Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 03:29 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,908,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
Right but has Comcast released a statement about this or no?
Not yet!!! But it is true.. call comcast yourself and ask
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2012, 07:01 PM

403 posts, read 619,041 times
If you can't afford to pay the bill don't buy the service. Good grief...

Old 11-30-2012, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteATL41 View Post
If you can't afford to pay the bill don't buy the service. Good grief...

What I Have notice about alot of people is that The pay for what they want to pay for. Alot of the customers feel like cable and internet should only be 40 dollars lol they Spend money to get all these HD tvs but yet dont want to invest in getting a HD box when they have cable How silly or better yet They have Ipads Xbox Mac computers but only want to spend 19.99 for internet lol.. Well one of my friends works for comcast and I have his free service because he cant get comcast where he lives I havent paid a cable bill in about a year

Old 11-30-2012, 11:14 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
If you don't have kids the solution is simple, go cable free. I did so a while ago and don't miss it at all. $20 a month for internet and I stream everything I used to watch on tv.
Why would you need cable just because you have kids? And FWIW, I get quite a few channels with just my HDTV which brings me to this....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
What I Have notice about alot of people is that The pay for what they want to pay for. Alot of the customers feel like cable and internet should only be 40 dollars lol they Spend money to get all these HD tvs but yet dont want to invest in getting a HD box when they have cable How silly or better yet They have Ipads Xbox Mac computers but only want to spend 19.99 for internet lol.. Well one of my friends works for comcast and I have his free service because he cant get comcast where he lives I havent paid a cable bill in about a year
I have a big screen HDTV. I also have a blueray player that streams Netflix so I watch a lot of movies on Netflix on my big screen. Practically all of the digital channels that will come through on my TV, I get about 30 channels, I only watch maybe half of them, but the ones I watch, except one, are all in high definition so I get the most out of my big screens.

I also only pay $19.99 a month for internet with AT&T. I have never had an issue with the speed and I have one of the lowest AT&T offers. I used to have the highest when I worked from home, but really there isn't much of a difference between what I had then and what I have now or what we have at my job, which is Comcast HSI. I think that that will only matter to people who have to download/upload a lot of things and since I only use the web for basic surfing and for a wi-fi connection for my Netflix, I don't have any issues with the speed.

You don't have to spend more than $19.99 a month for internet. I honestly feel I should pay less for it, but $19.99 is not too bad. It used to be $14.99 until a year or so ago, for the same service, but AT&T raised the price.

I hate both Comcast and AT&T. I worked for both companies before and just think they are pretty crappy in general. Comcast is WAY too expensive and I cannot believe people actually pay for their TV services. $100 a month for cable is just ridiculous. And the whole kid thing is ridiculous too. I remember when I worked for them when I was in college and people would call me (I was a CSR) and beg me to turn their cable on so their kids could watch TV because "what are the kids going to do??" They would be near tears and very dramatic. And I actually got in trouble once for telling them that the kids could read or go play outside lol. That is what my kids do. They also watch PBS. There is a free channel called PBS Kids that plays kids programming all day so if they want to watch cartoons, they are available and most of them won't be about idiotic topics like burping or other bodily functions.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:10 AM

2,047 posts, read 4,618,588 times
I don't get why kids need cable, either. We have an antenna. We get PBS and Qubo. I actually like Qubo better than channels like Disney and Nickelodeon because they don't have so many commercials full of crap my kids don't need. My son can only watch TV or play video games on the weekend, and usually we're so busy we never turn it on. Sometimes we'll let him stream a kid's movie or show off Netflix or Mazon. We get free movies on Amazon because we're Prime members. We've been ithout cable for two years and the only thing we missed last year was the bowl games on ESPN. I think we're paying too much for internet snd I'm goingbto look into this 19.99 deal, but we have a wireless router and do need high speed for streaming through our PS3.

Old 12-01-2012, 12:22 PM

In todays society Tv is the babysitter when parents dont feel like being bothered with there kids

Old 12-01-2012, 01:53 PM

2,047 posts, read 4,618,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
In todays society Tv is the babysitter when parents dont feel like being bothered with there kids
That's what outside is for, and it's free.

Old 12-01-2012, 03:50 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,824,973 times
The point I was trying to make is that Comcast is removing a feature that is very helpful to people like me and I'm sure others. I don't have the cable package or whatever, just internet because that's all I need.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta