Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2012, 05:59 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,412,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
Quite honestly I don't think that the gay movement is bully anyone as much as it it is the mainstream media(CNN, FOX, ABC, CNBC, CBS and their various smaller affiliates) taking a story and simply looping it over and over and over again ad nauseam.

Our America media truly is garbage. The "information" they provide is akin to mental junk food.
Completely agree, but it's our fault as much as theirs. They do that because they've found that overly sensationalized pop culture/crap news gets higher ratings than factual, unbiased informative reporting.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:01 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,567,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
No minority receiving unequal treatment has ever gotten equality in this country by just letting things be.
Unequal treatment? Gays have more money than everyone else, they could create their own place to eat & franchise it. Trying to socially bully people into co signing their beliefs is wrong. Just be gay & chill.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:03 PM

1,388 posts, read 2,257,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
I do not support their stand for ugly redheads. Wendy's lost my business years ago.
OK, that was funny.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Unequal treatment? Gays have more money than everyone else, they could create their own place to eat & franchise it. Trying to socially bully people into co signing their beliefs is wrong. Just be gay & chill.
The idea that every gay person is rich could not be further from the truth.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:08 PM

2,374 posts, read 2,762,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
Beliefs? They spend millions of dollars on bigotry related organizations.
All because Cathy can't quite grasp that his view of whatever his religious belief on his religion's view of marriage has nothing to do with the civil (state) marriage. Seriously and now this circus because he is so "Christian"

That's not Christianity and frankly nobody do devout would dedicate a business that reponsible for so much heart disease and diabetes and profits off of children whose diabetes is skyrocketing...

yeah, "Christian"

LOL, oh good grief.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:11 PM

1,250 posts, read 1,885,453 times
Antoine Dobson doesn't seem to care. His opinion on Chick-Fil-A.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:12 PM

13 posts, read 17,454 times
Great time with very friendly people at the ChickFilA. I just love being around Christians

Old 08-01-2012, 06:13 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,567,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
It totally boggles my mind how a black man can make a statement like that.

"Not everyone is going to like black people and black people need to learn to deal with that."

Now that would be an incindiary statement to make.
But the truth is the truth many people hate blacks, many people hate whites, many people hate women & many people hate gays. You do what you can, it is what it is, people feel how they fell & all humans have the right to feel how they feel. Are you trying to make me agree with you? Is this a debate? Let me know because I'm pretty bullheaded about the subject so let me know how much back & forth you are willing to do.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:14 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,310,733 times
I'm still gonna eat Chick-Fil-A sandwiches. People make Dan Cathy out to be some demon, but it ain't like he's deceased Governor Lester Maddox who was known for chasing black people out of his Pickrick restaurant with an axe handle.

Chick-Fil-A has been a staple of mines for as long as I can remember. And Dan Cathy has a well known reputation for treating his employees a whole heck of a lot better than the typical fast-food restaurants. He also ensures that the customers have a great experience; and then there's the reality that owning a Chick-Fil-A franchise is almost guaranteed profit-maker.

There's more pros for me to liking Chick-Fil-A than there are cons. But I'm not hating on the kiss-in protest by the LGBT crowd. Protesting is as American as owning a rifle, I'd say.

But the LGBT folks may have an uphill battle here, I would think.

I wonder if they are willing to see this protest through to the very end

Last edited by AcidSnake; 08-01-2012 at 06:29 PM..

Old 08-01-2012, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisianaLagniappe View Post
Great time with very friendly people at the ChickFilA. I just love being around Christians
I'm cool with Christians, as long as they aren't the kind that want to undermine science education in our schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta