Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 02:57 PM

864 posts, read 1,123,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
Now this is one area that I fully agree with you on. Simply put if the two main focuses were on sealing the border and I do mean sealing it and then going after ALL employers regardless of size with extreme gusto then the problem of illegal immigration would be able to be managed. Also many of the illegals would self deport without a way to earn a living. I have never been as ardent on the illegals coming here as I am to the crooks that hire them. Problem is most of us really dont know who these companies are. I would LOVE to see some big carpet manufacture or chicken processor forced out of business in this state for hiring them. That would send a message that ALL other businesses that employ illegals would see.
I am against anything that would give companies an incentive to outsource. It's better they hire illegals and stay here then to up and leave.

Old 05-19-2011, 05:54 PM

538 posts, read 926,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post

Not "prosecutor buddies" either. Immigration crimes are a violation of U.S. Federal CIVIL Code. The less you show that you know about law the more I'm wondering about the reality of these prosecutor buddies existing.
There's an old adage that your mother obviously did not teach you: "Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." Here's a little link that will instruct you as to the criminal consequences of illegal entry into the United States. Geez, you're such a moron and seem bound and determined to let everyone know it.....LMAO at the ignorance:

8 U.S.C. § 1325 : US Code - Section 1325: Improper entry by alien

Old 05-19-2011, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
You are correct. Overstaying a visa or immigrating to this country illegally is a civil offense. Here is a source confirming such: Q&A: Inside the Immigration Debate : NPR

Admittedly, there are many in this country who wish it were a criminal offense. So call it a Freudian slip.
Please review my post to Huddleass above. Entering this country illegally is a federal crime.

Old 05-19-2011, 06:17 PM

951 posts, read 745,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northwinds View Post
There's an old adage that your mother obviously did not teach you: "Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." Here's a little link that will instruct you as to the criminal consequences of illegal entry into the United States. Geez, you're such a moron and seem bound and determined to let everyone know it.....LMAO at the ignorance:

8 U.S.C. § 1325 : US Code - Section 1325: Improper entry by alien

You want to compare track records on who's been wrong more in this thread? Grats, you finally got one right. The only cite you've shown too, coincidence?

Actually, want to quote the statement in that legalese that states it is a criminal offense?

Old 05-19-2011, 06:21 PM

Quote:
You want to compare track records on who's been wrong more in this thread? Grats, you finally got one right. The only cite you've shown too, coincidence?
Wrong again sport....remember the Wiki article about the varying studies on the number of illegals? I haven't been wrong on anything....you may not like my opinions...but on facts and the law I haven't been wrong. I mean really....you want to lecture me on immigration law and you don't even have a fundamental grasp on the subject e.g. whether illegally entering the U.S. is a crime. LOL

Old 05-19-2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Wrong again sport....remember the Wiki article about the varying studies on the number of illegals? I haven't been wrong on anything....you may not like my opinions...but on facts and the law I haven't been wrong. I mean really....you want to lecture me on immigration law and you don't even have a fundamental grasp on the subject e.g. whether illegally entering the U.S. is a crime. LOL
ORLY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by testa50 View Post
I'd love to see an example of an organization that puts the number at 25 million. Why is it so hard to find one for me?

Quote:
It also mentions the Bear Stearns study that estimates there are 20 million or more illegals.
Just thought I'd post to highlight how close to the facts you were for the lulz. Google harder maybe you can still find a study that fits your first statement of 25.

Old 05-19-2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:
ORLY?

Just thought I'd post to highlight how close to the facts you were for the lulz. Google harder maybe you can still find a study that fits your first statement of 25.
"20 million or more" could be 25 million.....everyone's guess on this number is only a guess....but we've been over this before....you're reading comprehension is just a little slow....but we all knew that.

Old 05-19-2011, 06:43 PM

Quote:
"20 million or more" could be 25 million.....everyone's guess on this number is only a guess....but we've been over this before....you're reading comprehension is just a little slow....but we all knew that.

Yeah, I mean you should have just said 75 million. That study backs that claim as well amirite?

Some epic grasping at straws going on here, just to try to prove you've made one other factual statement itt rofl.

Quote:
Actually, want to quote the statement in that legalese that states it is a criminal offense?

Old 05-19-2011, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I mean you should have just said 75 million. That study backs that claim as well amirite?

Some epic grasping at straws going on here, just to try to prove you've made one other factual statement itt rofl.
There's a huge difference between not knowing the law (you) but acting like you do (you) when the law is quite clear.... and estimating how many illegal aliens there are in the U.S. which is not clear to anyone (you and me)......so unclear in fact that two studies are nine million illegals apart.....think about it for a minute and it will become clear to you....well, maybe not a minute but a day or so...LOL

Old 05-19-2011, 06:49 PM

Quote:
There's a huge difference between not knowing the law (you) but acting like you do (you) when the law is quite clear.... and estimating how many illegal aliens there are in the U.S. which is not clear to anyone (you and me)......so unclear in fact that two studies are nine million illegals apart.....think about it for a minute and it will become clear to you....well, maybe not a minute but a day or so...LOL

Quote:
Waiting, enlighten us please. You being right doesn't really matter as this is just yet another red herring while you ignore serious questions like why don't you want the Mexicans working in this country. I mean, there are no white gangs amirite? rofl The fact you keep insulting others while being consistently wrong is mildly entertaining I must say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta