Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2012, 03:07 AM

151 posts, read 366,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcooked_Oatmeal View Post
^^Georgia is no panacea for pedophiles or child-killers. Besides, I'm referring to an event that occurred 30 years ago, not now.

If anything, it's FLORIDA to the south that seems to be pedophile and sex offender central. All those theme parks, beaches, and families on vacation make it a veritable smorgasbord for kid-touchers. Child trafficking seems to happen there a lot too.
florida, especially in the backwoods hick parts that make up the majority of the state, is like the inbred brother of georgia. they have the same problems, and are basically the same atavistic, primitive redneck bastion. and its not a racial thing,its cultural when i say redneck. these are the people like ottis toole from florida,and henry lee lucas (who also spent time in douglasville) who think its ok to marry their 15 year old cousin.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 09:29 AM

714 posts, read 813,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
^^^^ You're screen name may be OVERCOOKED OATMEAL but there's nothing OVERCOOKED about your posts on C-D! I'm impressed with all of your posts, but especially with your ability to respond calmly, fairly, accurately and succinctly to an undeserving moron troll like the one above! BRAVO! And stick around! We need more of you on C-D!
I'm amazed by the way you viciously assault other posters (i.e., undeserving moron troll) and receive no penalty. I thought personal attacks were barred on C-D.

Regardless, it seems no opinion divergent from your own is permissible because any and all such opinions, according to you, are issued by morons. This "analysis" of yours is, of course, well founded on your deep study and thorough investigation of each subject, from which only your conclusion has validity. Indeed. Your embrace of diversity is therefore accorded the respect it is due.

Old 02-17-2012, 01:40 AM

13,709 posts, read 21,911,741 times
LET'S BE CLEAR FOLKS: Atlanta does not hold a monopoly on crime. Do you people ever travel? Do you read the papers and watch the national news? Do you know how many people get shot and killed in Chicago EVERY SINGLE DAY? Or New Orleans? Or St Louis?

AND ANOTHER THING: Leave it to image-conscious Atlanta to be the only city still worried about the consequences of a series of serial murders 30 years later! Does Chicago still talk about John Wayne Gacy? Minneapolis, Jeffrey Dahmer? New York, Son of Sam? OK well maybe they do ... but not about the negatives that till prevail today and what people think and oh no maybe they didnt really do it!

Last edited by Newsboy; 02-17-2012 at 01:51 AM..

Old 02-17-2012, 11:33 AM

11,334 posts, read 26,076,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
LET'S BE CLEAR FOLKS: Atlanta does not hold a monopoly on crime. Do you people ever travel? Do you read the papers and watch the national news? Do you know how many people get shot and killed in Chicago EVERY SINGLE DAY? Or New Orleans? Or St Louis?
It's true that some other cities similar to Atlanta have relatively high crime, tho Chicago is considerable larger.

However, not all cities of Atlanta's size experience this. That shows that Atlanta has room to grow. That's all I've been saying. There is room for improvement, and settling for the status quo is essentially giving up in my eyes.

Quote:
AND ANOTHER THING: Leave it to image-conscious Atlanta to be the only city still worried about the consequences of a series of serial murders 30 years later! Does Chicago still talk about John Wayne Gacy? Minneapolis, Jeffrey Dahmer? New York, Son of Sam? OK well maybe they do ... but not about the negatives that till prevail today and what people think and oh no maybe they didnt really do it!
What does Minneapolis have to do with Jeffery Dahmer (who committed his crimes 350 miles away in various towns in eastern Wisconsin)?

Old 11-21-2013, 02:40 PM

1 posts, read 1,776 times
Wayne Williams did not kill them. The killings did not stop once he was arrested. They just stopped counting. This was a huge child sex ring including Maynard Jackson, a local business man that lived on metropolitan (the real killer) and many, many others. Wayne Williams was railroaded because police/news had enough of him pretending to be the police, getting to the scenes first and selling his videos to news stations. He had also started a radio station and had lied about being politically affiliated to a lot of ppl, he was an easy target. Especially since he started doing talent searches for a label he started looking for kids 13-21. Several kids told the police about the sex-ring and that the man lived on Stewart avenue (now Metropolitan) directly across from the teenage hangout spot and that he was wealthy. He was paying young, black, impoverished youths to do all types of disgusting acts and because he was well connected along with all the other participants, Wayne got charged for their crimes. The parents of the victims know the truth, the FBI knows the truth and so do those parent's lawyers. If you look deep enough you can find all of this, even witness testimony. This like most events in our country's history was dark, sad and covered up.

Old 11-21-2013, 03:13 PM

10,743 posts, read 13,377,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoOracle View Post
Wayne Williams did not kill them. The killings did not stop once he was arrested. They just stopped counting. This was a huge child sex ring including Maynard Jackson, a local business man that lived on metropolitan (the real killer) and many, many others. Wayne Williams was railroaded because police/news had enough of him pretending to be the police, getting to the scenes first and selling his videos to news stations. He had also started a radio station and had lied about being politically affiliated to a lot of ppl, he was an easy target. Especially since he started doing talent searches for a label he started looking for kids 13-21. Several kids told the police about the sex-ring and that the man lived on Stewart avenue (now Metropolitan) directly across from the teenage hangout spot and that he was wealthy. He was paying young, black, impoverished youths to do all types of disgusting acts and because he was well connected along with all the other participants, Wayne got charged for their crimes. The parents of the victims know the truth, the FBI knows the truth and so do those parent's lawyers. If you look deep enough you can find all of this, even witness testimony. This like most events in our country's history was dark, sad and covered up.
Maynard Jackson, as in the mayor?

Old 11-22-2013, 06:12 AM

665 posts, read 628,192 times
Wasn't Wayne Williams tried and convicted of killing two ADULT men and sentenced to life? If I'm not mistaken, he was never formally indicted or tried for ever killing any child/ren. He was only accused by police in the media as being a child killer.

Old 11-22-2013, 08:07 AM

2,306 posts, read 2,992,844 times
I was a child in an APS elementary school at the time, and it was terrifying for us children. We pretty much were taught about safety all day long, and classmates would come to school and say "my cousin disappeared" etc. Everyone was one or two degrees away from a victim. It impacted all of us deeply, male/female, white/black...as our teachers didn't want to specify that the killer was selecting black males, as it would have made those boys even more afraid, and the safety lessons were good for all of us.

I happen to think WW killed the majority. He was pretty much caught red-handed, throwing a black garbage bag over a bridge. . . fiber evidence. . .He also fits the profile of a serial killer--a very intelligent loner w/ inflated ideas of his own grandeur who lived in the area. Not that that is enough to prove guilt, but it seems to click, if you ask me. Of course, any black child who disappeared at the time was lumped together with the others and it is possible some deaths were unrelated.

Old 06-21-2016, 03:46 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,521,296 times
Quote:
Didn't the murders continue after Williams was arrested and jailed? I've heard everything from the murders being a part of pedophile/child trafficking ring or a satanic cult ritual or the KKK going around killing kids.
Sometimes I think Wayne Williams dad was in on it. Im also curious of the murders continued after Williams was locked up.

Old 06-21-2016, 03:49 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,521,296 times
Quote:
Thanks for at least being helpful. I am googling information, but I did want to get perspectives and information from people in Atlanta too.
Those are best perspectives to get from my opinion. Locals who were around during the heat of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta