Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2010, 10:18 PM

15 posts, read 142,309 times

Advertisements

We just shopped around and I know it's a pain in the rear to find costs without visiting the centers first. I apologize for only showing infant and 2 year old classroom costs here, maybe I'll update with other rooms later.

I didn't hit Goddard or Creme de la Creme, but from previous experience, you can assume that Goddard is about $1,000 per month for Toddlers since you have to pay for lunch and also provide linens. Creme is approx $1,500 per month.

Discovery Pointe is another center we didn't re-visit, but at last check it runs about $970 per month for toddlers.

Run of the mill daycare costs about $1,00 per month and really good daycare will run you about $1200 +.

If you have anything to add, please do!

Mt Pisgah
Toddler: $1,185
Infant: $1,283
Discount: 10% off least expensive

Kids R Kids
Toddler: $880
Infant: $975
Discount: 10% off younger child

Brookside Academy
Toddler: $900
Infant: $1,000
Discount: 10% off least expensive, teacher discount available

KinderCare
Toddler: $884
Infant: $927
Discount: No discount mentioned (probably 10%)

North Point Prep
Toddler: $966
Infant: $1,079
Discount: 10% off least expensive

Windward Academy
Toddler: $980
Infant: $1,115
Discount: 20% off older child

Goddard School
See notes above

Primrose Academy
Toddler: $956
Infant: $1,170
Discount: 10% off older child

Peachtree Park Prep
Toddler: $1,175 + food (about $2.50 per day)
Infant: $1,345 + diapers (about $1.50 per day)
Discount: 25% off older child

Crème de la Crème:
See notes above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2010, 02:48 PM

1 posts, read 93,396 times
This is very useful! I also had a hard time determining costs without visiting daycare centers. It's quite frustrating as my husband and I each took a vacation day to visit 3 places! I found that some of the centers will not give you a price sheet...perhaps it changes frequently or they'd prefer people come into the center to speak with them regarding costs?? Regardless, here are a few more prices to add to the list (all of these are in the Sandy Springs area):

Goddard School Sandy Springs - $1450/month for infant care, $150 deposit (no additional fees) - Very impressive facility. Extremely clean and well educated teachers, even in the infant room. They also take the infants outside for playtime, which is rare as most facilities keep them indoors the entire day. They only offer full-time care (5 days per week) and tuition is based on 52 weeks a year (no reduced rates if infant is out for entire week. Keep in mind, this is only for infants. The price and p/t availability is different for toddlers. Teacher to infant ratio typically 1:4, generally no higher than 1:5.

Sunshine House - $214/week (5 days a week) plus $75 annual fee and $75 registration fee- Full time or p/t option for infants is available. P/t is based on 3 full days per week or less. This facility was nice and the staff was very friendly. Didn't tour the playground area or inquire about infants going outdoors, as we didn't even think of that until touring the Goddard School. The staff has the state req'd 10 hours of training plus additional Sunshine House training. All staff members are CPR certified. Not a long wait list. Teacher to infant ration 1:6. 2 weeks per year can be at 1/2 price if you are out for entire week for vacation.

Kindercare - $250 per week (5 days a week) plus $85 registration fee. Full time or part time (3 days per week) options. Staff has state req'd 10 hours of training as well as Kindercare training. Did not inquire on whether infants are taken outside but I believe they stay indoors. All staff members are CPR certified, first aid, burn safety,and child abuse awareness trained. The staff was quite friendly and seemed to really enjoy the kids. Teacher to infant ratio 1:6. KC charges half the weekly price for week long vacations.

There was a huge difference in prices and although the facilities reflected that (Goddard School had finger print scanners to open the doors, the others used codes), it doesn't mean that the infant care will be of less quality. I've heard great things about all several places. Goddard has a long waiting list (booked till June).

Good luck to those of you looking. I know this has to be the most stressful time of my pregnancy as the thought of leaving my 4 mth old in the care of someone else is killing me. We still haven't decided but there's several more places we plan to visit.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:06 AM

1,145 posts, read 4,210,677 times
Great info, thanks. We plan on having a child in the next 2 years so these details are great.

Parham- you listed that Goddard is booked until June. Does that mean June of 2011? So basically, you would need to get on the waiting list as soon as you are pregnant?

I'm not really sure how daycare waiting lists work. What if your slot opens up for you but you haven't had the kid yet?

Old 01-23-2011, 03:19 PM

1 posts, read 92,177 times
Dear Wilbret,
What are the discounts you mentionin your review of day care ctrs? We are about to begin our search and thank you very much for your review of pricing.

Old 01-27-2011, 07:32 AM

1,123 posts, read 6,535,704 times
These costs seem in line with costs in Dunwoody across all the day cares as well....roughly $300/week.

Old 01-27-2011, 07:37 AM

1,123 posts, read 6,535,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Blue 99 View Post
Great info, thanks. We plan on having a child in the next 2 years so these details are great.

Parham- you listed that Goddard is booked until June. Does that mean June of 2011? So basically, you would need to get on the waiting list as soon as you are pregnant?

I'm not really sure how daycare waiting lists work. What if your slot opens up for you but you haven't had the kid yet?
Yes - you absolutely should get on a waiting list within the first 3 months of being pregnant. Don't learn the hard way! When my wife was pregnant, we listened to all the horror stories from friends who waited too long and then looked around and found the average waiting time for the "big" schools (Primrose, Creme de la Creme) was about 8 months. The option we ended up taking was using a small, in-home daycare for the first 1.5 year for our daughter...only 6 kids in the house and she only kept them till 2 yrs old. The first year or so I don't think the "learning centers" are as necessary, as the baby is basically just learning to see, crawl, walk and babble. We switched to Primrose at 19 months and I feel the timing was perfect as now she is getting more structure and targeting learning.

Old 03-03-2011, 09:14 AM

415 posts, read 972,067 times
While pricing is an important indicator, perceptions can be blown out of the water by an unannounced visit - which I recommend.

After visiting a half dozen or so, we chose Crabapple Academy (private, single location) on Rucker Road in Alpharetta (a "Georgia Center of Distinction" facility). Many on staff have been there many years...don't confuse them with the Windermere and Suwanee businesses of the same name.

Here's the link (we've been using them for 4 years, and now have 2 boys there):

Welcome

Old 03-04-2011, 01:09 PM

1,225 posts, read 2,419,563 times
Wow, you guys have it good..A really BAD daycare would run you 1200/mo here in the DC area.

Old 07-11-2011, 07:20 AM

1 posts, read 90,633 times
My husband & I are adopting and have just been matched with a birth mother due in September -- any advice on locating child care? We are in the Sandy Springs are and would be interested in nanny-share or an in-home service.

Old 08-02-2011, 07:45 PM

249 posts, read 649,957 times
That's weird because I looked at a few pre schools online montessori and christian ones and i found most of them to be less than what we pay here in NJ which is 900/month.
Did I read wrong? we are heading out there in a month or so and need to find a pre school for my daughter... from the sounds of it I will be paying close to if not more than what I am paying here !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta