Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2012, 07:03 PM

149 posts, read 280,618 times

Advertisements

Yesterday I was driving along Parson's rd and saw one new SD coming up. Anyone has any idea who is building? any details? I find the schools in the area are one of the best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2012, 09:43 PM

957 posts, read 3,357,567 times
Ridesmart, what are the intersection ( Parson and ? ). I know there is a new subdivision that is just about to build which feeds into Northview HS

I had a pretty good idea who the builder would be 2 years ago that empty parcel of land in Johns Creek. Peachtree Residential was bidding against this builder for this

Are you thinking of The Enclave of Johns Creek off of Morton Road? there are only three homes left in this subdivision. Since the average age of the homes in Johns Creek are built in 1994, any new construction should be high in demand, especially if the subdivsion is zoned for the #1 Public high school in the state: Northview High.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:01 PM

957 posts, read 3,357,567 times
My guess is that any new construction in Johns Creek within the Northview cluster will be priced in the $400k. The cheapest new construction was the Gates which is now sold out. Prices starts in the mid $200 and the last home sold in the low $300s. Madision Park opened in the mid $300s and the last home sold in the high $300k.

Yes, I am having some regrets that i did not buy an investment property in the Gates in 2010. Any real estate within the Northview Cluster is going to be very desirable in the next 5-7 years. It is funny... every Atlanta real estate agents laughs at me when i tell them that I think that homes in this area will double in value in the next 10 years. They say, "MrPanda this is the south, not southern california. I've lived here for 30 years and i have only seen appreciation of only 3-4%/year even during the boom. My reply is, " I guess you think the past will repeat in the future?"

Old 03-29-2012, 11:24 AM

2,218 posts, read 4,372,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpanda View Post
They say, "MrPanda this is the south, not southern california. I've lived here for 30 years and i have only seen appreciation of only 3-4%/year even during the boom. My reply is, " I guess you think the past will repeat in the future?"
"They" have their facts wrong. We sold our Johns Creek house after (during?) the real estate crash and still made a return on it that exceeded 5% a year (from 1996 to 2009). Had we sold just before the crash we would have been close to 7.5%.

Old 04-01-2012, 05:10 PM

149 posts, read 280,618 times
More details:
It is called Stone grove overlook byashtonwoodshomes
A 22 house community and very hilly. Any idea about the price renge?

Old 04-01-2012, 06:14 PM

2,118 posts, read 6,377,507 times
Billl, if you made money from selling your home, it's probably because the area isn't flooded with new home subd's. Around the time I bought my house in another area, I looked at one in what is now incorporated JC and although it was a little less house for the money, I would probably have an easier time selling.

Location location location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: