Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 10:26 AM

32,026 posts, read 36,788,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelySummer View Post
Wow, really. I thought that was Garden Hills all this time. I do believe Buckhead must win the award for the neighborhood with the most sub-neighborhoods.
Well, Buckhead covers a lot of territory so it has tons of neighborhoods.

The Village is in NPU-B, which covers most of central Buckhead.

Map of NPU-B with constituent neighborhoods:

Neighborhoods by NPU

Other NPUs that include Buckhead are A, C, E and F:

NPU-C

NPU-A

NPU-E

NPU-F
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2013, 12:12 PM

1,637 posts, read 2,630,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanosolar View Post
Avalon will be a flop hopefully
No it will not and here is why

For-sale Residential: Town urbanist Lew Oliver, builder Monte Hewett Homes and Atlanta Fine Homes Sotheby’s International have teamed up to design, build and sell the single-family homes at Avalon. The team has gathered a waiting list of more than 600 prospective homebuyers for the 101 homes to be built. Initial concepts for the homes are available by contacting Atlanta Fine Homes Sotheby’s International. The first peek of model homes will be available in June 2014, and in October 2014 the first resident will move in.

Luxury Rental Homes: 250 luxury rental homes will be built above the Phase I retail, and are as highly sought after as the single-family offering. The first units will be available for occupancy in January 2015.

Office Leasing: More than 50 percent of the office-over-retail has been leased. New tenants include Wakefield Beasley and Associates and Integrated Care Management. In addition, there has been tremendous interest in the 750,000 square feet of build-to-suit space planned in Phase II from employers seeking to provide an unparalleled work environment for their associates, while future-proofing their operations with Avalon's fiber-to-the-premises technology. Greenstone Properties is leasing the Phase I office over retail space, and will develop and lease the Phase II mid-rise office buildings.

Old 08-22-2013, 01:22 PM

925 posts, read 1,333,851 times
COL is low and salary for jobs are relatively high. If there are not enough super rich people to support these stores, there are plenty of locals with extra money to occasionally splurge on these items.

Old 08-22-2013, 02:51 PM

3,421 posts, read 5,219,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasuga888 View Post
COL is low and salary for jobs are relatively high. If there are not enough super rich people to support these stores, there are plenty of locals with extra money to occasionally splurge on these items.

The growing sector for jobs here is in the service sector with low or minimum wage jobs, increasing in great numbers, while there are very few well-paying professional jobs in comparison. As this continues to become a place that offers mostly minimum wage jobs, there isn't going to be a large number of people who will be able to afford to shop there at this rate as time goes on.

That's not to say there aren't people who live here with lots of money. There definitely are, especially in Buckhead, but they are by no stretch the average Atlantan.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:32 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,501,315 times
Regarding the Hermes store at Buckhead Atlanta, it will not be a flagship store as the company's New York, Beverly Hills, and soon-to-be Miami flagships are 12,000 sf. This store is much smaller at 4,100 sf, but it is significantly larger than most of their American stores and their previous store at Lenox.

Hermès Making American Push | Fashion Snoops Blog

Old 11-01-2013, 12:17 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,875,645 times
Quote:
BuckheadView reports the 20-story towers should be topped out in January, about the time OliverMcMillan could finally reveal exactly what might be here.
Fun Techy Things - Curbed Atlanta
BuckheadView

Sky cams: EarthCam Construction Camera - OliverMcMillan

Old 11-29-2013, 08:30 AM

32,026 posts, read 36,788,671 times
Atlanta Magazine says there are a couple of restaurants coming in named The Southern Gentleman and Gypsy Kitchen. Apparently they will be run by the same people who own Milton’s Cuisine & Cocktails and Osteria Cibo Rustico.

http://www.atlantamagazine.com/cover...-in-2014/print

Old 11-29-2013, 08:49 AM

1,637 posts, read 2,630,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Atlanta Magazine says there are a couple of restaurants coming in named The Southern Gentleman and Gypsy Kitchen. Apparently they will be run by the same people who own Milton’s Cuisine & Cocktails and Osteria Cibo Rustico.

http://www.atlantamagazine.com/cover...-in-2014/print

Old 11-29-2013, 05:05 PM

2,307 posts, read 2,995,264 times
When I was growing up (1970s-80s), Buckhead was only the area directly around the soon-to-be "Buckhead Atlanta". It was really just that little retail area, the 5 points intersection where the real buck's head once hung. My father, who grew up there, rejected the idea that the residential areas nearby should be called Buckhead. . . They each had their own names: Peachtree Heights West, Peachtree Heights East, Garden Hills. . . .Even when I was a kid, the Lenox area was just. . .well, Lenox. It wasn't part of Buckhead. I guess that makes me old!

The "Buckhead Atlanta" name makes no sense to me/is horrible, but I bet they keep it. . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta