Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2010, 11:32 AM

468 posts, read 790,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Prior to transfering to Atlanta I thought it was a fashionable city. Atlanta DOES have alot that others do not have, after being here 2 years...Miami is the King of the south. And this aint a diss to Atlanta, but there is not enough dressing up here in Atlanta. In the suburbs its even worse. Especially with guy showing their underwear.
Sagging is apart of urban culture which this u will find all over the USA mostly in the AA community...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2010, 12:48 PM

32,026 posts, read 36,796,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG2010 View Post
Sagging is apart of urban culture which this u will find all over the USA mostly in the AA community...
Didn't they pass some kind of law against it? If so they're not enforcing it because you can go downtown and a very high percentage of males are wearing extremely baggy pants.

This may be a separate topic but does crotch-holding go along with the saggy pants fashion movement? It seems pretty common.

Baggy Pants: Outlawed in Atlanta? - ABC News

Proposed Atlanta Bill Would Ban Baggy Pants - Atlanta News Story - WGCL Atlanta

Old 07-10-2010, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Didn't they pass some kind of law against it? If so they're not enforcing it because you can go downtown and a very high percentage of males are wearing extremely baggy pants.

This may be a separate topic but does crotch-holding go along with the saggy pants fashion movement? It seems pretty common.

Baggy Pants: Outlawed in Atlanta? - ABC News

Proposed Atlanta Bill Would Ban Baggy Pants - Atlanta News Story - WGCL Atlanta

Well alot of urban guys are transitiong into the skinny to slim fit jeans... the baggy jeans are fadding away

Old 07-10-2010, 02:44 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,220,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Or maybe it's just simple jealousy, who knows?

I think I would be a little jealous of Atlanta if I had to live somewhere less attractive, lush and hilly, but that's just me.
Jealous is a pretty strong word and honestly I'd expect BlkspiceOMGrudeboyatlman to say that before you would, but it's all good. All that stuff is nothing to me and I would rather be living in a flat, unattractive, treeless city with a thriving economy......can't say the same for Atlanta.

Old 07-10-2010, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Jealous is a pretty strong word and honestly I'd expect BlkspiceOMGrudeboyatlman to say that before you would, but it's all good. All that stuff is nothing to me and I would rather be living in a flat, unattractive, treeless city with a thriving economy......can't say the same for Atlanta.

You are funny sir really I'll let u have that... Or assume that I am 10 thousand people.. But I'm not here to put down anyone or anyones city.. Atlanta economy is just fine.. Atlanta has a very educated workforce can't say that about Dallas... Johnatl do not allow these Texas posters to get u rowdy an cause u to start name calling.. I'll be creating some new threads that are positive ones..

Old 07-10-2010, 03:16 PM

Quote:
You are funny sir really I'll let u have that... Or assume that I am 10 thousand people.. But I'm not here to put down anyone or anyones city.. Atlanta economy is just fine.. Atlanta has a very educated workforce can't say that about Dallas... Johnatl do not allow these Texas posters to get u rowdy an cause u to start name calling.. I'll be creating some new threads that are positive ones..
I never put down Atlanta, but I also don't see how am I jealous because I said we could careless about Bloomingdale. I've always spoke on how I thought ATLiens were very fashionable and how the fashion scene in Dallas is overrated.

I have no reason to be jealous of Atlanta because I'm perfectly happy here in Texas.

Old 07-10-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
I never put down Atlanta, but I also don't see how am I jealous because I said we could careless about Bloomingdale. I've always spoke on how I thought ATLiens were very fashionable and how the fashion scene in Dallas is overrated.

I have no reason to be jealous of Atlanta because I'm perfectly happy here in Texas.
I mean look honestly this is Atlanta forum Look how many Texas posters are in this forum. The Texas boards must be quite boring? Then I want you to go back and look at How many Atl posters do you see in the Texas forums... Im not from Atl nor Texas... But I work for BET so im always in Atlanta doing production work.. Its 1 of 3 things which cause the Texas posters to pile up in the Atlanta forum....

1 Someone brings Texas cities into the forum
2 There threatened by Atlanta
3. They find Atlanta interesting..

Im new here but This thread alone and a few threads in City vs City lets me know there is a issue with Atlanta Dallas and Houston

Old 07-10-2010, 04:18 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,849,518 times
this whole "why are texans in the atlanta forum" argument is silly. if i want to go in the idaho forum, i'll go all up and through that muhf--ka lol. besides, the subject of this thread includes a TEXAS city, so why shouldn't texans participate. you'll occasionally see my head pop up in this forum because i'm fairly familiar with atlanta, have close family and friends there, and can contribute to many of the topics found here. i can't speak for others

and by the way, yes you do see people from other states (including georgia) in the texas forum

Old 07-10-2010, 05:26 PM

Quote:
I mean look honestly this is Atlanta forum Look how many Texas posters are in this forum. The Texas boards must be quite boring? Then I want you to go back and look at How many Atl posters do you see in the Texas forums... Im not from Atl nor Texas... But I work for BET so im always in Atlanta doing production work.. Its 1 of 3 things which cause the Texas posters to pile up in the Atlanta forum....

1 Someone brings Texas cities into the forum
2 There threatened by Atlanta
3. They find Atlanta interesting..

Im new here but This thread alone and a few threads in City vs City lets me know there is a issue with Atlanta Dallas and Houston
Maybe because were interested in Atlanta?? I've admit before that I'd like to visit. This whole threatened and jealousy thing is dead to me. Atlanta seems like a great city, but it's not that amazing. Get over yourselves.

Old 07-10-2010, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Maybe because were interested in Atlanta?? I've admit before that I'd like to visit. This whole threatened and jealousy thing is dead to me. Atlanta seems like a great city, but it's not that amazing. Get over yourselves.
Thats your opinion man.. Lots of people find Atlanta to be a Amazing city same with the Texas cities. I dont think Dallas and Houston are amazing... but im not going to through that up every chance I get. What for?..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta