Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 08:04 AM

390 posts, read 907,390 times

Advertisements

I hope the new speed limit signs are equipped with long lasting LED technology. I've seen these variable message signs elsewhere (thinking NJ Turnpike's old signs) and half of things are burned out and you can't decipher them. Maintaining the signs will be an important part of this project.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2014, 07:23 PM

3,615 posts, read 7,778,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
Yea, he is wrong.
Yep, traffic control systems for the sake of producing revenue generation are illegal in Georgia, thankfully. Plus, as a state, people are very tax-averse here and they consider all forms of revenue-collection taxation, not just standard income and sales tax.

Those may be cameras to measure speed/flow, but they would be purely for the sake of helping set the speeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondInfinity View Post
You are incorrect. The "contraptions" being setup on the median are electronic variable speed limit signs (Variable speed limit signs to go up on I-285 | www.ajc.com). GDOT will be able to raise or lower the speed limit depending on congestion.
Ahh, there we go.

Old 09-21-2014, 07:26 PM

3,615 posts, read 7,778,928 times
Now, here's hoping that the speed limit on E-W Connector from Hurt Rd to Fontaine Rd is increased to 55mph, especially since everyone does 60-70 (as do I, except around corners where I can't see what's hiding on the other side). Apparently, the state will review that some time in the next few years.

Edit: Correction - Hicks Rd

Last edited by netdragon; 09-21-2014 at 08:49 PM..

Old 09-21-2014, 08:35 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,711,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netdragon View Post
Now, here's hoping that the speed limit on E-W Connector from Hurt Rd to Fontaine Rd is increased to 55mph, especially since everyone does 60-70 (as do I, except around corners where I can't see what's hiding on the other side). Apparently, the state will review that some time in the next few years.
Cobb seems to enjoy that area to write tickets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: