Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2010, 09:37 AM

82 posts, read 235,677 times

Advertisements

I have the opportunity to relocate to my company's Alpharetta office.I currently live in South Florida and desperately want to get out of here, but am unsure about Georgia. So after reading the sticky about providing key information here's my situation:

1. Rent (need garage for my motorcycle)
2. Have looked online at apartment complexes in Alpharetta and Roswell and they seem OK, but maybe it's better to rent a house
3. Employed...company is located off Windward Parkway in Alpharetta so would like to be no more than 20-30 mins away
4. Single, early 40's, female, no children
5. Would like a quiet neighborhood but in a town that has a nice downtown (main street-like) area
6. Interests - motorcycling, riding my bicycle so would like to be near a park of bike trails
7. Airport access isn't that necessary as I usually travel for pleasure so I don't mind a drive
8. Somewhat close to mass transit so that I can get into Atlanta to attend school in the evening. Will be applying for Fall 2011

I hope that provides enough information.

Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 10:44 AM

13,981 posts, read 25,968,218 times
There are some nice complexes on Academy St/Webb Bridge Rd (name changes after crossing 400) that might fit your needs. Windward would only be a couple of exits north, or you could take side streets. AMLI has a couple of complexes in the area to check out online.

Alpharetta has a Main St. but except for some restaurants, it closes down at night. Windward Pkwy has all the major chains on it. Roswell is the closest walkable downtown, but that is limited to boutiques and restaurants. You wouldn't head there to find a drugstore or a hardware store.

The Greenway in Alpharetta is great for biking, with numerous access points.

You can pick up MARTA at the North Springs station, approx 6 miles from Windward on GA 400. My son is a grad student at GSU, and has some night classes. He leaves our home in Milton at 4:30 to make his 5:30 Lab time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: