Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 09:04 PM

42 posts, read 121,336 times

Advertisements

I'm a 27 year old single professional white male who just moved to the vinings area of Atlanta. I just broke up with my girlfriend not too long ago before I moved up here. I'm looking to start dating again and I was wondering what the single scene was like here? Any information would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 09:32 PM

6,558 posts, read 12,054,379 times
Midtown is probably the best area now as far as nightlife and the single scene. Buckhead used to be but a lot of the clubs and bars shut down there. What kind of women are you into? I'll describe the scenes like this:

Midtown - Diverse crowd. A lot of transplants from out of town and other countries, so you'll see a lot of exotic women. Also a lot of Georgia Tech students. Keep in mind, Midtown has a large GLBT community so a lot of women may "play for the other team".

Buckhead - More of the rich, high class debutante types. More native Georgia Peaches, a lot of former UGA sorority sister types.

Virginia-Highland (VaHi) - Mix of wealthy and hippie/nature loving/outdoorsy types. Laid-back community with pubs and cafes and a lot of nice houses.

Little Five Points (L5P) - If you're into the goth or punk rocker chicks, this is the scene for you.

Downtown - Not as big in nightlife as the other areas, but its growing. Underground, Fairlie-Poplar, Centennial Park, and Castleberry Hill are a few downtown neighborhoods that have bars and clubs.

Suburban Areas (OTP) - See Buckhead. A lot of the women are drop-dead gorgeous and native Georgians, but tend to be conservative and dedicated to Christianity, so you may need to be married to them to get any action (but they would make good wives).

Best of luck to you in the ATL! Your advantage is that females outnumber males there, so there are plenty of pick'ns.

Old 06-13-2009, 08:17 PM

1,446 posts, read 3,551,900 times
I just turned 24 . . .this doesn't bode well for me.

Old 06-21-2009, 08:24 AM

45 posts, read 103,637 times
Ok...then where would I meet the darker women and mixed women at..sorry I couldn't help but to ask....

Old 06-23-2009, 07:17 AM

58 posts, read 153,023 times
Regarding the Georgia Tech women, STAY AWAY!!! RUN AS FAR AWAY AS YOU CAN!!!! They are arrogant, rude, and just plain ungrateful. Trust me, I've been at this school for three years now and cannot wait to graduate. I have to go to Athens on the weekends just to meet women. But hey, I came to the school for the great degree, not the social life.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:26 AM

593 posts, read 2,895,036 times
Wow. The guys I know that have atteneded GA Tech have all complained about the same thing and couldn't wait to graduate.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:47 AM

Yeah man, it really sucks. At Georgia Tech if you're a guy then to girls you're automatically creepy unless proven innocent. Georgia Tech: Sucks while you're here, but is worth the investment. All the recent alumni I know who have made it through Tech all say that once you graduate you enter a utopia full of beautiful women who throw themselves at you because you have such a good degree and hence, a good job.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:57 AM

572 posts, read 1,871,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookem89 View Post
Regarding the Georgia Tech women, STAY AWAY!!! RUN AS FAR AWAY AS YOU CAN!!!! They are arrogant, rude, and just plain ungrateful. Trust me, I've been at this school for three years now and cannot wait to graduate. I have to go to Athens on the weekends just to meet women. But hey, I came to the school for the great degree, not the social life.
LOL, why don't you try out the Georgia State women. I go there and I get much love.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:00 AM

Where at? I don't really know where GSU people hang out.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:12 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,247,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagbark Hickory View Post
Wow. The guys I know that have atteneded GA Tech have all complained about the same thing and couldn't wait to graduate.
Really? What's the issue? They seem to have some babes walking around the campus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta