Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 07:29 AM

1,123 posts, read 6,538,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
...racist.

I love when someone basically describes facts they can be called a racist...have you seriously never heard of the term "white flight"??? Any Lilburndude's description is spot on. What has absolutely KILLED some of these areas of Gwinnett county have been people buying houses and renting them out to people who do not care about their community (be it black, white, hispanic, etc.) and letting the property itself go to crap. What then ends up happening is property values decline, school systems suffer and the existing people decide they either need to move futher out (ie, Suwanee, Dacula, etc.) or actually move back in-town to nicer parts of Atlanta.

Look - you can disagree with the motives of the people doing these things but facts are facts, and smearing the guy who is simply describing it is ignorant and reactionary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2007, 08:43 AM

109 posts, read 485,512 times
Taking a break from the racist debate. Lilburn is still plenty nice although there are pockets that are (relatively speaking) not as nice or expensive. My suggestion would be to entertain the idea of private school and capitalize on some of the bargain homes that can be had near the Lilburn area.

Otherwise you are looking at roughly a 1 hour car commute or a 1 hr 30 min park n ride.

Old 12-27-2007, 11:23 AM

8 posts, read 12,104 times
I'm not racist, I hate everyone... Just joking. I agree that Lilburn is still a good place to live but the reputation of being the best doesn't hold water any longer. As I stated earlier, I live here and I would really like to stay but crime is really on the increase. Earlier this year, a person was mugged at the park. Last night a family was upducted and driven to Buckhead while their child was being held by the thugs.

These things were unheard of a few years ago. You can't leave you car doors unlocked or leave anything in the yard that has any value because the following morning it will be gone... It's getting insane!

Lilburn, Parkview, Trickum, and Camp Creek have been good to me and I will always have a spot in my heart for the area but facts are facts. Specificially, The Mtn Park area is on the decline.

If I was about to make a 200k to 600k investment, the "White Flight" issue would be important to me.

Last edited by LilburnDude; 12-27-2007 at 11:32 AM..

Old 01-22-2008, 04:08 PM

1 posts, read 2,639 times
Default Commute

I traveled from Parkview area to downtown near Peachtree center at 8:30 going in returning at 6pm going by way of Ponce & highway 78 usually a 35 min drive each way. Love the area schools are great.

Jack Taylor

Hello everyone,

I am considering moving to the Parkview area of lilburn and will be working in the downtown area. Does anyone have an estimate of howlong it would take to get from this area to downtown during rush hour traffic in both the a.m and p.m? I am considering this area or central- to east cobb area with a good school system. I am favoring Lilburn as my mom lives there. However my priorities are a mix of somehat affordable housing, travel time and then school system. If you could reccomend a better area meeting these prioroties please reccomend away.[/quote]

Old 10-25-2008, 08:32 PM

276 posts, read 1,127,664 times
I think its a great area...I am white and I am perfectly comfortable with the mix's of races. I do not have issue with it at school, work or home. Neighbors are friendly, schools are high quality and lifestyle pleasant and not STUFFY.
Lilburn is a great place to live work and raise a family ..IMHO

Old 10-26-2008, 11:22 AM

1,262 posts, read 2,974,801 times
I live on the Lilburn side of Lawrenceville, in the Brookwood school district. It's a great area, and I know that this side of Lilburn is also really great. It's definetely a racial mix, but generally a good one....just my thoughts.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:21 AM

167 posts, read 769,572 times
I have white friends that live in Lilburn (Parkview area) and they said they love it there...they wouldn't move due to diversity. Actually, I can't think of anyplace where it's safe to leave your doors or cars unlocked.

Old 09-27-2013, 11:39 AM

1 posts, read 1,182 times
Yeah - Parkview's scores only remain high because of a decent percentage of Asians. Go to Forsyth or Northern Gwinnett if you want a safe high school with good grades.

Redan was a great school in the mid 1980's . Now it is a crime filled neighborhood and is basically a laboratory for future criminals. Parkview is about 10 years away from that.

Old 09-27-2013, 09:46 PM
Box

382 posts, read 661,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceandrive View Post
Yeah - Parkview's scores only remain high because of a decent percentage of Asians. Go to Forsyth or Northern Gwinnett if you want a safe high school with good grades.

Redan was a great school in the mid 1980's . Now it is a crime filled neighborhood and is basically a laboratory for future criminals. Parkview is about 10 years away from that.
lol I swear some of you people are just sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta