Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 01:13 AM

32,026 posts, read 36,788,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
LOL, they could build the Falcons a new retractable roof stadium, refurbish the mall and build a new Marta Rail extension to Dacula for that.

Well maybe not, I think it costs a billion a mile to build a Marta extension....
That, plus it takes at least a billion to keep a pro football team happy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2012, 06:45 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,866,786 times
Quote:
One thing they should do is make it easier/safer to walk from Lennox to Phipps.
Peachtree Road is currently get a renovated. Included is better, upgrade pedestrian facilities. One way to help the walk would be to get rid of the sea of asphalt between Lenox and Peachtree Roads. If there was some type of infill at the corner of the intersection that didn't force people to walk thru the parking lots it would help to facilitate walking between the two.

Old 10-30-2012, 03:57 PM

2,406 posts, read 3,351,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Well maybe not, I think it costs a billion a mile to build a Marta extension....
Nope. A billion would've gotten us about 5 miles of light rail and only 15,000 trips daily. Regardless, that was a horrible investment that the people saw right through.

Old 10-31-2012, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Nope. A billion would've gotten us about 5 miles of light rail and only 15,000 trips daily. Regardless, that was a horrible investment that the people saw right through
Let that dead horse go, you and the other citizens of Cobb County do not have to pay of the project. The citizens of Fulton, DeKalb, and Atlanta will pay for the project, with matching federal funds.

Old 10-31-2012, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Let that dead horse go, you and the other citizens of Cobb County do not have to pay of the project. The citizens of Fulton, DeKalb, and Atlanta will pay for the project, with matching federal funds.
Fulton and Dekalb, masters of getting their government cheese.

Free money!?! Fulton and Dekalb are in.

Old 10-31-2012, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Free money!?! Fulton and Dekalb are in.
Every county is trying to get federal dollars, eg: I-75/575 HOT Lanes! This ain't the free Obama Phones!

Old 10-31-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Every county is trying to get federal dollars, eg: I-75/575 HOT Lanes! This ain't the free Obama Phones!
Doesn't matter where/who the project is for. Either way is an assault on the Constitution and the framework of government our founder's established.

The federal government should not be involved in this spending. This should be strictly business of the state and local government. Why on earth should Washington DC be spending this money? I'd gladly pay higher state taxes to lower federal tax rates if that is what it takes. It is absurd how much power has drifted away from the states to DC.

Old 10-31-2012, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Doesn't matter where/who the project is for. Either way is an assault on the Constitution and the framework of government our founder's established.

The federal government should not be involved in this spending. This should be strictly business of the state and local government. Why on earth should Washington DC be spending this money? I'd gladly pay higher state taxes to lower federal tax rates if that is what it takes. It is absurd how much power has drifted away from the states to DC.
I ain't touching this, its getting too far away from the OP and I don't want big daddy Gregg getting me!

Old 10-31-2012, 10:26 AM

4,843 posts, read 6,103,982 times
What? The federal government created the freakin Interstate Highway System itself. The federal government is helping with the funding for Interstate improvements how shocking!!! Right now the federal government is going to help deepen the Savannah river I guess this is an assault on the Constitution and the framework of government our founder's established also. )

The funny things is the Constitution was created as a roll back of state power because a lack of federal power under the articles of confederation ironically. Anyways cqholt right this thread isn't about the role of government.

Old 11-01-2012, 08:18 AM

1,250 posts, read 1,885,453 times
Wait, the government is paying for mall renovations? What the heck?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta