Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 09:53 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,660,772 times

Advertisements

Something that makes this USG jump truly awesome...nationally..SAT scores are down/stagnated. ACT scores are down too. There's a trend. More SAT/ACT takers and a lower score. Here in GA, we have more SAT/ACT takers and a we're getting higher score. The average score in 2012 was a 1010(verbal+math) ours was 1110. Whoever said Georgians were all stupid? Clueless noobs.

SAT scores are down and racial gaps remain | Inside Higher Ed

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2013, 10:00 PM

472 posts, read 809,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefRamsey View Post
Something that makes this USG jump truly awesome...nationally..SAT scores are down/stagnated. ACT scores are down too. There's a trend. More SAT/ACT takers and a lower score. Here in GA, we have more SAT/ACT takers and a we're getting higher score. The average score in 2012 was a 1010(verbal+math) ours was 1110. Whoever said Georgians were all stupid? Clueless noobs.

SAT scores are down and racial gaps remain | Inside Higher Ed

Excellent point. A job well done.

Old 01-12-2013, 09:15 PM

Now this I don't believe.

Old 01-12-2013, 09:23 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,546,718 times
Quote:
Neither do I.

Old 01-13-2013, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
Neither do I.
I mean, it's great. It's awesome! It's just that... sounds too awesome to be true. Most of the education problem in GA is a result of ghetto high schools and rural high schools. We have more of them than other states..so it isn't fair. We just need more people graduating from college. Our SAT is higher than the average which is what counts. Even though we have so many colleges in GA, we're still sending the right people there...for now anyways.

Old 01-13-2013, 01:35 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,773,537 times
Quote:
Hear me now and believe me later. Georgia is a lot more progressive than most people realize.

Old 01-13-2013, 03:20 PM

16,691 posts, read 29,511,067 times
Quote:
I mean, it's great. It's awesome! It's just that... sounds too awesome to be true. Most of the education problem in GA is a result of ghetto high schools and rural high schools. We have more of them than other states..so it isn't fair. We just need more people graduating from college. Our SAT is higher than the average which is what counts. Even though we have so many colleges in GA, we're still sending the right people there...for now anyways.
Well, you just removed any "doubts" that anyone should have.

The ranking is not based on the students that attend the schools, but is instead about the quality of the education provided. It is up to the students/families to take advantage of what is offered.

According the link, Georgia is doing a good job in terms of the quality of the education provided and the potential for students to benefit.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Well, you just removed any "doubts" that anyone should have.

The ranking is not based on the students that attend the schools, but is instead about the quality of the education provided. It is up to the students/families to take advantage of what is offered.

According the link, the world is doing a good job in terms of the quality of the education provided and the potential for students to benefit.
I fixed your comment. You're welcome, no charge. Either you're implying that Georgia students are not intelligent or you're implying that they don't utilize the resources given to them.

Either way, you're wrong.

Old 01-13-2013, 08:49 PM

16,691 posts, read 29,511,067 times
Quote:
I fixed your comment. You're welcome, no charge. Either you're implying that Georgia students are not intelligent or you're implying that they don't utilize the resources given to them.

Either way, you're wrong.

I really don't understand the point you are trying to make, nor your argument--and I think you are beginning to contradict some of your prior posts.

And--Georgia students are plenty intelligent. However, in many cases (maybe even most), no amount of intelligence can overcome the ravages of child poverty, inadequate health care, a lack of educational funding, and a dearth of true community support.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta