Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2013, 03:57 PM

55 posts, read 145,877 times

Advertisements

My husband and I (and our 8 year old daughter) are looking to do something tomorrow after dropping off our other daughter at the airport at 10:00 am. Thought it would be nice to explore a new area. Senioa and Virginia Highlands look appealing for their quaint stores and some good restaurants for lunch. Any opinions on which would be a more interesting place to visit with more to do and see? BTW, I know about the Walking Dead show being filmed in Senioa, and as I don't watch the show, that really doesn't interest me. But it would be cool to check out Zac Brown's restaurant in Senioa, which has received good reviews.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2013, 08:19 PM

4,790 posts, read 6,876,597 times
wow, that's like day and night.

virginia-highland is close to midtown, it's in the city. there's tons to do. i would recommend walking south down highland avenue from virginia-highland until you get tired. there's tons of places, tons of stuff to do. you may also want to check out piedmont park and the beltline, those are very close nearby.

senoia is basically out in the middle of nowhere. there is a small square that has seen some revitalization, but you could spend maybe an hour there and you've seen just about everything there is to see. unless you're driving through several small towns, i wouldn't go to all the trouble to drive all the way down there *just* to see senoia.

Old 07-19-2013, 08:31 PM

744 posts, read 2,482,977 times
I'm going to vote for Senoia . It is a beautiful laid back southern town that always reminds me of a bygone era ( Mayberry. ) I love walking downtown there and just window shopping .
The Walking Dead filming does make it a bit interesting at times ( certain roads closed and enormous heavy equipment tires strewn about in certain areas etc ). When I was there last fall thier Gazebo , which is normally beautifully keptv,looked as if it had been in a hurricane ( trash , garbage, mossy stuff all hanging from it ) but it was all for the show .
If you happen want to check something else out that is in the area ( Peachtree City ). The Confederate Airforce is located at Falcon Field . They have a great collection of vintage war planes on display and they are way cool to see. You can get super close to these planes and the people who run this opporation really love what they do.

Old 07-19-2013, 10:55 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,863,348 times
I vote for Senoia too (proper spelling by the way... rhymes with 'annoy'). Peachtree City is interesting in that it is a planned from the ground up city. Another neat development down on that side is Serenbe in the Palmetto/Chattahoochee Hills area. The Newnan square is another quaint area and a tour of the several historic districts would be interesting. You could easily make a nice day trip by going to one or more of these places if Senoia alone isn't enough.

It would behoove a lot of inner city types to get out of the city and see what is going on in the rest of Georgia.

Old 07-20-2013, 06:53 AM

23,466 posts, read 44,100,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
I vote for Senoia too (proper spelling by the way... rhymes with 'annoy'). Peachtree City is interesting in that it is a planned from the ground up city. Another neat development down on that side is Serenbe in the Palmetto/Chattahoochee Hills area. The Newnan square is another quaint area and a tour of the several historic districts would be interesting. You could easily make a nice day trip by going to one or more of these places if Senoia alone isn't enough.

It would behoove a lot of inner city types to get out of the city and see what is going on in the rest of Georgia.
Some of the streets in The Walking Dead's town of Woodbury are quite recognizable as being in Senoia.
A friend told me that there's a bar there the zombies like to drink in after a shoot, makeup still intact.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:34 AM

Thank you for all your replies! We ended up going to Senoia and it was great! Bought some things in the shops and had a great lunch at Zac Brown's place. We talked to the old guy at the visitor's center and drove around a bit to check out the historical homes. We also learned how many movies have been filmed in Senoia. We drove around Peachtree City, too. I was curious and I've heard a lot about it with the golf carts, etc. So overall it was a successful trip!

Old 07-22-2013, 09:25 AM

329 posts, read 638,433 times
hi momdog,

when you went to Senoia this past weekend, was there any filming being done? whats the name of the restaurant you ate in? been thinking about going there as well!

Old 07-22-2013, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince217 View Post
hi momdog,

when you went to Senoia this past weekend, was there any filming being done? whats the name of the restaurant you ate in? been thinking about going there as well!
Hi Vince! There was no filming going on when we were there. One of the store clerks said they are done filming the Walking Dead for this season. We ate at Southern Ground Social Club. Have fun if you go!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta