Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2010, 12:03 PM

909 posts, read 1,063,105 times

Advertisements

Anybody know the good from the not so good in that Morrow/Jonesboro Rd./SouthLake area?

Any experience with Don Jackson, Hennesy, Landmark, etc. ???

Who has the legit great deal??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2010, 05:51 AM

876 posts, read 2,278,549 times
I like Toyotas and Hondas basically and not much else. Last year, I went to Toyota South on Hwy 54 looking for a certain used Toyota (did all my homework online). The Toyota South sales guy was very aggressive and I simply left. The dealership with better sales staff was at Willett Honda on Mt. Zion (right off 75). Not pushy and very accommodating in my experience and even though I did not buy from either one, I would recommend Willett to be more professional as a whole than Toyota South. I think the Allan Vigil Ford dealer staff on Mt. Zion was OK overall, but I was less interested in the Fords anyway.

I'd narrow down some cars I was interested in before going to any dealership, saves you a lot of hassle. I tell them up front what my plans are when you first meet them. The sales guys that were very pushy make me want to leave right away, not wanting to buy that day or even come back to the dealership. If the sales people are that aggressive, they do not get my business. I walk away after explaining again I do not want to buy that day.

Last edited by SW30303; 09-17-2010 at 06:10 AM..

Old 09-17-2010, 10:25 AM

461 posts, read 1,068,973 times
I bought a Honda at Willet about 7 years ago, I just traded it in last week. The awesome thing about Willet was, I went in on a Saturday, bought the car, signed all the paperwork. It was a done deal. Then on Monday they called me and said, Honda can actually offer you a lower interest rate to bring your payments down if you want to come back in and redo the paperwork. I did. Who does that?

Old 09-17-2010, 03:12 PM

909 posts, read 1,063,105 times
I might be interested (going by what was on Auto Trader . com) in a "program car" (usually about a year old, turned back over to the dealers by rental car companies)...that's where I saw some great deals in that part of town.

Anybody got and tips on that aspect?

Old 09-17-2010, 10:02 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,552,407 times
IMO, the 'best' deal would be to find someone about to turn in a leased vehicle that will still have warranty, offer to cover the 'disposition fee' and perhaps another $500 for their trouble. This wouldn't be for everyone but it would cut out the dealer mark-up on the turn-in and perhaps would have some tax benefit(I know they were trying to charge sales tax on private sales in the last couple of years we've been gone AND there would be sales tax on the lease purchase).

I've been on the 'front end' of that scenario in the past. Turn in a vehicle with 1 or 2 years factory warranty remaining and see that vehicle on the lot next week for $8-10K over the residual value.

Not the simplest idea and not for everybody, but it's a thought.

BTW, we sure miss the competition among same-marque dealers out here in Austin. ONE Lexus dealer, ONE Volvo dealer...compared to the competitive environment back in Atlanta.(Atlanta had 13 Toyota dealers back when we bought Mom's Camry...about a half-dozen were 'competing' for our business)

Good luck...and always be willing to walk away if the deal isn't what you expected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta