Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2012, 11:00 AM

4 posts, read 8,298 times

Advertisements

Hello me and my family will be moving to the GA area in 2mos my husband is a native from the Columbus, Ft Benning area, we don't really wanna move back there want to move to the outskirts of ATL NW Georgia preferrable. I've been looking into the Marietta, Smyrna, Douglasville, Stone Mtn, Lithia Springs, Lithonia, Union City and some other areas it really doesn't matter if we're 30mins- 1hr away from ATL. I have 2 middle schooler so a good school is a must, nice family friendly neighborhoods where rentals are reasonable, Were in a small town now near MD I know crimes everywhere but I don't want to move to a place where I gotta watch my back every min of the day either, need some where near shopping, businesses and not to far from hospitals or airport. Can anyone help me out any INFORMATION is appreciative thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2012, 11:22 AM

16,697 posts, read 29,515,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lspicy35 View Post
Hello me and my family will be moving to the GA area in 2mos my husband is a native from the Columbus, Ft Benning area, we don't really wanna move back there want to move to the outskirts of ATL NW Georgia preferrable. I've been looking into the Marietta, Smyrna, Douglasville, Stone Mtn, Lithia Springs, Lithonia, Union City and some other areas it really doesn't matter if we're 30mins- 1hr away from ATL. I have 2 middle schooler so a good school is a must, nice family friendly neighborhoods where rentals are reasonable, Were in a small town now near MD I know crimes everywhere but I don't want to move to a place where I gotta watch my back every min of the day either, need some where near shopping, businesses and not to far from hospitals or airport. Can anyone help me out any INFORMATION is appreciative thanks.

Where will you and/or your husband be working?

Old 12-27-2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:

Moreover--

Go to the link below:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/atlan...ead-first.html

Fill it out, and then re-post your answers in this thread you have started. People will then be able to help you.

Good Luck!

Old 12-27-2012, 11:40 AM

Well I have a Government background been getting offers fom ATL & it's sorrounding areas, my husband does alot of construction plus he'll be moving his business to GA so job wise wouldn't be a problem I don't mind the commute as long as it isn't a long time consuming one.

Old 12-27-2012, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Moreover--

Go to the link below:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/atlan...ead-first.html

Fill it out, and then re-post your answers in this thread you have started. People will then be able to help you.

Good Luck!

Click on the link above, and fill out the answers. And then post your answers (with questions/prompts) in this thread.

Old 12-27-2012, 01:56 PM

7,582 posts, read 10,769,325 times
Quote:
I don't mind the commute as long as it isn't a long time consuming one.
The reason people ask where you might be commuting to is it matters to where people recommend.

Atlanta grew up fast and didn't develop a rounded commuter transit system in the suburbs. We have worked around alot of the problems, but we did so be encouraging more traditional downtown jobs to locate in the suburbs. Compared to other cities our size, we are much more of a multi-nodal city. However, during rush hour you can't everywhere from anywhere. Many of the nicest growing areas don't even have a good commute downtown, because they are so far out. However, they have great access to high paying suburban office jobs.

Generally speaking the nicest schools will be in Cobb, Gwinnett, Cherokee, Forysth, Fulton (north of town), and Fayette Counties. In the larger counties (mainly Cobb and Gwinnett) there are some mediocre and sub-par areas mixed in, so you need to do the research carefully. Inversely there are a few jewels in the in the places the I didn't list.

Old 12-28-2012, 01:42 AM

Hi again I have another question which area has alot of diversity mainly multi-cultural whites,blacks,hispanics, etc I love living in areas that is diverse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta