Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 12:39 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,058,384 times

Advertisements

Caught this on the news and checked out the forums and strangely no end of daze crapolla or gawds judgments against the inhabitants. The Tsunami in 2004 had all the woo woos talking about teh end of daze and judgment against the majority Muslims, I do not know about American Samoa but Western Samoa who we interact with in world cup rugby, are majority christian.

Any bets on how long it will be before we have threads in this regard?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 06:25 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,577,885 times
Hey, your talking about one mean sob of a deity, killing millions and millions and millions of people over the ages. Of course he has convinced his followers that he is a just a loving caring giving wonderful deity, but threatens death by some very unpleasent ways if you pizz him off, and for some minor infractions, like working on Sunday.

Gotta hand it to sky spook, he has a super efficiency kill rate, one time killing 99.9999% of all life on the planet, with a flood thing, what a peachy deity.

And his arch enemy, Satan, has killed zero. Hey it's no contest who is the baddest deity of all, but with this kill happy bastard is where you want to hang your allegiance, uuuuuuhhhhh no thanks.

But it's all just theoretical, as imaginary deities don't do any of this, but what a perfect bunch of crapola to blame a Tsunami on one.

Or perhaps it was the natural forces of physics that created an earthquake and resulting Tsunami, ya think

Or maybe it was a an imaginary deity that doesn't like the other imaginary deity

Old 09-30-2009, 07:57 PM

33,585 posts, read 37,221,484 times
Another major quake in Indonesia...This combined with the Samoan tsunami will probably activate the chicken littles and doom sayers.

Old 09-30-2009, 08:30 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,173,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
Caught this on the news and checked out the forums and strangely no end of daze crapolla or gawds judgments against the inhabitants. The Tsunami in 2004 had all the woo woos talking about teh end of daze and judgment against the majority Muslims, I do not know about American Samoa but Western Samoa who we interact with in world cup rugby, are majority christian.

Any bets on how long it will be before we have threads in this regard?
I find your wellness to turn this disaster into some sort of agenda distasteful and disrespectful to all the people who lost love ones.

Old 09-30-2009, 08:55 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,408,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
I find your wellness to turn this disaster into some sort of agenda distasteful and disrespectful to all the people who lost love ones.

Maybe so but he has a point. The 2004 tsunami was much worse. I was going to church then. The pastor of that church indeed declared it a judgement of god on muslims. Nice.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:51 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,058,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Maybe so but he has a point. The 2004 tsunami was much worse. I was going to church then. The pastor of that church indeed declared it a judgement of god on muslims. Nice.
Thanx

I too was in a church and there was a TBN video of some Jewish doomsayer predicting that there were to be many follow up judgments in the coming years. Well this is not too far later and on Huffpost there woo woos are a getting all wet and woody of an impending rapture encouraging the "heathen" that post there to "turn to gawd"

Yes it is a sad natural event.

Looking at the pics of this one it is obvious again that the victims were likely the poorest of the poor. So from their warped perspective, I guess gawd hates poor folk.

Old 09-30-2009, 11:40 PM

33,585 posts, read 37,221,484 times
It has begun...Are we paying attention? http://www.rapturealert.com/2009/092909symptoms.asp (broken link)

Old 10-01-2009, 01:26 AM

1,301 posts, read 2,113,897 times
Just wait until we get closer to 2012. It's gonna get a lot worse. Of course, when that year passes and nothing happens, we can all sit back and laugh. Still, it won't stop people from believing in doomsday, even when they've been wrong so many times before.

Stuff like this reminds me of Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson blaming 9/11 on gays, non-believers, Teletubbies, rock music and other such things us heathens are responsible for. It never crossed their minds that perhaps God was mad at religious fanatics

Old 10-01-2009, 04:32 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,774,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by achickenchaser View Post
...even when they've been wrong so many times before.
Every time, in fact.

Old 10-01-2009, 04:59 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,408,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by achickenchaser View Post
Just wait until we get closer to 2012. It's gonna get a lot worse. Of course, when that year passes and nothing happens, we can all sit back and laugh. Still, it won't stop people from believing in doomsday, even when they've been wrong so many times before.

Stuff like this reminds me of Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson blaming 9/11 on gays, non-believers, Teletubbies, rock music and other such things us heathens are responsible for. It never crossed their minds that perhaps God was mad at religious fanatics

Well yeah! Teletubbies are the spawn of Satan!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism