Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 12:02 AM

1,666 posts, read 2,844,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Well, I checked it out for myself.
so you made it out alive I see. Was there any shootings tonight or sketchy people to be afraid of?

Old 02-27-2011, 06:59 AM

444 posts, read 704,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
Oh shut up. You are the one who started this mess to begin with with your silly opinions and views.
Ha ha! Mike, you ain't right...lol.

Old 02-27-2011, 08:55 AM

1,666 posts, read 2,844,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYbyWAYofGA View Post
Ha ha! Mike, you ain't right...lol.

IM just saying that seems to be the big issue for most people on here.

Old 02-27-2011, 08:57 AM

859 posts, read 2,121,523 times
HHmmm, did I see arjay and buppie there last night? So I didn't plan on going to AS last night, but was in the area for something else and it just so and happened I ended up there. I will say this 80% of time I have been to AS has been during the day and this was my first time at AS at night in some months (not b/c I avoid it at night, just that my plans for sat. nights don't take me to AS.)

The crowd was I would estimate was 80% black, 15% white and 5% asian and or indian. Out of that 80% black, I would say half looked like teenagers, and the other half looked like the college aged and sub 40 crowd with the a sprinkling of older and elderly black couples.

Of the white demo, 95% looked to be the college aged crowd, with just a handful of 30 somethings and all the asians and indians I saw looked like college kids.

Impressions at night, did I feel uncomfortable? no, duh, but was I annoyed by some of the kids? yes, but they're kids! By annoyed I mean them sometimes cutting in front of me and the GF or just standing in the middle of a walk-way blocking traffic, but that was the extent of my annoyance. There was a security presence, but they only seemed to be in one area, which probably isn't a good thing, but they can improve on that. Only other thing I would add it that AS could be better lit in certain areas.

Old 02-27-2011, 09:32 AM

32,032 posts, read 36,833,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLHRLGUY View Post
HHmmm, did I see arjay and buppie there last night?
Well, if you saw an old dude stomping around with a cane that was probably me.

I walked the entire area a couple of times and didn't feel endangered or uncomfortable in the least. There was no rowdiness or any sort of unpleasantness whatsoever.

Honestly, in my opinion, the crowd was more like 90% black. Since I was on a fact finding mission, I actually tried to keep a rough count.

But so what? I don't see any problem with that at all. Everyone was well behaved and there were lots of 30 somethings in the bars and restaurants. I stopped off for a couple myself -- all that plodding around will work up a powerful thirst.

The only area that I would describe as "sketchy" in any way was the bus stop along 17th Street. It's a little off the beaten path and could stand some better lighting.

Old 02-27-2011, 11:19 AM

16,714 posts, read 29,564,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Well, if you saw an old dude stomping around with a cane that was probably me.

I walked the entire area a couple of times and didn't feel endangered or uncomfortable in the least. There was no rowdiness or any sort of unpleasantness whatsoever.

Honestly, in my opinion, the crowd was more like 90% black. Since I was on a fact finding mission, I actually tried to keep a rough count.

But so what? I don't see any problem with that at all. Everyone was well behaved and there were lots of 30 somethings in the bars and restaurants. I stopped off for a couple myself -- all that plodding around will work up a powerful thirst.

The only area that I would describe as "sketchy" in any way was the bus stop along 17th Street. It's a little off the beaten path and could stand some better lighting.
I think it is so cool that you did this. Awesome...

Old 02-27-2011, 11:45 AM

32,032 posts, read 36,833,008 times
Well, thank you for saying that, aries. We have some relatives in from out of town and I just felt like getting out for a night cap.

Old 02-27-2011, 12:02 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,717,270 times
Arjay, did you hear music blasting at the time of night from cruisers and such?

Last edited by PKCorey; 02-27-2011 at 12:39 PM..

Old 02-27-2011, 12:30 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,351,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
Arjay, did you hear music blasting at the time of night from cruisers and such?
You get cruisers everywhere there are young people and car stereos are sold. You'd never think the parking deck at Lenox was a great place to holla at the ladies but that doesn't keep you from going deaf from a few hoopties stuck trying to get back onto Lenox Rd. Had the same situation when I had to visit Bryant, AK Walmart on a Saturday night and that town is 95% white. Music was a bit difference but just as annoying.

Solution is the same anywhere...officers pulling people over and writing noise tickets. It's non-existent in Buckhead now (more due to the lack of street side crowds at the now gone clubs) but few things get someone to turn down the music faster than the sight of a police officer pointing at you to pull over.

Old 02-27-2011, 12:45 PM

1,498 posts, read 3,109,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Thats fine, I was speaking more on people like Mr. Cobaine thats probably one of those people that run across the street and grab their man purses when they see "sketchy" people out in the street. Then run home to make a post about it instead of saying something out in public. THOSE are the internet superheros.
Sorry dude, but the truth hurts. You harbor the same inferiority complex as the other posters. Always complaing about racism, how victimized black people are, how you don't like the word ghetto, blah blah blah. If you don't like it, why don't you get off your computer and try to fix the cause for those problems? Why don't you work to address the problems within the black community instead of getting on defense everytime someone acknowledges those problems? Why don't you try to figure out why these teens at AS are like that and what made them that way?

Instead, you just complain. It's easier to blame the white man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta