Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 09:22 AM

5 posts, read 9,670 times

Advertisements

I did take a look online at Briar Hill but it looks like a one bedroom there runs between $700-$845 which is too much money for me. I will keep looking in this area though because there seem to be some less expensive options and everyone so far says it is safe so that is great! I don't think I would mind a somewhat older place if it were well maintained (although it sounds like Oaks of Briarcliff isn't).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2011, 12:46 PM

124 posts, read 399,858 times
Since you are looking for cheap, safe, close-in and don't mind an older complex, you may want to check out Emory Woods at the corner of Clairmont and N. Decatur. If you were searching in the 30329 zip code, you may have missed this because it is in 30033.

One of my kids lives there and absolutely loves it. The complex is really old and unattractive. If you can get past that, it is a great place. The location is fantastic. You can walk to restaurants, Publix, Rainbow Foods, Red Mango (yeah!) and lots of other stores. The area is very safe as well. A real mix of folks lives there. A bunch of grad students, not many undergrads, young singles starting out, some families and some older long-time residents as well. I think given your age and single status, you may feel more comfortable with this crowd than at Oaks of Briarcliff.

The apartments have not been updated inside, but this is not necessarily all bad. My kid's apartment has hardwood floors upstairs, and the original green and black tile bathroom which I think is pretty cool. My kid pays $750 for an 1100 sf two bedroom but I think one bedrooms start under $500. The only other downside besides the complex being ugly is that there are no washer/dryer hookups.

Old 01-01-2011, 12:54 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,490,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by safetyfirstgirl View Post
I did take a look online at Briar Hill but it looks like a one bedroom there runs between $700-$845 which is too much money for me. I will keep looking in this area though because there seem to be some less expensive options and everyone so far says it is safe so that is great! I don't think I would mind a somewhat older place if it were well maintained (although it sounds like Oaks of Briarcliff isn't).
The post about Emory Woods sounds promising. You could also contact ProMove Apartment locator service for additional recs. There is a wash/dry/laundry at Scott Blvd/N Decatur in the Medlock Shopping center, fwiw.

Here's a previous thread--I don't know the price range for any of these properties but good luck>>>
//www.city-data.com/forum/atlan...ose-emory.html

Old 01-01-2011, 09:48 PM

5 posts, read 9,670 times
Thanks again to everyone who posted for all your help! I will definitely take a look at Emory Woods and also look into ProMove. I really appreciate the feedback, I now feel like a have at least a really good starting point (and maybe more!) for my search whereas before I had no idea as to even the general area I should look in.

Old 01-23-2011, 06:24 PM

5 posts, read 19,817 times
Iv been looking in that area as well my budgets 725,00 I went over the otherday and checked out longwoods. those looked pretty nice on the inside and had full size washer and dryer for 705.00
going tomorrow to check out the clairmont
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: