Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 07:31 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,271,287 times

Advertisements

Me, I see Georgia going even Redder and the various polls validate this. Funny thing was the posting predicting Georgia getting Bluer after Obama was elected. The poster thought that Obama whould somehow change the attitude of many in this great state and with so many Northern transplants moving here that Georgia would start electing Democrats on a statewide level. Oh how things have changed in just two short years. What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 07:37 AM

23,466 posts, read 44,100,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
Me, I see Georgia going even Redder and the various polls validate this.
What do you think?
This, exactly.
One poll indicates that only half of voters that showed up to vote for Obama will bother to show up at the polls this time.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:14 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,271,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
This, exactly.
One poll indicates that only half of voters that showed up to vote for Obama will bother to show up at the polls this time.
I saw one yesterday that said Rebublicans will hold ALL of the statewide offices after this election. With Thurbert Baker gone as the SOS there will be NO Dem's holding a statewide office. WOW is all that can be said.

Old 10-19-2010, 02:51 PM

32,026 posts, read 36,796,625 times
I went ahead and voted for the more forward thinking candidates today. You have to have intelligent, open minded people in office who will be more likely to do the right thing.

Old 10-19-2010, 05:06 PM

314 posts, read 639,694 times
I predict that Nathan Deal will win no matter what other insanely corrupt practices surface over the next couple weeks. It could come out that he murdered Ronald Reagan by having gay sex with him until he died in San Francisco, right before he became the leader of the San Fran Communist Party and a high priest in the church of Satan, and he'd still crush Barnes by 6%+ at the polls. If this election proves anything, it's that the majority of Georgians vote entirely based on what letter is in front of someone's name (D or R), and how conservative they can say they are. Well that's not entirely true, whether or not they like the confederate flag *does* play a miniscule part in their decision-making process.

The way this governors race is panning out is so depressing it's not even funny. Watching corruption after corruption surface while the poll numbers remain consistent... just boggles the mind. It's like that joke Stephen Colbert made about W, that he believes the same thing on Wednesday that he believed on Monday, no matter what happened on Tuesday. Except it's the majority of voters in an entire state :facepalm:

Old 10-19-2010, 05:39 PM

3,972 posts, read 12,662,983 times
Latest poll shows Barnes closing in I think, but it is pathetic that Deal is ahead at all.

Almost as pathetic is how did Karen Handel's campaign staff miss all this stuff?

Old 10-19-2010, 06:08 PM

1,209 posts, read 2,250,342 times
Look back at 1998.

As Incumbents, Republicans Hold Advantage in 18 Races for Governor - New York Times

9/30/98: A poll conducted for The Atlanta Journal-Constitution last week gave Mr. Millner a lead over Mr. Barnes of 47 percent to 41 percent.

THE 1998 CAMPAIGN -- GEORGIA; Republicans Looking to End 126 Years of One-Party Rule - New York Times
10/26/98: The most recent independent polling gave Mr. Millner a lead of 45 percent to 42 percent

Barnes would win 52.5% to 44.1%. Barnes outperformed his last poll numbers by 10.5%, Millner was just under 45. Deal is at 45 now.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=h...2010.pdf&pli=1

Only getting 76% of GOP.

Old 10-19-2010, 06:58 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,310,733 times
I think people are really voting more against Obama than for Deal. The politics of "Cutting off one's nose to spite one's face" will always have a place in the south, if not all of America.

The "traditional" conservative voters couldn't even bring themselves to whole-heartedly throw their weight behind Karen Handel on the part of her being a woman & then on top of that allegations that she is friendly towards the LGBT crowd.

Stuff like that is why I don't take seriously the thought processes of some of these jokers. They pick & chose too much & too easily when big government is okay & when it's not, especially when it comes to the bennies & who gets them. Don't expect any sort of cognitive dissonance with that crowd, is my advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastminutemom View Post
Latest poll shows Barnes closing in I think, but it is pathetic that Deal is ahead at all.

Almost as pathetic is how did Karen Handel's campaign staff miss all this stuff?

Old 10-19-2010, 07:05 PM

16,701 posts, read 29,532,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spotch View Post
I predict that Nathan Deal will win no matter what other insanely corrupt practices surface over the next couple weeks. It could come out that he murdered Ronald Reagan by having gay sex with him until he died in San Francisco, right before he became the leader of the San Fran Communist Party and a high priest in the church of Satan, and he'd still crush Barnes by 6%+ at the polls...:

Good one...

Old 10-19-2010, 07:13 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,535,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spotch View Post
I predict that Nathan Deal will win no matter what other insanely corrupt practices surface over the next couple weeks. It could come out that he murdered Ronald Reagan by having gay sex with him until he died in San Francisco, right before he became the leader of the San Fran Communist Party and a high priest in the church of Satan, and he'd still crush Barnes by 6%+ at the polls. If this election proves anything, it's that the majority of Georgians vote entirely based on what letter is in front of someone's name (D or R), and how conservative they can say they are. Well that's not entirely true, whether or not they like the confederate flag *does* play a miniscule part in their decision-making process.

The way this governors race is panning out is so depressing it's not even funny. Watching corruption after corruption surface while the poll numbers remain consistent... just boggles the mind. It's like that joke Stephen Colbert made about W, that he believes the same thing on Wednesday that he believed on Monday, no matter what happened on Tuesday. Except it's the majority of voters in an entire state :facepalm:
lmfao

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
Me, I see Georgia going even Redder and the various polls validate this. Funny thing was the posting predicting Georgia getting Bluer after Obama was elected. The poster thought that Obama whould somehow change the attitude of many in this great state and with so many Northern transplants moving here that Georgia would start electing Democrats on a statewide level. Oh how things have changed in just two short years. What do you think?
Truth.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta