

You are just full of it and need to take some social skills class. You are very limited in your thinking.

Everyone has the right to respect and you show very low means of knowing how to show that. Even though you show such low tolerance of others who are different from you, I'm not going to let that bother me.

Sometimes you have to over look ignorant people.

Learn to get along with other people and stop judging. You seem to have had a bad experience with someone who was christian.

Yes, I believe in the bible, but that has nothing to do with you and is none of your business.
Speaking of ignorant people....YOU. You continue to post YOUR beliefs in the A&A forum, expecting them to go unchallenged because they come from you. You will tolerate no difference of outlook because you consider yourself to be so holy, a direct vessel of your "god". You respect no view other than your own and continue in your bigoted, vile way to try to force it on others. All the while claiming that that is not what you are doing.

You just can't take a hint. You are going to sway no one here who can think on their own (something that you apparantly cannot do).

To Quote you, learn to stop judging others by your standards. After all, it goes against your own bible to judge others, yet you constantly do so. Guess what that makes you?

Old 04-20-2009, 09:47 AM

4,904 posts, read 6,014,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
belief in god is not a form of mental illness but feeling compelled to spend hours on a public forum attacking and ridiculing those that do, could very well be motivated by some sort of undiscussed personal issue.
People would think someone who talks to their invisible friend Bob the plumber is mentally unstable, yet you can no more prove the existence of Bob the plumber than you can god. There is no difference between someone talking to their invisible friend Bob the plumber and someone talking to their invisible friend Yahweh.

Old 04-20-2009, 09:56 AM

1,788 posts, read 4,754,059 times
"Talking to god" posts shouldn't even be in the A&A forum.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:22 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,302,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
Speaking of ignorant people....YOU. You continue to post YOUR beliefs in the A&A forum, expecting them to go unchallenged because they come from you. You will tolerate no difference of outlook because you consider yourself to be so holy, a direct vessel of your "god". You respect no view other than your own and continue in your bigoted, vile way to try to force it on others. All the while claiming that that is not what you are doing.

You just can't take a hint. You are going to sway no one here who can think on their own (something that you apparantly cannot do).

To Quote you, learn to stop judging others by your standards. After all, it goes against your own bible to judge others, yet you constantly do so. Guess what that makes you?
Once again you are very out there, I only post where the person is asking questions about God, this thread is asking about God, if you have a problem then don't read the post.

Once again I asked you to go a post any of my post where I was condemning, saying that I was holier, claiming that my way was the right way, me saying that I would not tolerate any other opinion.

You haven't provided because none of my post say anything about that. Only you that seem to have a problem.

Who am I judging, also provide the post where I am judging, once again you want find any.

Quote:
You will tolerate no difference of outlook because you consider yourself to be so holy,
There is nothing in my post that say anything like this, but only from your sayng so.

Quote:
way to try to force it on others
There is nothing that I'm forcing, just giving my opinion on the OP question, you seem to have this problem with my opinion of who I think that God is, because I never pushed what I believed on you or anyone, or never tried to make someone believe. You really need to get a life.

Quote:
All the while claiming that that is not what you are doing.
I'm claiming to do what I'm doing, but your claim is coming without proof and hot air.

So, what if I post my opinion in this forum, if the person ask a question about God then I will post my opinion.

Quote:
To Quote you, learn to stop judging others by your standards. After all, it goes against your own bible to judge others, yet you constantly do so. Guess what that makes you
I never judge anyone from this forum, only you because you are an idiot in the way that you talk. Oh, and don't give me that oh she is judging me because I'm an atheists, no, it's because you seem to have a problem with someones opinion who thinks differently from you.

Since I'll wait for you to back your lie up, I will post the things that I posted in this forum.

Quote:
Who do you think that God is, the question from the OP
Yahweh, our creator. The OP didn't say that they didn't want a Christian or someone from another opinion to answer and they didn't seem to have a problem, so what is your problem, because I believe in God and you don't. So, what that is my opinion and has nothing to do with you.

There is not judging or pushing my belief in this question, simply my answer to the OP's question.

Quote:
God talking to people
Once again the OP is talking about God and wanting opinion of other and didn't just say atheists and no Christians.

Here is my answer, and there is nothing here that is judging, pushing my belief or saying that I better than anyone else.

I think it is a wonderful thing to hear from God because He does speak to His people.

Quote:
These are perfectly sane people
So, if these are perfectly sane people, do you think that they are hearing from God and if not, why?

This is just my opinion, perfectly sane people who hear from God don't walk around and talk to themself or listen for a voice out of the clouds. They just listen for God's voice through the Holy Spirit.

My answer
So, my question is do you think that perfectly sane people are hearing from God, and if not, what proof do you have that they are not hearing from God?

Can you disprove that they are not hearing God's voice?

The only thing that I have ever heard from someone that does not believe in God is, if someone has heard from God then they are insane, hallucinating, hearing voices, but there are perfectly sane people. Don't get me wrond there are some that are crazy and do hear voices.

So, my question is when someone does hear from God, how do you know that they are not, just because you never heard or have you heard God's voice? Just a question!

Here is another answer to this same forum.

So, can you say that you know that they are not hearing from God and how do you know?

Know one expects you to believe anything that you don't want to believe, but you don't really know if they are hearing from God or not.

There is nothing in my answer that is judging, pushing, me saying that I better, just my opinion of the question that was presented to me.

And then another conversation with you, negative as always

Quote:
Reverse the question for yourself; how can you say that they are hearing from god? How do you know? Belief, or faith, is all well and good but not as a fact.

BTW, from your current and past posts, you do want others to believe what they don't want to believe, or you would not constantly be trying to convince everyone that you are right and they are wrong.
HOw can I know, because I have heard God's voice for myself.

From my current and past post if you are talking about the conversation that I had with you I never put anything in my post to try to convince you of anything other than that you believe.

Your answer
Quote:
or you would not constantly be trying to convince everyone that you are right and they are wrong
I don't try to convince others to believe in anything, I just asked a question to the person. Just like the past post and conversation that I had with you are once again making assumptions.

There is nothing in my post that is saying anything that I trying to convince anyone of. People have the right to believe or not believe, but you for some reason everyone conversation that I have with you is full of nothing but assumptions.

I only asked the person did she know for sure that the person was not hearing from God. And you took my question and assume that I am trying to convert or convince someone of something.

If the person was to just say well I think that I know but don't believe, then hey that is their right to say or believe.

You should really stop with the assumptions.

Your answer again
Quote:
you do want others to believe what they don't want to believe
There is nothing in my past post or this post that says anything about me wanting an unbeliever to believe or believe in what I believe. I take it that you are talking about unbelievers.

The only arguement that I have with that issue or subject is that both parties can get along. If someone does not believe in God then that is fine, but who are they to say that someone is not hearing from God? I can't say that somone is hearing from God or not, but I can say if I hear from God.

Once again saying something that I didn't say
Quote:
that you are right and they are wrong.
If you go through all the past that I had with you, you want find me saying anything about me being right and they are wrong. I have the right to believe in what I believe and the other person has the right to believe in what they believe.

Assumption, assumptions, you really don't know how to read someones post without twisting what you think the person is saying, than just reading the post.

THere is nothing in my post that said of anything you are claiming.

Oh, but lets just see your responce,

Not an assumption when repeated history of posts show it to be true. You really out to learn to read something other than your bible...it is failing you.

BTW, you, having heard from god explains a lot, like the vacancy at the looney bin.

YOu say that I judging, which I'm not, but your responce is very judgmental.

So, you seem to have a problem with me, and I never had a problem with you, I'm just tired of going back and forth with someone that has a problem with respecting other peoples views that are different from them.

Quote:
Christians don't like hearing logic do they?

Once again here is my answer to the OP

WEll, you say that Christian don't like to hear logic, but most would say it is the other way around.

If your Atheist then that is your decision and should be respected, and if someone is Christian then that is their decision and should also be respected.

The problem comes in when people see others that are not like them and the words start flying. I'm Christian and I could care less about Atheist values or beliefs. That is their choice and we all have the right to choose what we want to choose. It is really that simple.

I think that it is alright to ask somene why they believe in something, but they should still respect the persons values.

The problem that I see when it comes down to Christian, Atheist and other religions, is Atheist don't believe in God which is fine, but for some reason some have the audacity to say that other who believe in God is crazy, or it is the other way around.

WE live in a world were there is some many beliefs and other things, so we need to learn to live with one another and stay out of other peoples business.

Then you start talking about Hell, Christian condemning atheists to hell, and I think that I better nonsence and so on. So, who is really judging. I never said anything about hell, judging, pushing my belief, so you made that up.

Your answer
Quote:
First, I do not care what your beliefs are as they have zero effect on me. If I bother to think of it at all, it merely reinforces to me the belief that christians are sadly misled and mistaken.

As for posting in the atheist forum, why do chrisians feel that they have to right to do so with impunity and the expectation not to be called on their religious statements? Isn't that what the christian forum is for (personally I have never gone there out of respect for those who frequent it)?

The audicity comment that you made, think about it as you presented it. You are giving your religious permission to think differently. Isn't it audcious to in effect state that you are right and superior enough to allow dissention?

Once again, typical religious tactics to attempt to seem so benevolent wile dictating what others may believe. If you really felt that way, why comment at all?

Quote:
My, my. Your "open mindednes" really seems to be shaken here. As long as yuo can attack a different set of beliefs by saying that maybe some christians could be incorrect, you seem to think that you can claim to be open minded. Not quite. If you were, you would not have to continue to express your own version of "open mindedness". In fact, you are judging that which you cannot conceive to be valid. I never said, as you would claim, that belief in your god is wrong. Merely to my way thinking, misled. Yet you continue to come here to try and convince others of your own saintlyness by appearing to try to be reasonable. You are not. You put forth what you decide others mean and then try to claim "christian" understanding.

Perhaps you should just stay with the christian forum, where others will not dispute your religious arguements and let you keep that warm, fuzzy feeling. You should really get some help in comprehending what is said instead of what you decide is said. As for "crazy", that is your word not mine.
Quote:
It must be an awful burden to be omnipotent, or at least consider yourself to be so. To know the intent of others, their rationale and perception of you, without their comment to back you up. Only your own opinion of what they are thinking.

No wonder you are here and not in the christian conversations: You think yourself to be god.

I think it is kind of funny when one of these "reasonable" religious type comes in here to tell everyone that they are so reasonable and then work on trying to change the opinions of others.

BTW, you never answered my two original questions to you. Nice typical attempt at deflection.
Quote:
Another prime example of you, as a representative of christianity, being oblivious. The two questions in my first post to you. You know, the one that set you off.

You really are a sad case, claiming support for your views from the mystery person beside you, kind of how you came to your belief system. Continuing to try to laugh things off that you cannot dispute, claiming to be reasonable while persuing your own missionary type agenda, trying to show all us poor heathens how wonderful you are. Pathetic.

What happened, you get kicked out of your christian forum?
As you read there is nothing in my post to even back up your lies of me judging, pushing my belief, claiming to be holy, just lies you are made up to argue with someone who thinks differently from you.

I perfer to not talk with people like you are so closed minded that they can't even have a conversation with someone who thinks differently from them. Your the type of person that I avoid because you think only one way, all Christians are condemning atheists to hell, or they think that they are better, when I never said any of that in my post.

Get a life and stop being so judgemental.

So, until you provide any proof from my post where I am judging, pushing my belief, saying that I'm better, until then, I don't expect to have anymore debates or conversations with you.

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 04-20-2009 at 11:39 AM..

Old 04-20-2009, 11:35 AM

1,788 posts, read 4,754,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post

<major snippage of ranty bits>

I perfer to not talk with people like you are so closed minded that they can't even have a conversation with someone who thinks differently from them. Your the type of person that I avoid because you think only one way, all Christians are condemning atheists to hell, or they think that they are better, when I never said any of that in my post.

Get a life and stop being so judgemental.
Too long, too ranty, too preachy. Did not read.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:45 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,124,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
I know of a few people who say God has "spoken" to them. These aren't religious fanatics, nothing like that. They say he "spoke" to them, and whatever he said came true. They now say there's no doubt that there is a God, that theres no mistaking that it was him. What do you think about this? These are perfectly sane people.
I think a lot of people interpret intuition or "gut feelings" as God talking to them. It is just semantics. I prefer to think that I am the smart one LOL. They have no confidence in themselves so they have to attribute good guesses and coincidences to a higher power. To each his own.

20yrsinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism