Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 11:47 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,763,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondInfinity View Post
How is she any different than Neal Boortz, Glenn Beck or Bill O'Reilly?
I don't see any difference at all except that she uses a lot of coarse language. Surely we can respect that as just a cultural and/or personal thing.

Would anybody object if Boortz or O'Reilly talked like this? Not likely. I saw an outtake of O'Reilly blowing up off camera about 20 years ago and nobody called him ghetto.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 12:17 PM

99 posts, read 212,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
I don't see any difference at all except that she uses a lot of coarse language. Surely we can respect that as just a cultural and/or personal thing.

Would anybody object if Boortz or O'Reilly talked like this? Not likely. I saw an outtake of O'Reilly blowing up off camera about 20 years ago and nobody called him ghetto.
Que? How is using "coarse language" remotely a cultural thing? That's one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard.

Personal? Yes. Cultural?

Old 05-13-2011, 12:33 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,563,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
She disses black people because many blacks could careless about Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt.
How many white people find Rudy Ray Moore,Red Fox the same?Besides anybody who cannot discern what they should filter out and takes everything what she says to the bank is mentally unable to think for themselves.Yes there are a lot of those around but as long as people are looking for someone to tell them what to think,there will always be someone around to do it.
????Um is there an echo in here? She makes fun of blacks to entertain blacks....I said that already. its black entertainment.

Old 05-13-2011, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_X View Post
lol@this woman.

She comes across with that annoying, I know everything, my way or the highway, I can do or say anything I want, attitude. And if you dare say anything in disagreement with anything she says, it must be because you cant handle a "strong black woman."
Its all fun & games until someone gets their skull cracked open. People have family & friends that may not tolerate the bad mouthing of someone they good with, especially in the black community.

Old 05-13-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
I say this because I am married to a strong black woman, whose mother is still at 83, a strong black woman...I was raised by a strong black woman, whose mother was a strong black woman (my late grandma)

LOL...and why did I run all that together? To make a point...REAL strong black women don't carry themselves like the woman you mention, or like the poster child for mouth and attitude, ol' Nene Leakes...I have no idea who told some black women that being loud, rolling your neck, sucking your teeth, wagging your finger, and generally acting like home training is something you do to your dog, is the epitome of 'strong black womanhood'...they and the person who had the idea frankly need to shut it and keep stepping...

My mother, my grandma, and my mother in law, are all alike in that they did not take one ounce of crap from my daddy, my granddaddy, and my late father-in-law...but they had their men's backs 24/7, and woe betide anyone who f***ed with their families...they did this with a quiet strength and dignity, with love and respect, and they got the same love and respect in return from their men...I never saw or heard (at least on the Catfish side LOL) ANY of that so-called 'strong black woman' behavior that gives birth to all these modern day stereotypes...

I went a little long, sorry about that, but I just wanted to let it be known that if SHE'S a strong black woman, then we're all in trouble
Ha ha ha ha ha lol.....

Old 05-13-2011, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post

Wait....I forget any black person who has strong opinions are considered ghetto.

Continue.
Its all in presentation & delivery. Some people do enjoy her coonery, as they have a right to do so. Calling the topic starter an Unlce Tom or sellout is too easy. Black does not equal ignorant. There are a couple black racist on this forum & on this thread. White people are really not the black mans problem anymore.....they havent been an issue for a while. Plenty of black people have an opinion but how they deliver & present their individual opinion determinds if they are normal or low class ghetto.

Old 05-13-2011, 01:06 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,643,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post

I agree with almost everything you said except the cultural part. The use of bad language is never a cultural thing, but rather a personal choice! I know many African-Americans that do not use bad language at all!

Old 05-13-2011, 01:08 PM

10,743 posts, read 13,375,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondInfinity View Post
I agree with almost everything you said except the cultural part. The use of bad language is never a cultural thing, but rather a personal choice! I know many African-Americans that do not use bad language at all!
Why does "culture" have to black / white????????????

Old 05-13-2011, 01:09 PM

4,688 posts, read 8,017,508 times
This is why people think Atlanta is trash

Waffle House Wedding | Events | Gwinnett Daily Post <----------

Old 05-13-2011, 01:20 PM

859 posts, read 2,119,499 times
I don't think arjay meant culture from a racial standpoint as so much as he meant culture from shared norms, values, behavior etc. Example: Hip-Hop culture is not exclusive to african americans, just like this woman's apparent behavior, whether for show or not, is not exclusive to people of her same race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta