Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2010, 10:49 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,220,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
I know that Al. Just as you've been in countless threads where I have defended Dallas and Houston.

As I said, ANY defense of Atlanta vs Dallas and/or Houston in any category seems to bring on the wrath of some Texans.

You felt the need to single me out however, so of course I am going to defend myself.
If anyone got out of line; it was you and Mr. Split-personalities. Algreen, me, R107, and Westbank never put down or disrespected ATL in any kind of way, and the whole time we've been in this thread; you guys have been acting real ****ty. "Texans are just threatened!". "You guys are just jealous".

Seriously, WTF does ATL have that we need to be jealous or threatened of?? Coke??? Big Airport???

We just came in to put in our opinion and you guys just don't know how to handle a negative opinion towards ATL and instead of giving a respectable, mature response back; you guys start acting childish and begin name-calling.

I think we must've missed the sign that rule in the guidelines that stated "Only ATLiens are allowed in the ATL forum".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 01:24 PM

468 posts, read 790,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Why is this thread still going on? Why do people continue to post the same thing over and over like it is going to convince the hard head on the other side that they are right?

This argument is Tar Baby.

I totally agree man.. Same things happen in the city vs City threads

Old 07-11-2010, 02:40 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,105,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
If anyone got out of line; it was you and Mr. Split-personalities. Algreen, me, R107, and Westbank never put down or disrespected ATL in any kind of way, and the whole time we've been in this thread; you guys have been acting real ****ty. "Texans are just threatened!". "You guys are just jealous".

Seriously, WTF does ATL have that we need to be jealous or threatened of?? Coke??? Big Airport???

We just came in to put in our opinion and you guys just don't know how to handle a negative opinion towards ATL and instead of giving a respectable, mature response back; you guys start acting childish and begin name-calling.

I think we must've missed the sign that rule in the guidelines that stated "Only ATLiens are allowed in the ATL forum".

HOW MANY THREAD HAVE YOU POSTED IN ABOUT SOMETHING POSTIVE OVER ATLANTA? NONE! WESTBANK OR YOU. This would be different if yall go to positive and negative threads but it clear, yall have a interest negative Atlanta threads, so Atlantams can‘t help but to think why yall here? AND THEN YOU JUST SAID "Seriously, WTF does ATL have that we need to be jealous or threatened of?? Coke??? Big Airport???"

I starting to give up on threads posters are too bias, it's crazy and I'm going to this quote line "COKE, BIG AIRPORT" This why Atlantans are comming after you guys. it's so silly I'm going to save it.

This what west bank said You and a couple other Atlantans basically consider any post that doesn't praise Atlanta to be negative.” FALSE. I really don’t give care if you like Atlanta or not I really don’t, why would I it‘s your opinion I don‘t care. But when there’s a pattern, series of negative comment it get annoying. The truth is yall don’t it like when someone saying something positive about Atlanta this would atomically become to yall as boasting and when an Atlanta poster come back with facts Atlanta hatters become p***. Then it become worse when posters start to have a agenda.

See when I learn that Houston GDP is much larger I had no other choice but to accept that, but boy!!! the Atlanta posters had to argue with Houstonians over importance. Mean while 7 studies right, Houston is in 5, and Atlanta is over in 4. I completely lost track of reality what were we debating? the subjectiveness of Houston posters or the reality that Atlanta is rank High in most studies? I haven’t been commenting in this thread much because knew it was going to turn out crazy.

Give credit where it's due

Old 07-11-2010, 03:10 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,488,704 times
chiatldal, when you realize that saying "_____ has more than Atlanta" or "I don't care for ______ in Atlanta" is not being negative toward Atlanta you'll actually get it.

Seriously, what is it with some of you? We all know the pros of Atlanta, we know what Atlanta is to the southeast and etc. If we forget you or one of the other Atlanta posters are more than glad to remind us. We also know that Atlanta has cons, just like any other city. Why is it that if somebody mentions an area where Atlanta isn't strong in or a flaw that it has, they have to be negative? Nobody is taking credit away from Atlanta, the city is truly a beast, but some of you act as if Atlanta is the end all, be all of southern cities and the second someone brings you all back to reality you want to go cry.

You all love to point out what Houston or Dallas can't do compared to Atlanta, but the moment one can out do Atlanta you have to play it down or start an argument.

I'm not saying that Atlanta's posters start 100% of the drama on this forum, but you all are in the top 3rd.

Old 07-11-2010, 03:38 PM

There are some postives threads on Atlanta forum And I just went threw a few of them and didnt see any Texas posters in them... Indeed Atlanta forum seems to be a very Negative forum..... This line that the person wrote who did this so called observation.. This statement is crazy . she never mentioned Phipps nor did she do her investigation to see if the city is trying to add more highend retail then if she knew anything about highend shoppers they shop during Off peak hours... She secondly went to a suburban mall...lol There is something really wrong with this article....

The closures of these boutiques (referring to a recently shuttered store in Buckhead) prove that Atlanta is not (and probably will never be) as sophisticated and stylish as the other cities that it shares the top 10 metro population list with. A recent visit to Atlanta included a loop around Lenox Mall on a Saturday and, without trying to make any judgements as to race, NO one was buying Louis Vuitton or Kate Spade and the people that would buy them wouldn't attempt to go to that mall given the crowd I saw. Bakers Shoes and Aeropostale, however, were packed.

Then this statement by a Texan poster is what started the aftermath... page 2 on this forum

Have you ever lived in Dallas?

Our city, Atlanta, may or may not have a bright future. Dallas' future is beyond question.

Last edited by OMG2010; 07-11-2010 at 03:56 PM..

Old 07-11-2010, 04:41 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,220,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post

HOW MANY THREAD HAVE YOU POSTED IN ABOUT SOMETHING POSTIVE OVER ATLANTA? NONE! WESTBANK OR YOU. This would be different if yall go to positive and negative threads but it clear, yall have a interest negative Atlanta threads, so Atlantams can‘t help but to think why yall here? AND THEN YOU JUST SAID "Seriously, WTF does ATL have that we need to be jealous or threatened of?? Coke??? Big Airport???"

I starting to give up on threads posters are too bias, it's crazy and I'm going to this quote line "COKE, BIG AIRPORT" This why Atlantans are comming after you guys. it's so silly I'm going to save it.

This what west bank said You and a couple other Atlantans basically consider any post that doesn't praise Atlanta to be negative.” FALSE. I really don’t give care if you like Atlanta or not I really don’t, why would I it‘s your opinion I don‘t care. But when there’s a pattern, series of negative comment it get annoying. The truth is yall don’t it like when someone saying something positive about Atlanta this would atomically become to yall as boasting and when an Atlanta poster come back with facts Atlanta hatters become p***. Then it become worse when posters start to have a agenda.

See when I learn that Houston GDP is much larger I had no other choice but to accept that, but boy!!! the Atlanta posters had to argue with Houstonians over importance. Mean while 7 studies right, Houston is in 5, and Atlanta is over in 4. I completely lost track of reality what were we debating? the subjectiveness of Houston posters or the reality that Atlanta is rank High in most studies? I haven’t been commenting in this thread much because knew it was going to turn out crazy.

Give credit where it's due
I feel many ATLiens will back me up when I say I've said PLENTY of good things about Atlanta. I haven't even said anything really negative about Atlanta in this post besides commenting on it's economy.

Old 07-12-2010, 06:16 AM

4,843 posts, read 6,105,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
chiatldal, when you realize that saying "_____ has more than Atlanta" or "I don't care for ______ in Atlanta" is not being negative toward Atlanta you'll actually get it.

Seriously, what is it with some of you? We all know the pros of Atlanta, we know what Atlanta is to the southeast and etc. If we forget you or one of the other Atlanta posters are more than glad to remind us. We also know that Atlanta has cons, just like any other city. Why is it that if somebody mentions an area where Atlanta isn't strong in or a flaw that it has, they have to be negative? Nobody is taking credit away from Atlanta, the city is truly a beast, but some of you act as if Atlanta is the end all, be all of southern cities and the second someone brings you all back to reality you want to go cry.

You all love to point out what Houston or Dallas can't do compared to Atlanta, but the moment one can out do Atlanta you have to play it down or start an argument.

I'm not saying that Atlanta's posters start 100% of the drama on this forum, but you all are in the top 3rd.
WoW seriuosly ummm like Dude do want me post links of me saying postive things about DFW and Houston, and even defending them? I can, I'm just saying. ) This is kind of a conflict with you post. And isn't crazy how I just made a thread about giving credit intentionally so we all can give credit. Sorry you must really have me confuse, you really need to quit! Then there's always trolling east coast posters but I promise you most of the conflicts Atlantans have in the city vs city fourm is with Houston posters when they pop in thread about Dallas vs Atlanta and start taking about what their city has or "their more important", so can quit that one too.

I said... I don't care if yall don't like Atlanta or not, repeat "I DON"T care". For all I care yall could love or hate Atlanta if will, so that argument holds no ground. OmShahi said Atlanta is his or her least favorite city out of 4 cities Orlando, Phonenix, Tampa, Atlanta do I care no did I response No, Why? because OmShahi don't have series negatives telling us why he or she doesn't Atlanta. But when there's a series of negative comment and no postives, ) "my face looks like smiley" it's annoying.

Matter of fact I dare yall to post links of yall saying 5 postive things about Atlanta. or do yall want me post 5 links of yall saying negative things about Atlanta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
your posts are practically impossible to read. are you typing and doing something else at the same time?
Angry and rushing I so irritated,

"You all love to point out what Houston or Dallas can't do compared to Atlanta, but the moment one can out do Atlanta you have to play it down or start an argument.

I'm not saying that Atlanta's posters start 100% of the drama on this forum, but you all are in the top 3rd. " ) .......

Old 07-12-2010, 08:08 AM

5,092 posts, read 8,849,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
Angry and rushing I so irritated,

"You all love to point out what Houston or Dallas can't do compared to Atlanta, but the moment one can out do Atlanta you have to play it down or start an argument.

I'm not saying that Atlanta's posters start 100% of the drama on this forum, but you all are in the top 3rd. " ) .......
see, there y'all go again. stop assuming that just because i live in texas that automatically makes me extremely biased towards houston and dallas. like i've said time and time again, i call it like i see it

i'll gladly point out the ways atlanta outdoes dallas, but high end retail is not one of those areas.

and like westbank said, it seems like texans are quicker to admit the areas they don't excel in, but with some of y'all...lets just say that i've seen atlantans arguing the fact that houston has a bigger skyline

Old 07-12-2010, 10:08 AM

10,743 posts, read 13,390,202 times
Man... You guys really need to move on.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:49 AM

They keep coming back I guess they like it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta