Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 07:40 PM

357 posts, read 783,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
Get married and have some kids
this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2010, 08:32 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,929,063 times
FUNNY -- all the people I know who live in Orlando call it BORElando.

Old 12-20-2010, 08:41 PM

357 posts, read 783,682 times
Orlando is alright... I was suprised to find that there are actually things to do outside of Disney. Plus UCF girls aint bad

Old 12-20-2010, 08:42 PM

19 posts, read 67,372 times
Enjoy a Saturday night at the Clairmont Lounge.

Old 12-20-2010, 09:29 PM

292 posts, read 635,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_Tider View Post
Enjoy a Saturday night at the Clairmont Lounge.
I've heard this is a decent place. Need to check this out.

Old 12-20-2010, 10:07 PM

2,590 posts, read 4,532,532 times
ClERmont

Old 12-21-2010, 09:43 AM

221 posts, read 431,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
Get married and have some kids
where is the fun in that?

Old 12-21-2010, 10:43 AM

2,642 posts, read 8,261,490 times
Actually, it does sound like the OP has reached that transitional stage in life where the old exciting things like going out to bars, etc, have lost their shine. But not yet ready to get married and/or start a family.

Take it from me...getting married not such a big deal. Starting a family...big deal.

Anyway, time to find out what you like to do. Try some stuff out:

1. Join a marathon training group
2. Join a singles hiking group
3. Start mountain biking and do those crazy 24 hour "races" where you camp out and see how many times in 24 hours you can make a 2 mile loop (my brother loves to do this with his friends)
4. Build your own kayak (you can get a kit)
5. Start a garden in the spring
6. Take a writing class (the assignments will keep you busy and the classes can be social events themselves)
7. Join your neighborhood organization and get involved in the latest effort to do something in the neighborhood park (this can be funner than it sounds on the surface)
8. Pick up that trumpet you used to play and join the Seed and Feed Marching Abominable
9. Buy an old house in a transitional neighborhood and spend every spare cent and minute of your time rehabbing it.
10. Time to join a kickball team!

Old 12-21-2010, 10:59 AM

649 posts, read 1,424,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plessthanpointohfive View Post
Actually, it does sound like the OP has reached that transitional stage in life where the old exciting things like going out to bars, etc, have lost their shine. But not yet ready to get married and/or start a family.

Take it from me...getting married not such a big deal. Starting a family...big deal.

Anyway, time to find out what you like to do. Try some stuff out:

1. Join a marathon training group
2. Join a singles hiking group
3. Start mountain biking and do those crazy 24 hour "races" where you camp out and see how many times in 24 hours you can make a 2 mile loop (my brother loves to do this with his friends)
4. Build your own kayak (you can get a kit)
5. Start a garden in the spring
6. Take a writing class (the assignments will keep you busy and the classes can be social events themselves)
7. Join your neighborhood organization and get involved in the latest effort to do something in the neighborhood park (this can be funner than it sounds on the surface)
8. Pick up that trumpet you used to play and join the Seed and Feed Marching Abominable
9. Buy an old house in a transitional neighborhood and spend every spare cent and minute of your time rehabbing it.
10. Time to join a kickball team!
The OP doesn't need to get married yet, but it is time to find that special someone and spend time with them. All kinds of stuff become fun when you are with someone special.

Old 12-21-2010, 11:10 AM

2,642 posts, read 8,261,490 times
It definitely is funner do a lot of the things I listed with someone you like a lot, romantic or otherwise. Meaningful personal relationships are never a bad thing.

But, I remember hitting this stage of being bored with my life when I was 24. That's when I discovered I like gardening and writing really bad fiction (that no one reads but me). Shortly after this I had a kid and that was a BIG F'IN DEAL. So I don't recommend going from bored twentysomething to parent in the blink of an eye.

But it might be time to explore some grown up leisure activities. Develop a craft. Some of the things I listed I lifted from my own hobbies and some from my younger brother. We're both avid outdoors people. But he's all into building his own stuff, like the kayak, where as I am more into going on midnight trail runs with a small group (like 4) people.

This is the time to explore yourself!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta