Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2011, 11:57 PM

12 posts, read 14,532 times

Advertisements

How bad would the drive be from Fulton Industrial Blvd, West I-20 to East Atlanta if i work third shift? We are moving from Tennessee and have found that East Atlanta has a lot more to offer than West Atlanta, so i was wondering how much more difficult would it be to cross over the 75/85 connector to get to somewhere like Kirkwood or Edgewood?
Also if it is a lot worse of a drive to go over the 75/85 connector, where would a decent place be located west of the city. I don't hear much about Washington Park, Vine City, or anything in that area. We are in our mid-20's and want to live in a somewhat safe place but can't afford to live North of the city which seems to be the safest place. I will be working on Fulton Industrial but would like to be somewhat close to the city so we are closer to more things to do. I need all the info i can get. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2011, 05:29 AM

3,711 posts, read 5,990,168 times
Not a bad commute at all. Crossing straight over the Connector on 20 isn't normally the issue. The problem is if you need to go northbound on the Connector from 20--basically all those lanes bottleneck down into roughly one lane. Just stay in the left lane on 20 and it should be smooth sailing.

The 20/285 interchange is probably more of an issue, but there's nothing you can do about that.

I'm not sure any westside areas fit your need. Maybe Castleberry Hill, which is basically downtown.

Old 11-18-2011, 07:54 AM

16,706 posts, read 29,537,876 times
Just straight across I-20...not bad at all.

Old 11-18-2011, 03:31 PM

12 posts, read 14,532 times
ok awesome. I just wasn't sure how bad I-20 could get. I'm guessing the place to stay way from is 75/85 as much as possible. Are there places on the East side to ride your bike or walk to? Can anyone tell me where a good neighborhood would be that's reasonably priced and maybe has a grocery store or market within riding or walking distance? I'm from an area where everything is close together and I love that aspect. I realize it is more expensive to how those perks but i know not everything in atlanta has money...right? I appreciate the info!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: