Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 11:00 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,591,550 times

Advertisements

When the Rapture comes, evangelical Christians will ascend to heaven, but what will become of their heathen pets? A group of atheists has come up with a solution: Eternal Earth-Bound Pets, a new service that promises to care for the pets of pious citizens for a reasonable fee.

Atheists Offer to Care for Pets After the Rapture - Asylum.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 11:38 PM

8,827 posts, read 7,327,366 times
ha ha ha
I like animals better than a lot of people, at least they're not fake, they don't or try to pretend to be better than me... So I'll gladly take care of all the pets left behind while owners go off to someplace in their imagination...

Old 09-08-2009, 11:49 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,132,711 times
What rapture? Are Christians going to follow the lead of the Heaven's Gate people?...If they do I'll gladly look after a few pets as long as they leave me some cash....After all they can't take that with them either.

Old 09-09-2009, 12:00 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,055,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
What rapture? Are Christians going to follow the lead of the Heaven's Gate people?...If they do I'll gladly look after a few pets as long as they leave me some cash....After all they can't take that with them either.
Well there is a fee involved. You can scam them out of money easily. Like they say, money in the bank for doing absolutely nothing.

There may however be psychological things to deal with if the animals witness their owners floating away.

http://fapipo.today.com/files/2008/08/scared_cat.jpg (broken link)

Old 09-09-2009, 12:23 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,855,868 times
Hahahaha!! Love that picture on the right. I can imagine that cat is looking at its owner floating up to heaven and thinking, 'Hey dude!! Where ya goin'. Ya didn't leave me any lunch!!'

Old 09-09-2009, 02:28 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,526,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
When the Rapture comes, evangelical Christians will ascend to heaven, but what will become of their heathen pets? A group of atheists has come up with a solution: Eternal Earth-Bound Pets, a new service that promises to care for the pets of pious citizens for a reasonable fee.

Atheists Offer to Care for Pets After the Rapture - Asylum.com
How does one become certified for this sort of thing? I will join. I know all of my relatives have pets and they're overdue to be raptured so I gotta get to em quick.

Love the article. 55% of Americans believe in the rapture but none are willing to put their money on it

Last edited by katjonjj; 09-09-2009 at 03:09 AM.. Reason: stupid spelling mistake... can't stand that.

Old 09-09-2009, 03:07 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,327,366 times
yeah katjonjj, if they believed like they want us to think they do, there'd be no hesitation about putting money on it...

Old 09-09-2009, 03:11 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,194,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
When the Rapture comes, evangelical Christians will ascend to heaven, but what will become of their heathen pets?
Animals are not capable of sin. Why do you think there will be no animals in God's Kingdom? There will be plants for sure (The Tree of Life is mentioned in the New Jerusalem), so why not animals? We are told of a changing of the nature of wild animals during the millenium, so why would that not continue into eternity? I have much-loved departed and living pets that I will look forward to seeing in the next life as much as (and more than) many humans.

Old 09-09-2009, 04:03 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,939,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Animals are not capable of sin. Why do you think there will be no animals in God's Kingdom? There will be plants for sure (The Tree of Life is mentioned in the New Jerusalem), so why not animals? We are told of a changing of the nature of wild animals during the millenium, so why would that not continue into eternity? I have much-loved departed and living pets that I will look forward to seeing in the next life as much as (and more than) many humans.
Then again a lot of christians say animals have no souls because they weren't made in god's image.

Old 09-09-2009, 04:49 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,280,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
He doesn't think anything. He's quoting the article.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism