Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2013, 01:58 PM

12 posts, read 65,131 times

Advertisements

.. What does that mean? One rainy day I ran into some friends who offered me a ride ..when I got out of the car and went inside of the store to order me a sandwich a cop came out of nowhere and placed handcuffs on me ..I was finger printed and questioned about whether or not I knew the car was stolen, which I did not. I was transferred to the bookings where I awaited to see a judge. I was there from 6pm to 5am when one of the CO's came into release me saying the judge decided to drop everything and that they really had nothing to go on with and that I looked like I shouldn't even be in there.. (This was in the state of NY) A year later I moved to GA ..I went to a temp service for employment and was told to go the police station and receive a copy of my background check ( which came back clear ) 3 years later I am now applying for a new job and they are running their own background check through a third-party ..so my question is can the situation that took place in NY affect my background check in any way since this may not be a local background check? Or did the fact that I never had to see the judge mean that my criminal record is clean? Or do I need to follow steps in order to get that situation removed from my history?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2013, 07:00 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWantsToKnowWhy View Post
.. What does that mean? One rainy day I ran into some friends who offered me a ride ..when I got out of the car and went inside of the store to order me a sandwich a cop came out of nowhere and placed handcuffs on me ..I was finger printed and questioned about whether or not I knew the car was stolen, which I did not. I was transferred to the bookings where I awaited to see a judge. I was there from 6pm to 5am when one of the CO's came into release me saying the judge decided to drop everything and that they really had nothing to go on with and that I looked like I shouldn't even be in there.. (This was in the state of NY) A year later I moved to GA ..I went to a temp service for employment and was told to go the police station and receive a copy of my background check ( which came back clear ) 3 years later I am now applying for a new job and they are running their own background check through a third-party ..so my question is can the situation that took place in NY affect my background check in any way since this may not be a local background check? Or did the fact that I never had to see the judge mean that my criminal record is clean? Or do I need to follow steps in order to get that situation removed from my history?
If the first background check came back clear, then it likely isn't going to be an issue.

The third party investigation companies are primarily looking for records that have some relevance to the job for which you are applying.

Have a DUI? That will cause problems if you are applying for a driving position.

Applying for a cashier or customer service position? The DUI won't matter but if you have a theft or embezzlement rap, that will raise a red flag.

Your circumstances shouldn't be anything to worry about, especially since you were never even charged.

If they want to know if you have ever been arrested, be honest, but tell your story.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta