Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 03:23 PM

4,688 posts, read 8,023,100 times

Advertisements

Express bus operator Megabus is adding more routes from Atlanta, launching service to New Orleans and to Athens this year. Megabus, which launched service in Atlanta last November with routes to 11 cities, also debuted double-decker buses on some of its service in Atlanta on Tuesday. The bus operator first launched its service in 2006 in Chicago and is a subsidiary of Coach USA.

Starting Feb. 29, the company will launch three daily departures from Athens, a nonstop route that will take an hour and 40 minutes from the Megabus stop at the street level of the MARTA Civic Center station, according to Megabus director Bryony Chamberlain.

Starting April 2, Megabus will operate two daily departures to New Orleans. That route includes stops in Mobile and Montgomery and will take a total of 8 hours and 45 minutes, Chamberlain said.

Fares range from $1 to $44 each way to New Orleans, and from $1 to $13 each way to Athens, depending on when tickets are purchased.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2012, 10:28 PM

749 posts, read 887,359 times
Great news! I just came back from a trip out to New Orleans. It would have been great to take megabus instead.

Old 02-22-2012, 12:05 AM

9,008 posts, read 14,062,786 times
Has anybody ridden Megabus yet?

Last I heard on here, they weren't using the big double decker buses from Atlanta yet.

It sounds like a great deal, but I can also see myself sitting in a Greyhound style bus for almost 9 hours doing nothing but kicking myself that I didn't pony up the extra cash to fly.

Old 02-22-2012, 12:28 AM

444 posts, read 703,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post

Last I heard on here, they weren't using the big double decker buses from Atlanta yet.

It sounds like a great deal, but I can also see myself sitting in a Greyhound style bus for almost 9 hours doing nothing but kicking myself that I didn't pony up the extra cash to fly.
I've ridden the Megabus roundtrip from New York to Philly and let me tell you, it's more upscale than Greyhound. The ride was smooth and quick. The buses are very clean, comfortable and they have outlets for your gadgets. Also, the clientele seemed much more diverse socio-economically. I had no complaints and would gladly take it again. I can't say the same about Greyhound.

Old 02-22-2012, 06:38 AM

8,486 posts, read 15,004,545 times
Quote:

They are now as I just saw a double decker roll down the street last week. I don't know how many though.

Old 02-22-2012, 10:00 AM

725 posts, read 1,279,770 times
Still no savannah

Old 02-22-2012, 10:37 AM

Quote:

They have wi-fi connections on the bus

Old 03-09-2012, 01:15 PM

Could you all go to the Megabus site and email the company and ask them to add routes to Savannah, Myrtle Beach and/or Panama City Beach. Thanks!

http://us.megabus.com/ContactUs.aspx

Old 03-10-2012, 02:05 PM

567 posts, read 890,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
could you all go to the megabus site and email the company and ask them to add routes to savannah, myrtle beach and/or panama city beach. Thanks!

http://us.megabus.com/contactus.aspx
lol pcb

Old 03-10-2012, 05:13 PM

1,709 posts, read 3,426,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
Starting April 2, Megabus will operate two daily departures to New Orleans. That route includes stops in Mobile and Montgomery and will take a total of 8 hours and 45 minutes, Chamberlain said.
No stop in Biloxi = Baffling. That is a big destination for ATL residents. Largest and closest full scale gambling, no?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta