Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 02:10 PM

783 posts, read 1,326,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atheist SC View Post
[II Kings] 2:23 And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.

[II Kings] 2:24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

How is this not evil?
Were you interested in understanding this incident from a Christian perspective? If so I would be happy to discuss it with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2009, 02:20 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,502,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt & Light View Post
Were you interested in understanding this incident from a Christian perspective? If so I would be happy to discuss it with you.
I bet you would.

Old 05-04-2009, 02:24 PM

1,788 posts, read 4,754,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
Not to mention, are bears indigenous to the ME or is this another borrowed story?
I'm not sure if they are or not. That thought had occurred to me as well, I just couldn't be bothered to go research it because if we find them to not be indigenous, all the believers would do is exclaim "it's a translation mistake!"

Old 05-04-2009, 02:25 PM

783 posts, read 1,326,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
I bet you would.
Yes, I would. Do you have reason to doubt that I would?

I understand that it could be difficult to understand this portion of Scripture. I can’t say that I fully understand it but I would honestly be happy to discuss it with anyone who is sincerely interested.

Old 05-04-2009, 02:29 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,954,739 times
Apparently they did exist. But these are natural bears so they probably didn't have anything to do with the story in question. I defer back to my earlier post.

Syrian Brown Bear - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-04-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Yes, I would. Do you have reason to doubt that I would?

I understand that it could be difficult to understand this portion of Scripture. I can’t say that I fully understand it but I would honestly be happy to discuss it with anyone who is sincerely interested.
As far as I'm concerned, I find myself unable to even muster up a "meh" in response to whether or not I care what xtians think about this.

Old 05-04-2009, 02:49 PM

2,255 posts, read 5,396,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZub View Post
As far as I'm concerned, I find myself unable to even muster up a "meh" in response to whether or not I care what xtians think about this.
Come on Zuggie, we know you care. You would'nt be here if you did'nt. Admit it Zuggie!!!!

Old 05-04-2009, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
Come on Zuggie, we know you care. You would'nt be here if you did'nt. Admit it Zuggie!!!!
If this was over in the Christian forum and I was commenting, I'd agree with you. But look where it is. Meh.

Old 05-04-2009, 03:32 PM

970 posts, read 1,699,733 times
Quote:
Well I am curious as to what a Christian can make of this mess.

Why was the thread moved BTW? I thought the whole point was to get Christians' opinions. Obviously atheists aren't going to defend God...

Old 05-04-2009, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxolan View Post
Well I am curious as to what a Christian can make of this mess.

Why was the thread moved BTW? I thought the whole point was to get Christians' opinions. Obviously atheists aren't going to defend God...
No idea. He posted it out in R&P and then it got moved here. It's certainly NOT an atheist topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism