Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 02:17 PM

9 posts, read 32,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
If you are white you will have a hard time finding anything near ATL that is not a ghetto or an all black area. There are many nice all black areas in south Fulton around Camp Creek or Roosevelt Hwy and they are pretty safe as well. But you would be one of a few whites there. To the south is Clayton and to the east if Forrest Park. Clayton is a ghetto and Forrest Park is a barrio. You don't want to live in either. I would suggest you consider Fayetteville or Peachtree City. They are safe, clean and mostly (about 75%) white.

what about stockbridge?? also looking not to be far away from atlanta attractions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2010, 02:57 PM

357 posts, read 784,046 times
if you're single, I would AVOID fayetteville and peatchree city. These are family oriented places... not ideal for singles. Decatour may be an option. You can take the MARTA right down to the airport. I know of one Delta Fligh Attendant that does this.

Old 12-18-2010, 04:50 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,779,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skybox78 View Post
thanks for your info but i'm a single 31 y0 white male.those places dont seem convenient to any "singles life scene" right?
No. For that you need Midtown and Buckhead.

Old 12-18-2010, 05:48 PM

16,711 posts, read 29,555,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL3000 View Post
Dude, you forgot that part of Forrest Park is a rice paddy. You also forgot to mention that parts of Riverdale are a 7-11. What other offensive racial stereotypes can we think up?

Op, if you want to live the Whitey McCorngood lifestyle then I suggest Peachtree City. Hell, everyone drives around in golf carts. You really can't get much whiter than that, speaking of racial stereotypes.

Old 12-18-2010, 05:50 PM

skybox78--

Look at these places:

Vinings/Smyrna
Midtown
Buckhead

Old 12-18-2010, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
skybox78--

Look at these places:

Vinings/Smyrna
Midtown
Buckhead
thanks so much!! i am kinda researching on smyrna and seems pretty affordable too.is pretty much all smyrna nice? or does it have hood ? lol

its up north though, isnt that a far commute to hartsfield?

Old 12-18-2010, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skybox78 View Post
thanks so much!! i am kinda researching on smyrna and seems pretty affordable too.is pretty much all smyrna nice? or does it have hood ? lol

its up north though, isnt that a far commute to hartsfield?

The Westside/Northwest side of Metro Atlanta (close to/near the Perimeter {I-285}) offers a smooth, easy, quick commute to Hartsfield. Like I said before, the area has been very popular with airline folk since the 1970's.

Smyrna is very good for the most part. Eastern and Southern Smyrna are best/what you are looking for.

Smyrna and Vinings kind of blend together.

Cool it with the "hood" comments...

Old 12-18-2010, 11:34 PM

2,590 posts, read 4,534,529 times
Smyrna and Vinings are pretty nice BUT...
They don't have MARTA rail access which is awesome for folks who work at the airport provided you aren't leaving or going to work in the wee hours when the trains don't run. You can feasibly drive to the Lindberg station or HE Holmes station from S or V but you can pretty much drive to the airport in the same amount of time so it'd be pointless.

There are some decent apartments and condos within walking distance of several MARTA stations in Midtown and Buckhead. Midtown is probably considered the trendiest part of Atlanta which can be a good or bad thing depending on what you like. The big art museum is there and so are several performing arts venues. There are several clubs where the ladies are pretty and the men are prettier. Speaking of that, it has a pretty large and visible gay population so if you have a problem with that then you probably should look elsewhere. It's relatively safe but it is of course in the heart of a large city. I will say that I lived there for over a year and not once did someone break into my apartment and tastefully redecorate it. To the airport via MARTA is about 20 minutes.

Buckhead is another option. Sadly the party scene there has faded from what it was. There are still a few ok spots left but they're scattered over several miles. I've lived in Buckhead as well and I liked it well enough. It's convenient and the nicest area(from Lindberg north to Sandy Springs) in the city in my opinion. Traffic can be an unkind lady though in certain spots. There are several newer apartment complexes around Lindberg station that look fairly nice. I'd say the trip to the airport via MARTA is about 25-30 minutes or so depending on what station you use.

Depending on what you are into you may want to check out Decatur or Inman Park if you are more into the hipster side of things. Something tells me you're not though.

Last edited by DTL3000; 12-18-2010 at 11:51 PM..

Old 12-19-2010, 12:28 AM

11,334 posts, read 26,100,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Flight Attendant Person--

Look into the Vinings/Smyrna Area.

Very popular with airline employees with an easy commute to the airport.

The Vinings/Smyrna Area meets all of your criteria 100%. The area has been very popular with airline employees since the 1970's. Safe, convenient, shopping, pretty, and solidly middle to upper class.

Good Luck.
Wings Financial FCU even has a branch of sorts near the Cumberland Mall (in the Travelport/WorldSpan Building) for former NW types.

Old 12-19-2010, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL3000 View Post
Smyrna and Vinings are pretty nice BUT...
They don't have MARTA rail access which is awesome for folks who work at the airport provided you aren't leaving or going to work in the wee hours when the trains don't run. You can feasibly drive to the Lindberg station or HE Holmes station from S or V but you can pretty much drive to the airport in the same amount of time so it'd be pointless.

There are some decent apartments and condos within walking distance of several MARTA stations in Midtown and Buckhead. Midtown is probably considered the trendiest part of Atlanta which can be a good or bad thing depending on what you like. The big art museum is there and so are several performing arts venues. There are several clubs where the ladies are pretty and the men are prettier. Speaking of that, it has a pretty large and visible gay population so if you have a problem with that then you probably should look elsewhere. It's relatively safe but it is of course in the heart of a large city. I will say that I lived there for over a year and not once did someone break into my apartment and tastefully redecorate it. To the airport via MARTA is about 20 minutes.

Buckhead is another option. Sadly the party scene there has faded from what it was. There are still a few ok spots left but they're scattered over several miles. I've lived in Buckhead as well and I liked it well enough. It's convenient and the nicest area(from Lindberg north to Sandy Springs) in the city in my opinion. Traffic can be an unkind lady though in certain spots. There are several newer apartment complexes around Lindberg station that look fairly nice. I'd say the trip to the airport via MARTA is about 25-30 minutes or so depending on what station you use.

Depending on what you are into you may want to check out Decatur or Inman Park if you are more into the hipster side of things. Something tells me you're not though.
thanks you for your info! well i am gay, dont plan on having to rely on marta much as i have my own vehicle.i'm a homebody kind of person who ocassionally like to go out for drinks and socialize but refer living somewhere quiet than in the middle of the hustle and bustle of things...yet still have them available as an option. Most importantly a smooth DRIVE to hartsfield for work.Smyrna has sounded pretty good, any info on decatur? would it be better or same? I refuse to live in south atlanta for sure lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta