Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 07:41 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,483,637 times

Advertisements

Mother-In-Law Arrested In Deadly Target Shooting - Atlanta News Story - WGCL Atlanta

Joanna Hayes---Ronald Reagan Parkway--Mother-In-Law Arrested In Deadly Target Shooting
Joanna Hayes Indicted On Murder Charge In April 26 Shooting At Target

http://www.ajc.com/news/gwinnett/mot...ed-937347.html

By all that is holy--what explanation can be given for the article written by the ajc?

Nowhere in the article are the very basic facts identified. 'F' level work --from my personal experience.

I have a theory---it sickens me to believe it--but unless a more rational explanation can be provided I will go with that. Which is of course, how life becomes so difficult in the ATL and we have more crime--over nothing at times.

To need the national networks to release the basic of news in Atlanta is highly criminal. 'each and every employee of the AJC'--terminated--maybe that would work.

Either do it well or don't do it at all---Cox broadcasting. I can only pray that lightning strikes that Empire. I will pray unceasingly--i can be that way. Those that do not serve as they should--no need for you to exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2011, 02:45 AM

217 posts, read 408,994 times
I don't understand. Which "very basic facts" did they leave out?

Yeah, CBS is a national network, but the WGCL story was done by a local affiliate's local reporter, so it's not as if someone from the Associated Press showed up here and reported the story. I also see at least two previous stories about the case on the AJC's site.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean.

Old 05-07-2011, 04:09 AM

3,573 posts, read 5,308,673 times
I'm not getting what you mean either.

The story in my interpretation is simply about the Defendant Joanna Hayes's former friend & co-worker Paul Pinzino giving his testimony about a seemingly inconsequential conversation they had a year or so ago...a conversation that may possibly assign a motive & an intent to kill on Ms. Hayes's part.

If there are any basic facts left out of this article other than the fact that it's simply recalling previous court testimony, I just don't see it.

But then again, it's been awhile since I've had college english classes, so maybe I'm somewhat rusty on understanding the dos & don'ts of prose.

Last edited by AcidSnake; 05-07-2011 at 04:48 AM..

Old 05-07-2011, 04:59 AM

ok-i'm the remedial reading teacher---'Target', which location?-->'Snellville--Ronald Reagan Pkwy'

(? a corporate entity has the power/right to protect itself--bad for business?--i think so--i really do--that corporation as anal and difficult as it can be---if i have any choice i don't darken their doors--and i've been all the way to the very top a few times at what must be a 'flagship store/North Druid Hills'--they make my life unnecessarily difficult over 'nothing'---customer service--is of no concern to them--i can tell you that small business owners are the backbone of the economy--i support them fully.)

i do not have the time to research--'previous articles. I have my own agenda---'motive'. The idea of assuming that all readers have law degrees and would automatically know? give me a break

never assume anything---those that posessed a bit of skill in writing were quite clear about that---insane about it in many cases--but what would i know, my alma mater is GSU--'a liberal school'--and i spent my time in the College of Education--look no further than boortz, to understand my perspective-whing and whang about accountability, Freedom and cherished ideals---'hate' those with different perspectives and the pot is stirred. Henry Grady---his ghost will never rest----Peggy----one thing i know is in this complex culture--'the creative' led the way --lots of troubled spirits roaming about these days---now---tell me i am 'out of my mind'---or whatever you want to say---i know what i know

be frank--whatever you do, do it well and allow for differences in opinion---That, is the American Way--lead by example. Have a Coke--that is what i do.

Last edited by TakeAhike; 05-07-2011 at 05:20 AM..

Old 05-07-2011, 05:47 AM

Maybe it's my slow southern-educated brain not doing its job, but your gratuitous use of dashes, lack of completed sentences, and unorganized paragraph structure kinda doesn't help clear up the confusion that I and others reading the original thread topic may have.

Not trying to be a prick here by the way, so don't take offense.

I genuinely want to know what it is I've missed in reading these two articles you provided.

Maybe if you could simply copy & paste the sentences and/or paragraphs in question, isolate each one with alphanumeric bullet points, doublespace if possible, and then write a completed sentenced underneath each questionable sentence or paragraph detailing your disgreement(s) accordingly.

That would definitely help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
ok-i'm the remedial reading teacher---'Target', which location?-->'Snellville--Ronald Reagan Pkwy'

(? a corporate entity has the power/right to protect itself--bad for business?--i think so--i really do--that corporation as anal and difficult as it can be---if i have any choice i don't darken their doors--and i've been all the way to the very top a few times at what must be a 'flagship store/North Druid Hills'--they make my life unnecessarily difficult over 'nothing'---customer service--is of no concern to them--i can tell you that small business owners are the backbone of the economy--i support them fully.)

i do not have the time to research--'previous articles. I have my own agenda---'motive'. The idea of assuming that all readers have law degrees and would automatically know? give me a break

never assume anything---those that posessed a bit of skill in writing were quite clear about that---insane about it in many cases--but what would i know, my alma mater is GSU--'a liberal school'--and i spent my time in the College of Education--look no further than boortz, to understand my perspective-whing and whang about accountability, Freedom and cherished ideals---'hate' those with different perspectives and the pot is stirred. Henry Grady---his ghost will never rest----Peggy----one thing i know is in this complex culture--'the creative' led the way --lots of troubled spirits roaming about these days---now---tell me i am 'out of my mind'---or whatever you want to say---i know what i know

be frank--whatever you do, do it well and allow for differences in opinion---That, is the American Way--lead by example. Have a Coke--that is what i do.

Last edited by AcidSnake; 05-07-2011 at 05:55 AM..

Old 05-07-2011, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
Maybe it's my slow southern-educated brain not doing its job, but your gratuitous use of dashes, lack of completed sentences, and unorganized paragraph structure kinda doesn't help clear up the confusion that I others reading the thread topic may have.

Not trying to being a prick here by the way, so don't take offense.

I am genuinely want to know what it is I've missed in reading these two articles you provided.
lol--you were kind--in the creative forums--all H broke lose when i started doing that---writers--liberals--women---you have to be crazy in that 'hood. lol

i am 'impaired' furious with what boortz believes is the 'only way'. I have heard too much ITP/OTP stuff---Snellville--God's people--if they don't want to acknowledge the truth--they get a pass? In the ITP--let's get very specific and blame those who are least able to change their circumstances.

this is really the only way i can clear my head--and come what may i will free myself to think critically---what i think of 'neal'---a boy, the quintessential 'Peter Pan'---i am dumping this 's'---expound.
'The Good Ol' Boys'--not always that good. some, a few--those can stay --the others can 'hit the road'--that has always been the way of the South.

YouTube - Dixie Chicks - Goodbye Earl

Last edited by TakeAhike; 05-07-2011 at 06:04 AM..

Old 05-07-2011, 06:12 AM

Yeah, you have to watch out for that "bubba" culture. It's overwhelming & omnipresent here in the south, unfortunately.

What I simply do is try to hopefully convince as many people as possible that the current "southern" way is not the only way to exist in harmony with this world. There are other ways of existing on earth that may actually prove to be more satisfying & healthy in the long run. But I am likely speaking to the choir(you) on this one.

Other than that, just "do you", as they say in the African American community.

Quote:
lol--you were kind--in the creative forums--all H broke lose when i started doing that---writers--liberals--women---you have to be crazy in that 'hood. lol

i am 'impaired' furious with what boortz believes is the 'only way'. I have heard too much ITP/OTP stuff---Snellville--God's people--if they don't want to acknowledge the truth--they get a pass? In the ITP--let's get very specific and blame those who are least able to change their circumstances.

this is really the only way i can clear my head--and come what may i will free myself to think critically---what i think of 'neal'---a boy, the quintessential 'Peter Pan'---i am dumping this 's'---expound.
'The Good Ol' Boys'--not always that good. some, a few--those can stay --the others can 'hit the road'--that has always been the way of the South.

YouTube - Dixie Chicks - Goodbye Earl

Old 05-07-2011, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
Yeah, you have to watch out for that "bubba" culture. It's overwhelming & omnipresent here in the south, unfortunately.

What I simply do is try to hopefully convince as many people as possible that the current "southern" way is not the only way to exist in harmony with this world. There are other ways of existing on earth that may actually prove to be more satisfying & healthy in the long run. But I am likely speaking to the choir(you) on this one.

Other than that, just "do you", as they say in the African American community.
spanx--that is all i needed, have ever needed, really. Becoming assimilated to the culture--well do i know how difficult that can be. So many theories by the finest minds and in my case --um a 'catastrophic disaster' which is simply unacceptable to me. I truly need to write the story--of the Briarpatch--I get started and 'have to stop', for senseless foolishness. As Commander in Chief of my own life, I have made an Executive decision. It Will Be Done and I will find the right people. 'Make Your Live a Masterpiece'---that is what They say.
fine--for those born on 911 it seems to be very challenging. If you appreciate irony---the story will knock you off your feet --ROFLMAO, indeed. Comedy or a tragedy. Olympic efforts have been made in Atlanta, and then we 'burn the city down again'. I don't suffer fools gladly.

I am one of these people--whatever you think of them--my Fate. According to the Chinese born under the sign of a rat. I'll have to find out about that, it doesn't sound too good---wish we could discuss that culture more openly. If wishes were horses, beggars would ride. Rule Britannia--God Save the Queen--pomp and circumstance, pride. There's your trouble--I am quite clear about that.
~~~
Yasir Arafat, Ingrid Bergman, Leonard Bernstein, Sean Connery, Agatha Christie, Gloria Estefan, Greta Garbo, Richard Gere, Michael Jackson, Jesse James, Stephen King, Freddie Mercury, Maria Montessori, Bruce Springsteen, Mother Teresa, Deng Xiaoping
~~~
Woodstock--troublesome people, I know. hehehe--Manchester, UK to Norcross, GA. It's been interesting.

~~~
ETA: Chinese Sign of the Rat
http://www.usbridalguide.com/special...scopes/Rat.htm

Old 05-07-2011, 10:12 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,777,542 times
Quote:
By all that is holy--what explanation can be given for the article written by the ajc?

Nowhere in the article are the very basic facts identified. 'F' level work --from my personal experience.
My experience has been that it's pretty common for news organizations to treat developing stories this way -- they just give you the latest without providing a full recap in every story. That's one place where the Internets are great -- the links give you quick access to more detail if you want it.

I tell you what does get me, however, and this may just be my personal form of brain dysfunction. Many times I'll be reading a lengthy article and I'm down on page 4 when it says "Jones claims blah-blah-blah."

But who is this Jones? I'll spend five minutes scouring back through the article trying to find out where he was first mentioned and what he's got to do with it, and sometimes I'm still stumped.

Thank goodness for CRTL+F.

Old 05-07-2011, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
My experience has been that it's pretty common for news organizations to treat developing stories this way -- they just give you the latest without providing a full recap in every story. That's one place where the Internets are great -- the links give you quick access to more detail if you want it.

I tell you what does get me, however, and this may just be my personal form of brain dysfunction. Many times I'll be reading a lengthy article and I'm down on page 4 when it says "Jones claims blah-blah-blah."

But who is this Jones? I'll spend five minutes scouring back through the article trying to find out where he was first mentioned and what he's got to do with it, and sometimes I'm still stumped.

Thank goodness for CRTL+F.

new organizations--when i click ajc.com--it means written by employee of Cox broadcasting---that is how the assimilation was done--it is too time consuming for me to click, click, click--to discover who is reporting this to the ajc. If someone wants to pay me very well--i assure you, compliments of Rutgers, my educational research skills are excellent. what i have found this week---and how long it took me to find and process a lot of fyi that should be relevant to posters curious about Atlanta, GA--i do it because i can and have 'motives' of my own. once it is in the CD archives --i can get it anytime i want it--no matter how massive. over there--on the Dark Side--each and every day my posts were deleted and censored--i will never forget. 'Freedom' by the Grace of the King of Fox News. well, i met a guy from Boston and he shared his thoughts about mr blarney stone. nothing to them--up there.

~~~~
Yes--here is a fine example. Cairo, the dog of the SEALS is a Belgian Malanois---a worker, strong, loyal, all that a SEAL would want.

Obama to bin Laden assault team: 'Job well done' *| ajc.com (http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/obama-to-bin-laden-936902.html - broken link)

3rd paragraph from the bottom---
'Obama also met Cairo, a dog used to help alert the special forces teams to hidden threats, said an official who was present and asked not to be identified to freely discuss the president's private meeting. Cairo is the only member of the raid team to be identified by name so far.

The Belgian Malinois was carried off the helicopter by a SEAL and used to scout the compound. It was unclear exactly how Cairo was used or whether it had entered the room where bin Laden died.'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta