Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 03:22 PM

2,240 posts, read 5,856,755 times

Advertisements

Does anyone else remember that place? It was on the side of the mall that faces Ashford-Dunwoody. There was also a pet store on that side, BTW. While I've been searching for good pizza joints in Dunwoody and Sandy Springs (CA Pizza Kitchen doesn't count!), I remembered this place. I remember as a kid being mesmerized by the giant projection screen TV and thinking the place was so awesome.

Secondarily, any opinions on Galla's (Dunwoody) or Hearth (Sandy Springs) for pizza?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 05:35 AM

1,123 posts, read 6,536,423 times
Hmmmm...can't help...I'm not remembering a pizza place, but I DO remember the pet shop! I also remember those weird pond/fountains by the stairs on the lower level at various places in the mall and the weird Perimeter Mall logo. I was at my mom's recently and found my sister's 1978 DHS yearbook and there were some CLASSIC mall shots in there. Re: pizza, I am boring and only get Mellow Mushroom, but I freaking love it.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:33 AM

112 posts, read 171,425 times
Wasn't it Lazolli's or something like that? It's where PHS 8th and 9th graders went after football games.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:53 AM

That's ringing a distant bell! Could be it.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:50 PM

187 posts, read 403,873 times
I wasn't born yet, but I could ask my siblings. We basically grew up at Perimeter Mall.

I think Galla's is really good, but I have only been to the one in Chamblee.

On the subject of good pizza, have you tried Dagwoods? It's probably better than Galla's. It's in Sandy Springs but has a Norcross address since its right on the border of Fulton and Gwinnett County, off of Spalding Drive where it meets Holcomb Bridge. Its in a shopping center with a Publix. Its really good and been around for 25+ years, but for some reason seems to only be known by locals living in the immediately surrounding Peachtree Corners/Dunwoody Panhandle area.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:52 PM

187 posts, read 403,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacelord75 View Post
Hmmmm...can't help...I'm not remembering a pizza place, but I DO remember the pet shop! I also remember those weird pond/fountains by the stairs on the lower level at various places in the mall and the weird Perimeter Mall logo. I was at my mom's recently and found my sister's 1978 DHS yearbook and there were some CLASSIC mall shots in there. Re: pizza, I am boring and only get Mellow Mushroom, but I freaking love it.
"The P". To this day my family refers to the front of Perimeter Mall as "the P" when we are meeting there or whatever even though that logo is long gone.

Old 03-28-2011, 03:47 PM

16,690 posts, read 29,506,412 times
Perimeter Mall - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-28-2011, 06:21 PM

2,390 posts, read 4,403,839 times
I cant help you in that area, but theres a recent pizza joint that opened up on Spring Rd in Smyrna called Lucky 13. GREAT pizza and they make it fresh per slice. New York style.

Old 03-29-2011, 05:04 AM

3,493 posts, read 7,930,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadStJudge View Post
Wasn't it Lazolli's or something like that? It's where PHS 8th and 9th graders went after football games.
Yep - Lazzoli's it was! I went to Dunwoody High and it was a popular hang-out, though not quite as popular as the pizza place in Dunwoody Village which I'm now blanking on! Help me out KirkwoodHipster! It seems like it had "Roman" in the name....

I love Hearth. The pizza's are thin, some are pretty non-conventional, but very tasty. The staff is welcoming and friendly. Very much a neighborhood feel to the place. They have one huge table that is awesome for large groups, big families...

Oh, please. Somebody help me with the name of the pizza joint in Dunwoody Village!

Old 03-29-2011, 06:41 AM

Well, now there's Mellow Mushroom of course in Dunwoody Village. Back in the day, there was a Pizza Hut where Peter's now sits. I don't remember another one, but that doesn't mean there wasn't one.

Thanks for helping me with this one! It's one of those things that drives you crazy when you can't remember it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta