Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 09:33 AM

13,709 posts, read 21,924,564 times

Advertisements

TWO HUGE BOMBSHELL STORIES ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TODAY'S FAYETTE CITIZEN:

London's legendary Pinewood Studios is negotiating with a group of Atlanta investors to build a massive film and TV production facility in the center of Fayette County!

To be near the action, Savannah College of Art & Design is negotiating with the Fayette County Board of Education to buy Rivers Elementary School on Sandy Creek Road (built 2 years ago and never occupied) to establish a satellite campus!

http://thecitizen.com/http%3A/%252Fw...ish-are-coming

http://thecitizen.com/http%3A/%252Fw...middle-Fayette
Attached Thumbnails
London's Pinewood Studios plans huge TV / Film complex in Fayette County-image.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2013, 09:38 AM

2,092 posts, read 3,224,618 times
This is awesome news...thanks for sharing! Fayette County could definitely use this economic boost...not to mention that these are two very cool projects.

Last edited by LynnHarris; 02-06-2013 at 09:49 AM..

Old 02-06-2013, 10:23 AM

5,242 posts, read 6,238,885 times
WOW, that is big. Thanks for the post Newsboy. This is great news for Fayette County.

So living out here in the middle of nowhere, I currently have the Hunger Games and the Walking Dead being filmed within 10 miles of our house. Now this! I never would have guessed this 10 years ago.

Holy crap, I just saw the part about SCAD!!!!! This is absolutely fantastic news for the county!!!! Seems like we haven't really had hardly any good things happening down here for awhile. This is just amazing.

Now if we can just convince Google to reconsider installing Google Fiber down here....

Last edited by tikigod311; 02-06-2013 at 10:31 AM..

Old 02-06-2013, 11:40 AM

16,701 posts, read 29,526,453 times
Awesome.

Old 02-06-2013, 12:05 PM

Default Oll

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigod311 View Post
WOW, that is big. Thanks for the post Newsboy. This is great news for Fayette County.

So living out here in the middle of nowhere, I currently have the Hunger Games and the Walking Dead being filmed within 10 miles of our house. Now this! I never would have guessed this 10 years ago.

Holy crap, I just saw the part about SCAD!!!!! This is absolutely fantastic news for the county!!!! Seems like we haven't really had hardly any good things happening down here for awhile. This is just amazing.

Now if we can just convince Google to reconsider installing Google Fiber down here....
Yes, I know EXACTLY what you mean and feel the same way -- overwhelmed even! Seems too good to be true after so many people had given up on Fayette County. The next Clayton? Hardly! This is a MAJOR gamechanger. The creation of PTC 50 years ago made Fayette County what it is today, and this is gonna lead it into the future.

Old 02-06-2013, 01:29 PM

BIZ CHRONICLE STORY WITH MORE DETAILS:

Lights, Camera, Action! 280-acre film complex planned for Atlanta, will create up to 1,500 jobs - Atlanta Business Chronicle

Old 02-06-2013, 01:34 PM

16,701 posts, read 29,526,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
... Seems too good to be true after so many people had given up on Fayette County...

Elaborate.

Who are these crazy people that have/had given up on Fayette County? Huh? What? How?

I'm just curious to know what has been said...

Old 02-06-2013, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Yes, I know EXACTLY what you mean and feel the same way -- overwhelmed even! Seems too good to be true after so many people had given up on Fayette County. The next Clayton? Hardly! This is a MAJOR gamechanger. The creation of PTC 50 years ago made Fayette County what it is today, and this is gonna lead it into the future.
I had always scoffed at the idea of Fayette turning into the next Clayton County. My argument being that the county land use plan essentially prevents that. But recently, I had been getting the feeling that while it may not be Clayton County 2.0, things were heading in a negative direction. But this has huge potential to be a game changer for the county.

If it was just SCAD I would be ecstatic. That alone would be a big addition to the county. Adding a generally respected, expensive, desirable school to the area could be just the thing to retain Fayette's status as an upscale community.

But add to that a 300 acre movie / tv studio that has a histroy of making some awesome movie... that's phenomenal.

Now again. GOOGLE FIBER PLEASE.

Old 02-06-2013, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Elaborate.

Who are these crazy people that have/had given up on Fayette County? Huh? What? How?

You obviously don't read the Citizen. Publisher Cal Beverly has been feeding his band of a angry white guy bloggers with front page doom and gloom stories for years.

Old 02-06-2013, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Elaborate.

As a fan and longtime defender of the county, you have to admit things have not been looking so great in the Fayetteville area. Vacant business or low class craphole WE BUY GOLD palces, Goodwill replacing the Barnes and Noble (ugh), serious uptick in crime thanks to our wonderful neighbors to the north (HEY THANKS AHA!), declining school enrollment numbers...

PTC and most of the county has been doing fine, but I have just had this uneasy feeling. For awhile I was thinking the only thing that will keep this a desirable county will be the land use plan and PTC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta