Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 06:55 PM

2 posts, read 3,201 times

Advertisements

We're planning on relocating to Atlanta. Where do the professionals live who have six figure incomes? Also we do not have any children. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2007, 07:48 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,468,083 times
Buckhead. Alpharetta.

Old 10-26-2007, 08:32 PM

3,972 posts, read 12,662,983 times
Duluth, Brookhaven, Sandy Springs,

What type of house and what price range? Where will you be working?

Old 10-26-2007, 09:07 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,889,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastminutemom View Post
Duluth, Brookhaven, Sandy Springs,

What type of house and what price range? Where will you be working?
That strikes a point.

While Atlanta has Buckhead - generally a wealthy area, there are "pockets" of higher-end communities throughout the metro area here and there, not just in one or two particular areas. Do you want a more urban upper-income area, or a more suburban upper-income area? You'll get tons more house and room for your money in the burbs, but then there is the commute...

As she pointed out in her post above, "Where will you be working?" is one of the most important questions in Atlanta. We have some of the worst traffic in North America here - you want to live as close to where you'll be working as possible.

Old 10-26-2007, 09:35 PM

1,320 posts, read 4,275,471 times
There are many affluent areas of the metro area with fine homes. You'll need to define the type of lifestyle you want to pursue before you'll be able to focus your search. Probably the most important distinction is whether you want to live intown or in the suburbs. Intown offers a much quicker commute, access to major arts venues, sports venues, fine dining & shopping, as well as a more cosmopolitan lifestyle. The suburbs offer more room, more house for the money, and some more varied recreational pursuits -- for instance country club living, horse country, access to lakefront or riverfront properties, etc.

If you will have an office location you must travel to regularly, you'll certainly want to consider proximity because Atlanta's traffic (as has been mentioned above) is horrible.

Another factor to consider is the architecture and age of the homes available. Historic homes are much more prevalent intown. The larger homes in the suburbs are of more recent vintage.

If you can provide more information about the type of location and home you're looking for, you'll get more precise responses that might help you narrow the choices. However, you should visit a number of areas when you start actively searching for a home so you can get a real feel for the different neighborhoods and see which will best suit your lifestyle and personality.

Good luck!

Old 10-26-2007, 09:39 PM

36 posts, read 236,302 times
Do you want to live in style?? Try the CHATEAU ELAN you will think that you just arrived in heaven. This is only if you can deal with the traffic. Braselton is about 40 miles north of Atlanta, but it is worth every mile. There are houses in there from the mid 400k to more than 5 million. Enjoyed !!

Make It a Great Day !!

Old 10-27-2007, 08:28 AM

17,475 posts, read 66,064,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorothy pickens View Post
We're planning on relocating to Atlanta. Where do the professionals live who have six figure incomes? Also we do not have any children. Thanks.
I can assure you that 6figure incomes live all over Atlanta- The difference is how you live with that income? As others have questioned- how do you "live" now? How much are you willing to spend on a home? How much commute can you stand?
Find the "Fake Millionaires" thread for a slant on 6figure incomes.

Old 10-27-2007, 08:41 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,385,838 times
A "6-figure income" is not the unusual thing it used to be- especially in dual-income households. You'll find people who make $100k living in virtually every area of the Atlanta metro.

Old 10-27-2007, 09:57 AM

1,372 posts, read 5,210,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
A "6-figure income" is not the unusual thing it used to be- especially in dual-income households. You'll find people who make $100k living in virtually every area of the Atlanta metro.
yeah my husband makes 6 figures alone and then I am an agent but we live in Acworth....I guess it depends on where you WANT to live and what kinda of STATUS you want to keep

I would never want to live in a community with a bunch of stuck up richies
my family is not the Cosby's
more like Rosanne

Old 10-27-2007, 10:00 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,385,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dncngrl1964 View Post

I would never want to live in a community with a bunch of stuck up richies
my family is not the Cosby's
more like Rosanne
Sometimes I think our family is more like the Osbournes, and the scary part is, I don't necessarily see it as being a bad thing.....lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta