Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 04:17 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,430,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathmanMathman View Post
No, we can't let ourselves accept that this is the way things can only be. If this sort of behavior is not nipped in the bud it will devolve into New York of the 1970s where people could get mugged in broad daylight while passers-by "minded their own business". The thugs cannot be allowed to be in-charge. It has to stop now and quite frankly I don't care how.

I don't think that will happen in GA. The simple reason this will not, is simple: Laxed gun laws in GA.

I tell thieves/muggers/thugs to bring it. Get shot in the process. That's the only way they'll learn.

Forget rehabilitation!! If they haven't learned from their stint in prison, this may teach them something.

Mind you, I was the type who was always in defense of banning guns in my 20s; but now, I believe in responsible/sensible gun ownership. I believe people have the right to bear arms and keep thugs where they belong. 6 feet deep. Again, I say **** em'!!

Old 04-20-2011, 04:21 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,430,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Oh nos, bring out the national guard! I knew as soon as I saw the thread title it'd end up with like 20 pages.
You know it's bound to happen.

Old 04-20-2011, 04:26 PM

13,982 posts, read 25,989,898 times
If these Delta employees were armed, what were they supposed to do with their weapons when they reported to work?

Old 04-20-2011, 04:26 PM

217 posts, read 409,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
So true. Again, watch the video. Everytime some punk decides to do something like this, and the end result is what you see in the video, maybe, just maybe, a good amount of these punks would think twice. I don't have an ounce of sympathy or compassion for these kids. Save us time, money, resources just getting shot up one by one. Harsh, but ****'em.

^^^^^^ Quick, clean retribution only works in fantasies and movies, though. Someone firing a gun on a moving train, would have probably resulted in a news story that started something like "Three people were killed and 10 injured on a MARTA train Sunday night when..." Chances are that the deaths and the injuries from gunfire, trampling and flying metal and glass wouldn't have been magically isolated to people involved in committing the crime either.

Not saying that I don't understand having that fantasy, just that it wouldn't ever really happen like that.

Old 04-20-2011, 04:30 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,510 posts, read 15,131,911 times
Lol... I thought Atlanta claimed to be far ahead of the other cities in GA when it came to race relations....

The race of the criminals seems to be more important to some people than the actual crime...

When the OP asked who raises kids like this? I already knew the thread was going downhill fast...

Old 04-20-2011, 04:36 PM

13,982 posts, read 25,989,898 times
I haven't seen anything regarding race in this thread. It just so happens that the punks in this case were black. But, punks occur in all races, as this story illustrates:

Marion teen killed: Six arrested; accused of killing, burning teen boy - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Old 04-20-2011, 04:36 PM

2,534 posts, read 2,258,935 times
When it comes to events, we park at the nearest station to the event and then take the Marta. That way the ride is shorter but its tough when you have a longer ride I guess. I think illegal drug use may be playing a huge part in these Marta crimes.

Old 04-20-2011, 04:37 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,510,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedestriAnne View Post
^^^^^^ Quick, clean retribution only works in fantasies and movies, though. Someone firing a gun on a moving train, would have probably resulted in a news story that started something like "Three people were killed and 10 injured on a MARTA train Sunday night when..." Chances are that the deaths and the injuries from gunfire, trampling and flying metal and glass wouldn't have been magically isolated to people involved in committing the crime either.

Not saying that I don't understand having that fantasy, just that it wouldn't ever really happen like that.
This occurred to me also. It also seems 'unbelievable' that utilizing public transportation would offer 'no other option' than to apply for a concealed weapons permit and to exercise the 'Right to Bear Arms'.

I'd like to hear more about the scope of the duties of MARTA police. I can't be certain but I would think that even 'Mall Cops' would be within their rights to contact local PD's if something seemed 'out of the ordinary'.

Old 04-20-2011, 05:04 PM

567 posts, read 891,530 times
Does race really matter? They are thugs period. Lets be mature and end the race component of this discussion at that.

Old 04-20-2011, 05:27 PM

151 posts, read 194,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listennow32 View Post
Does race really matter? They are thugs period.
You betcha it does. If the teens were mexican you people would be hollering to send them back to mexico.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta