Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2011, 02:55 PM

1 posts, read 872 times

Advertisements

Hi, visiting next month for a few days, really wanting to check out the music scene.
I'm staying in Buckhead and have scoped some bars/clubs. My dilemma, i'll be traveling by myself and want to know about the areas around some of the places. i'll be using MARTA, but may have to walk a bit eh? Likely i'll be walking to/from Inman Park-Reynoldstown Station area.

I've trekked through DC and San Fran on my own with no problems at nights but ya' never know right?

Bascially, i would love to find some venues/shows and close to MARTA or at least not a big deal to explore on my own.

Thanks so much! Looking forward to my outing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2011, 03:53 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,847,854 times
Larger Venues: Lakewood Amphitheater, Philips Arena, Arena at Gwinnett, Cobb Energy Center

Smaller Venues: The Tabernacle, The Fox, Chastain Amphitheater, Rialto, Variety Playhouse, Civic Center, Verizon Amphitheater, Center Stage//The Loft/Vinyl, Buckhead Theater, The Roxy, Masquerade

Clubs and bars that have live music: The Earl, Smith's Olde Bar, 529, Velvet Underground, Highland Inn Ballroom Lounge, Drunken Unicorn/MJQ Concorse, Andrews Upstairs, Vortex, Limerick Junction, Blind Willie's, Star Community Bar, Churchill Grounds, East Atlanta Icehouse, The Five Spot, Fatt Matt's, Red Door, 10High, and many others...I'm sure someone can add to this.

Which areas will you be going to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta