Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 09:13 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,711,684 times

Advertisements

Drop dead diva on Lifetime.

Old 03-25-2013, 05:40 AM

4,768 posts, read 5,442,323 times
Guys I work in the bankruptcy field, believe everything that promotes a certain image or glitter is not gold. For instances most people rent luxury cars for video shoots , shows , and movies. Also shallow, loud, and Ghetto images does not represent me as someone who love Atlanta. Yeah I love the photo shoots of the Skyline and famous locations, but please keep the mentality and shallowness of soul to yourself, like they a Diva. It give people false hope, and a bad impression.

Old 03-25-2013, 06:21 AM

329 posts, read 638,433 times
i think its a good thing... puts Atlanta on the map. I agree with a previous poster that it does no more harm than other shows filmed in other cities.

Old 03-25-2013, 07:23 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,218,275 times
The only decent show filmed here is The Walking Dead. The rest of those "reality" shows are garbage, and I know people that think Atlanta is really like that. I'm more amazed at their idiocy to believe that.

Old 03-25-2013, 08:56 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,889,276 times
Of note: The OP was a previously banned troll and is no longer here. I will leave this topic up since Atlanta's TV industry is thriving and if people stick to the subject matter and list/discuss current TV shows that are being filmed here in Atlanta. You do not have to limit it to reality shows, but any weekly or special made here.

For reference... Wiki list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...set_in_Atlanta

Old 03-25-2013, 12:29 PM

687 posts, read 745,189 times
The Secret Princes (shown on TLC around 3 months ago) was also filmed here......fantastic footage from all over the city.

L5P, Buckhead, Piedmont Park were featured heavily as well as local bars such as Apres Diem on Monroe and Kramers in Buckhead village.

If you didn't see it first time around check on demand, if you like seeing your city on screen you will love this!

Old 03-25-2013, 03:02 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,912,447 times
There is a new show being filmed here thru scifi network.I was in rag o Rama selling clothes and had to sign a release form because my face was shown on camera

Old 03-25-2013, 04:20 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,527,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. Kencade View Post
Having visited Atlanta and possibly looking to buy a business there in the future.......Atlanta overall is a nice place.

Those TV shows do the city no more harm than a Cop show does NYC. I'd love to see Columbus,Ohio have 3 or 4 TV shows running at the same time and all of them are hit shows. I think Atlanta is in a good position to do even more great things in the future.

Every city and I mean every Metro has it issues. Atlanta certainly has its issues. I've lived in Chicago as well as Detroit and the 2 cities are total opposites but each one has it's great and no so great aspects.

Those that are pleased with Atlanta appear to be those with good jobs/career prospects and are overall satisfied with the quality of life they have in Atlanta.

I think those that are "disappointed" are transplants that relocate to Atlanta based on what they've heard and have the idea that life will be grand, all they have to do is show up. All they seem to harp on is "TRAFFIC". Okay, we get it, the traffic is "bad". Try driving in Chicago or NYC or DFW during peak times. All the same.

Many move there with NOTHING in terms of money saved, job prospects, nor any sought after job skills. After 6 months, they've become "angry", start bashing the city and therefore pack up and move back home or to Houston, Miami(or wherever the next big thing is).
All this from a visitor? You love Atlanta now? What happened to the OP of this thread? Very interesting activities going on in this forum.....

Old 03-25-2013, 05:02 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,527,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
Of note: The OP was a previously banned troll and is no longer here. I will leave this topic up since Atlanta's TV industry is thriving and if people stick to the subject matter and list/discuss current TV shows that are being filmed here in Atlanta. You do not have to limit it to reality shows, but any weekly or special made here.

For reference... Wiki list: List of television shows set in Atlanta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I read the blogs that do the after show reviews of Atlanta Housewives, I've never really watched the show. I have no real interest in the other housewife shows, it just seems that the industry is trying hard to kill off its TV star actor. All the reality shows are entertaining to most, but it takes the tv star & tv writer out of the loop.Most of the reality rarely ever become stars like Ryan & Kim K

Old 03-26-2013, 08:33 AM

1,885 posts, read 3,403,320 times
Speaking of the Housewives just heard this on the radio; can't say I didn't see it coming either.

Divorce for 'Real Housewives of Atlanta's' Porsha, Kordell... | Southern Squall | www.accessatlanta.com

Something tells me Kordell forbid Porsha to sign on for a second season, then all hell broke loose!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta